Formula 1 Gran Premio de la Ciudad de México 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 222 comments
Brundle is sadly not much better these days and he's been the best in his field unlike almost anyone else since 1997. Put Chandok in the box or even Collins. Both have wicked enthusiasm.

I really like Bernie Collins, very good insight and clearly passionate.

My ideal comms team, Alex Jacques, Jenson Button, Bernie Collins.

Jenson and Karun can rotate.

Reading on Reddit there is a rumour that the journalists in question can't talk about.

Adamantly that is a bit of "U OK hun?" going on what could it be? Perez retiring? Mexico track being replaced by Cancun? Aston Martin being sold to the Saudis? Liberty being sold to Mars? Only credible one is Abu Dhabi being cancelled for obvious reasons.

So yeah, U OK hun? DM me darling.

What's the obvious reason for cancellation of Abu Dhabi?
A skirmish they aren't involved in and that is many miles away (Israel Vs Palestine) apparently means Abu Dhabi will be cancelled???

The "evidence" for this is that a few western countries (the UK being most relevant to the F1 paddock) have started changing their travel advice into a more advisory to not than before.
That said, the UK's advice seems to be a warning over Yemeni terrorism.

Basically the rumour mill has been going into overdrive because Twitter Journo (Fabrega) posted a nothing message, another Twitter Journo (Buxton) posted a reaction gif and let the world go wild to work something out. They both said nothing of substance but apparently teams are getting sold, half the grid is moving and various races are moving or being cancelled. All with not a shred of evidence. I hate rumours in the F1 paddock.

I really like Bernie Collins, very good insight and clearly passionate.
Her accent... I could listen to her describe paint drying all day.

simon-cowell-sigh.gif

It’s a great accent. Her and Iona Stephen have brilliant accents for presenting sport.
Yeah. She's really enthusiastic too. Great combination compared to the others. I personally think Brundle would love to comentate his own style/brand but is being forced to do it a certain way to not upset stake/shareholders and sponsorships in the age of no freedom of speech.

Last edited:
Yeah. She's really enthusiastic too. Great combination compared to the others. I personally think Brundle would love to comentate his own style/brand but is being forced to do it a certain way to not upset stake/shareholders and sponsorships in the age of no freedom of speech.
Yeah, I really enjoyed when Martin Brundle was the lead commentator alongside David Coulthard for a while, think it was with BBC before Sky took over. That was his peak commentary.

Back