Formula 1 Grand Premio Do Brasil 2017Formula 1 

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
The world championship might be settled but second place is still up for grabs. Interlagos has brought some incredible drama to racing over the years, let's hope this one's no exception. Lots of drivers still have plenty to prove - either that they can make the podium or just remain relevant for 2018.

Here's a recap of the 2008 race in honour of retired un-retired soon-to-retire Felipe Massa, the 2017 race will definitely be his last Brasilian GP, and that's an almost certain fact.

I really hope we get mixed conditions, when the track is try for the whole race it can be dull due to how hard it is to overtake, and I imagine this year it will be even harder.

Mercedes will be trialling 2018-spec ideas during free practice and may carry them over to quali/race if they work as hoped. Sky.

It's normally common practice to trial parts for the new season if the development of the current car is no longer required.

They did something similar towards the end of 2016 if I remember right: a trial version of the 2017 engine was bolted in during free practice in Singapore.

It's normally common practice to trial parts for the new season if the development of the current car is no longer required.

They did something similar towards the end of 2016 if I remember right: a trial version of the 2017 engine was bolted in during free practice in Singapore.
Considering both the manufacturer's and driver's championship are wrapped up, Mercedes really has nothing to lose by using the rest of the season as a shakedown trial for next year's components.

Ricciardo has to start with a grid penalty. Probably 10 places.

And the weather forecast (for what's it worth): training / quali wet and race dry... Hopefully vice versa.

Tyre selections for the weekend:
DNeFlt8XUAAxV-z

Meanwhile Toro Roso will storm to 3rd in the constructors championship next season ahead of Red Bull due to Honda power and reliability.

Ricciardo has to start with a grid penalty. Probably 10 places.

And the weather forecast (for what's it worth): training / quali wet and race dry... Hopefully vice versa.

There goes another Renault engine for Hartley. 20 minutes into FP1.
As I said elsewhere, as the championships are all done and dusted, everyone should just take new bits at the same time for the last 2 races. If everyone has the same penalty, the grid will form up as it should do, and everyone's engine should last the race.

The world championship might be settled but second place is still up for grabs. Interlagos has brought some incredible drama to racing over the years, let's hope this one's no exception. Lots of drivers still have plenty to prove - either that they can make the podium or just remain relevant for 2018.

Here's a recap of the 2008 race in honour of retired un-retired soon-to-retire Felipe Massa, the 2017 race will definitely be his last Brasilian GP, and that's an almost certain fact.

Ah, yes. The infamous "Is that Glock?" race that stirred plenty of conspiracy theories on whether he intentionally slowed down on that final lap.

Nine years to finally see the onboard! Nine! I really thought it was going to be never.

Are they really going to start FP3 at 11 or are they going to wait 2 mins?
It's at 11 in Brazil. I don't know about how Brazil deals with armistace day, as to whether the minutes of silence are observed or not.

It's at 11 in Brazil. I don't know about how Brazil deals with armistace day, as to whether the minutes of silence are observed or not.

Their remembrance (little-r) days are in April and August. As they were only in WWI for roughly 3 weeks I doubt they make a big deal of the Armistice. Can't see them on this list of observers.

Yet another robbery in Brazil and I don’t mean Hamilton stealing title from Massa but some Mercedes team members held up at gun point

Back