Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 141 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Following the second race cancellation of the season, Formula 1 hopes to get back on track with the jewel in its crown. The streets of Monte Carlo host the annual event which sees one of the most precise and glory vs disaster qualifying sessions of the season. The streets have hosted some of the most iconic moments in the sport's history and is one of the best moments in a driver's career if they get to immortalise themselves as the winner. The debate over whether the cars have outgrown the circuit still rages on - especially as Formula E is showing itself to be the masters of epic racing around this circuit - but that won't make F1 leave what is one of the most watched sporting events of the year. FOM finally have the rights to be in charge of the broadcast this year, so hopefully we won't be Lance Strolled again. Buckle up and don't clip the inside wall of the Swimming Pool chicane as we gear up for the MONACO GRAND PRIX!
1684861747773.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
3.337km

Race Distance
260.286 km

Lap Record
1:12.909 Lewis Hamilton (2021)​

Apparently Honda is about to announce a 2026 deal with Aston Martin.

There is also a lot of speculation about Hamilton going to Ferrari. It seems kind of serious this time though.

Last edited:
There is also a lot of speculation about Hamilton going to Ferrari. It seems kind of serious this time though.
Pretty sure that's more of F1 "Journalists" hard-pushing silly rumors. IIRC the same rumors ran around the last time Hamilton's contract was up for renewal. Even with Mercs current issues, when considering how much he's helped built up Mercedes, and how hard Mercedes has built themselves around Hamilton, I could not possibly imagine him going to Ferrari (or any other team besides maybeeee Red Bull).

In other news, McLaren has revealed a new livery that they'll be running for Monaco and Spain:

I can’t see Lewis heading to Ferrari. He’s seeing better than anyone how they’re doing & it’s not exactly leagues ahead of where he & Mercedes are at. As of this moment, he’s ahead of both Scuderia boys in the standings.

Last edited:
I can’t see Lewis heading to Ferrari. He’s seeing better than anyone how they’re doing & it’s not exactly leagues ahead of where he & Mercedes are at. As of this moment, he’s ahead of both Scuderia boys in the standings.
Not to mention Ferrari has been pinning Leclerc as their long term investment, and Hamilton certainly wouldn't go there or to any other team to take the number two spot. Bringing in Lewis and having him take over as the lead driver would be basically saying their efforts over the last few years have been wasted, and we all know Ferrari wouldn't ever admit that.

Last edited:
It is also worth pointing out that in a break from tradition, FP1 & 2 will be on Friday, not Thursday as it usually is in Monaco.

It would seem that the weather will be another factor this weekend again with rain expected both Saturday and Sunday.

Here I was waiting for the day Aston Martin finally produces their engines.

But nope, Aston Martin Honda. What next, Scuderia Ferrari Mercedes?

Stupid decision as the Aston road cars also use Mercedes engines.
Being a works team in 2026 is definitely not a stupid decision. Maybe the road car division will start taking engines and ev tech from Honda.

Considering Honda can produce powerful platforms (looking at you 2022 NSX TypeS), its not completely farfetched to think that they could manufacture good engines for the Aston Martin road cars as well.

Under Lawrence's "grandiose" plan, Aston might seriously be solid title contender in the future. I'm actually very interested to see how it all goes.

In Baku, the FIA told the drivers it would look closely at any accidents that could occur in qualifying at Monaco. In previous years there have been track departures that have raised doubts about their intention to force yellow or red flags that condition the result.

Perez caught their attention last year I guess, it was a strange one though tbf. I suspect this is why Max didn't let him by in Brazil.

Last edited:
Lewis has brushed aside any talks of going to Ferrari today. Instead, he said his contract with Mercedes is close to being ready to be signed.

To no one’s real surprise. Lewis was always going to retire under Mercedes.

Lewis has brushed aside any talks of going to Ferrari today. Instead, he said his contract with Mercedes is close to being ready to be signed.

To no one’s real surprise. Lewis was always going to retire under Mercedes.

Ferrari was probably only ever just a bargaining chip for a contract. Going there would still have been incredibly stupid. They just don’t have the culture to win a title in modern F1.

I think it would have been a mistake on Ferrari's part to try and get Lewis. IMO it makes more sense to build the team around the younger generation especially when they've shown that they can fight for wins instead of shifting everything for someone who's probably going to retire in the next couple of years.

Lewis puts it on the wall as he went fastest of all in the first sector.... Ferrari seem to have faded a bit and red bull is right up there....Alonso is still an unknown as he didn't get a chance to put on a clean lap during FP3....Qualy could be interesting if we are to believe Alonso and possibly the Ferrari who thinks they can end the red bull dominance so far this season.

Last edited:
Back