Formula 1 Grand Premio Do Brasil 2017Formula 1 

@Jimlaad43 Do you have to post inane race commentary? I thought this was for discussion about race not just post for the sake of it saying what’s happening.

@Jimlaad43 Do you have to post inane race commentary? I thought this was for discussion about race not just post for the sake of it saying what’s happening.
Yes. I'm merely pointing out that a lack of comments in this thread shows that this hasn't been the most interesting of races. 16 minutes without a post is quite a record.

They should get Bernie to do it one day

They flew him to do this all the way in Brazil, I mean at Baku I understand...not here.

Also the comment to Bottas "many people dream of being between an Italian sandwich" like what the heck.

He also does the commentary for German television. I think, he used to do it, when German tv was all I had for F1. I hate him so much. He is so awful.

How did he get passed security? :lol:

If Mercedes could run this engine mode for the entire season they could drive this car in reverse and still win the championship, Christ it’s fast.

If Mercedes could run this engine mode for the entire season they could drive this car in reverse and still win the championship, Christ it’s fast.

No doubt a good visual representation of the pace of the front runners compared to the rest.

Definitely that was a good race. Not a parade borefest, but not a SUPER GREAT race either. Can't complain. Except maybe about how Hamilton managed to lead at one point. For some drivers, like Alsonso, I do wish they could pull that. But for others, I like to see them dethroned every once and a while.

In the back of my mind I was also expecting some blowouts; the tires were really getting shot, even on Hamilton's car. Not often you see big lines and chunks like that.

That drive was very reminiscent of Schuey in 2006, a car and driver both at the top of their game working flawlessly.

Kai Ebel for the interviews. :irked:
He's the best!

He also does the commentary for German television. I think, he used to do it, when German tv was all I had for F1. I hate him so much. He is so awful.
He never did commentary Heiko Wasser and Christian Danner, who provides really good race analysis and on the fly explanations for things like tire wear and such, are doing commentary since what seems forever, probably 20 years now?

Kai Ebel does interviews. And he's really good at it, due to his quirky ways he often gets drivers to say what they really mean and not just poor pr talks.

I can understand though, his humour is not for everyone.

I still remember the last one that made me laugh when he called Verstappen a "cheese platter" and Verstappen didn't know what to say except, "Cheese is good...!" :lol:

Not in English. "Everyone dreams of being in an Italian sandwich" he said last week, it's as ridiculous as it is awkward to watch. He's like Eddie Jordan without the interview talent - imagine that.

Even though the literal translation is weird, I knew he meant "Everyone dreams of splitting up the Ferraris, because this is 2004 when they were soooo goood"

EDIT:

Something very interesting happened with Raikkonen when he took the third step of the podium this weekend:

Last edited:
So between the constant security risks, the only Brazilian driver in the grid retiring after this year, and Interlagos itself being up for sale (with Bernie being one of the bidders, it seems), is it too early to presume the Brazilian GP's days are numbered?

EDIT:

Something very interesting happened with Raikkonen when he took the third step of the podium this weekend:

Can you just say what it was? That 3-minute video lost my interest in about 15 seconds, that's three or four times longer than it would take to just read an explanatory sentence.

Back