Formula 1 DHL Turkish Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 316 comments
Tuned in a couple of seconds ago. Rain, heavy showers. Did I understand well they are thinking about delaying the start of the race?

Last edited:
This is going to be such a great race. I'm exhausted as I've stayed up after work to catch this race in the US, but I'm optimistic.

Giovinazzi just spun off on warmup lap :/

Last edited:
Looks like it's going ahead, but I imagine several drivers are worried about the conditions. The whole track looks like that super-slippery drag runoff at Nurburgring.

And now Russell has lost a front wing. I have a feeling the safety car will be winning this one.

Gasly has to start from the back

Em2tuyYW8AI0Xx_

This is a race of tyre temperature. Formation Lap and Safety Cars are going to annihilate the temps meaning restarts are going to be a mess. Safety Cars breed Safety Cars and all that.

I am expecting someone to spin off on the run to Turn 3 on the first racing lap and skittle the pack unfortunately. The podium here is going to be Max and *roll 2d20*. Unless Max crashes in which case it'll be *roll 3d20*.

This is a race of tyre temperature. Formation Lap and Safety Cars are going to annihilate the temps meaning restarts are going to be a mess. Safety Cars breed Safety Cars and all that.

I am expecting someone to spin off on the run to Turn 3 on the first racing lap and skittle the pack unfortunately. The podium here is going to be Max and *roll 2d20*. Unless Max crashes in which case it'll be *roll 3d20*.

I think if Hamilton can get the tyres up to temp he could make his way forward - so far this weekend we haven't had twenty cars at flat chat all drying the same bit of track as they go, so it might happen. With that said the Merc has been so cold on its tyres all weekend that... who knows.

Looking forward to it!

Honestly rushing to the grid was a smart move for Stroll and RP. Qualifying showed they’re much better at getting the wets up to temp than Merc and RB. Had he held back, it would’ve let them get their tyres warmed up. Instead, forcing them (and themselves) to start cold means they can use their much better tyre temp management to get an early lead whilst the faster cars struggle on their tyres.

Both Leclerc and Bottas switched to inters. Verstappen still hounding Vettel.

Edit: Vettel also switched to inters.

Last edited:
Back