Formula 1 Gran Premio De La Ciudad De México 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 177 comments
Tsunoda just didn't give Ricciardo the space. This is what happens when you don't give the space...

HASHTAG SARCASM

Hamilton: Are we on the wrong tyre?
Mercedes: No, we're on the right tyre.
Hamilton:

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF
Incredible how Hamilton, the driver who apparently shreds his tyres more than anyone else due to an enormous back catalogue of radio evidence, is an expert in tyre strategy when the chips are down.

This race has been crap. Don't know what Mercedes-Benz could have done differently.

At least Fernando will get to finish more races next year. In the car currently sitting p14 and p15.

:lol:
If there's anyone short of Verstappen or Hamilton who could drag that Aston Martin back into the top 10, it's Alonso.

He has been so casually fast and consistent this season yet has had all the mechanical unluck Alpine can lather him in.

Hards were probably the best way to go. Mercedes just can't preserve the tyres like Red Bull can. I wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull could go all 71 laps on that medium ha.

From the last race and this race, I think we can gather that Red Bull and Mercedes wear their tires differently. Red Bull were more gentle on a softer compound.

Merc got spooked after Max was putting in good times on mediums - in hindsight they should have gone medium-soft

Merc got spooked after Max was putting in good times on mediums - in hindsight they should have gone medium-soft
I would have liked to see that for one of them, but I don't think it would've worked any better seeing how well Red Bull did on the medium.

And yet people in this very thread are saying it was the right call.
I don't think it was a bad call, it was just a bit unexpected that RB could make the mediums last that long. I'm a bit surprised they didn't go for fastest lap with Russell though

Ricciardo as DotD is a bit weird after his questionable move
Not questionable at all, just about the only driver actually giving it some, must have done 90% of the days overtakes and pulled out for enough to make the penalty pointless in a car he's been terrible in.

The race was dull, sadly, needed a safety car after halfway to inject something.

Also I hope these regionally theme F1 theme tunes catch on, I need a proper samba version in Brazil for sure.

Back