Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 105 comments
SC is his only chance now, otherwise its P14.
The odds of an SC were low, heck at lap 45 if there was none, they should've just bit the bullet, gone to mediums and used the lower weight due to less fuel to get track pos.

Pit stop infringement investigations have to do with safety equipment on the mechanics, so are unlikely to result in driver penalties. Probably will be fines.

So much math to figure out who finished where for the finale.

b20.gif

1. Verstappen (FL)
2. Leclerc
3. Russell
4. Perez
5. Norris
6. Piastri
7. Alonso
8. Tsunoda
9. Hamilton
10. Stroll

So does anyone have the final list of all the records that Verstappen and Red Bull broke this season?

Last edited:
And now Max turns off the PS5 after that video game season where... WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT WASN'T A VIDEO GAME?!

So does anyone have the final list of all the records that Verstappen and Red Bull broke this season?
I'm pretty sure that, at very least, Max has the greatest win/loss ratio over a season, which is pretty wild considering the history of the sport.

I'm pretty sure that, at very least, Max has the greatest win/loss ratio over a season, which is pretty wild considering the history of the sport.
That one I know. The old record was 75% of races won in a season (Ascari 1952), and Verstappen now has 86.36%

I think it's more like what record Max and RB did not break this season because they basically either broke or set everything else that matters over the course of a season....honestly, it's very impressive and credits to them because their consistency has been nothing short of flawless.

Now that it's all done, I really hope there's more competition next year because as impressive as a dominant season like this is, it's just too boring to know from the start that the same team and same driver will win irregardless of what happens on track.

Whew, those 22 races went by in a flash. Felt like only 21!

Mostly dull race.

So many records for Red Bull and Max that I lost count.

Wished McLaren finished higher this race, but strong finish to the season. Fourth for the team and sixth for Lando? Not bad. Please continue this form into the start of next season. Please. Jesus... FFS please.

Hope Red Bull get challenged in 2024.

I think it's more like what record Max and RB did not break this season because they basically either broke or set everything else that matters over the course of a season....honestly, it's very impressive and credits to them because their consistency has been nothing short of flawless.

Now that it's all done, I really hope there's more competition next year because as impressive as a dominant season like this is, it's just too boring to know from the start that the same team and same driver will win irregardless of what happens on track.
Some of the records not broken:
Percentage of podiums (record is 100%, Schumacher 2002)
Percentage/number of fastest laps (record is 10, 55%, Schumacher 2004)
Percentage/number of pole positions (record is 87.5%, Mansell 1992 / 15, Vettel 2011 )
Consecutive podiums (record is 19, Schumacher 2001-2002)
Consecutive points finishes (record is 48, Hamilton 2018-2020, but Verstappen is on a 41 streak)

Last edited:
Good riddance to the worst season of F1 I've ever witnessed. Only 2 more years of this failed formula.

Remember when everyone was whining when Mercedes was winning? Be careful what you wish for because this is far worse.

Last edited:
Watching in the delay. On lap 29, race half done. Everyone has stopped, all cars are on hard tires. I get the sense that F1 is actually just a giant experiment in group think.

Good riddance to the worst season of F1 I've ever witnessed. Only 2 more years of this failed formula.

Remember when everyone was whining when Mercedes was winning? Be careful what you wish for because this is far worse.
I don't think the formula has failed at all.
Close racing is a lot more doable than it was before. The midfield is closer than ever. It just so happens that one team immediately got it right and thus became dominant while other teams are trying to catch up.
The second fastest team this year shifted from Aston Martin to McLaren to Ferrari, while Mercedes ended up getting P2 in total due to more consistency.
If you remove Verstappen from the season this would have gone down as one of the most exciting seasons ever.

Last edited:
I don't think the formula has failed at all.
Close racing is a lot mode doable than it was before. The midfield is closer than ever. It just so happens that one team immediately got it right and thus became dominant while other teams are trying to catch up.
The second fastest team this year shifted from Aston Martin to McLaren to Ferrari, while Mercedes ended up getting P2 in total due to more consistency.
If you remove Verstappen from the season this would have gone down as one of the most exciting seasons ever.
And said rules has made it virtually impossible for any team to catch up. We're locked into this until 2026.
And yeah the mid field might be closer than ever but it's still one DRS train after the other. I haven't been impressed.

Last edited:
Ive actually been keeping track of this (well, removing both RBs) since the summer break and youre exactly right. Lewis and Fernando title fight down to the last race with only 9 points between them, Lewis taking his hypothetical 8th. Lando and Charles both with 5 race wins each. Oscar with a win. De Vries still with no points. Genuinely been fascinating to keep track of

And said rules has made it virtually impossible for any team to catch up. We're locked into this until 2026.
And yeah the mid field might be closer than ever but it's still one DRS train after the other. I haven't been impressed.
May I remind you that McLaren was pretty much the slowest car on the grid in the first half of the season? They caught up. When is the last time we saw a team come from all the way at the back to getting regular podiums (and actually getting a sprint win) within one season?
Dominance has happened in nearly every era of F1. It will keep happening unless you go completely to spec cars.

Back