Formula 1 DHL Turkish Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 316 comments
Stroll on poll
Kek

After sharing all the race threads with your posts so far this year, and the driver thread and the dumb halo argument, I've written you off as a low effort troll and I'd suggest others do the same.

No one is this contrarian except for the hell of it.
“How dare you have a different opinion from me”

Verstappen should've completed that purple-purple lap
Wouldn't have been enough, I think he ended up being 3 seconds faster on the inters.

Before we actually call results, let's await the results for the yellow flag investigations for Q1.

Lance Stroll is on pole position. Verstappen 2nd.
Perez ends up third. Albon sharing the second row in the second Red Bull.
Hamilton is sixth, just behind Ricciardo, while Bottas can only muster P9 behind Ocon and Raikkonen as Giovinazzi completes the top 10

Aw man after all that and it’s still the Mercedes and Verstappen in the top 3....

what’s that? Why are the Mercedes pink?

STROLLLLLL. Pay driver my ***. Kid has talent

Tomorrow is dry and Hamilton is three places above Bottas so he's still gonna win the championship, and probably the race too.

What is it with Lance? Most of the time he's average at best, but as soon as it rains, he's a top level driver

Who are the drivers caught in that Q1 investigation for not slowimg behind under yellow?

Props for Stroll on that pole....I'm not holding my breath for him though cause looking at his track record, he's probably going to bin it especially with Verstappen right behind him.

Who are the drivers caught in that Q1 investigation for not slowimg behind under yellow?

Props for Stroll on that pole....I'm not holding my breath for him though cause looking at his track record, he's probably going to bin it especially with Verstappen right behind him.
I think it's nearly the entire field, except for the Red Bulls (the yellows happened behind them).

Official statement is:
ALL LAP TIMES SET UNDER YELLOW FLAGS WILL BE INVESTIGATED AFTER THE SESSION

Last edited:
What I find quite amazing is that the "Pink Mercedes", which in the dry is a solid midfield car, actually becomes the dominant Mercedes team in the wet, meanwhile the real Mercedes looked like the RP in the dry today by comparison.

Last edited:
As someone who really didn’t like or respect Max and his attitude towards F1 when he first showed up, I can now safely say that he’s the best driver on the grid this year by a country mile. Red bull didn’t have the inters pace but you could see he was in his own league before that. Gives off Alonso vibes.

10 drivers under investigation (including Stroll, Perez, Hamilton) for the earlier mentioned Q1 yellow and improving their lap time.

What a quali session! Good call on RP for those inters, Stroll getting pole position was a really good surprise.

Last edited:
What a quali session! Good call on RP for those inters, Stroll getting pole position was a really good surprise.
They are the only team who decided to start with Inters so the tires could warm up more laps. Most certainly that made the difference at the end. Great call by the team (and superb driving by both drivers)

EmyfTEmUwAQx6GW

What I find quite amazing is that the "Pink Mercedes", which in the dry is a solid midfield car, actually becomes the dominant Mercedes team in the wet, meanwhile the real Mercedes looked like the RP in the dry today by comparison.

Didn't last year's Mercedes over-exercise the tyres at times? Seems perfect for today. Great result for Stroll, great session for F1.

Back