Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 141 comments
Yeah, that last sector was
Spot On Channel 9 GIF by The Block

Monaco qualifying is unmatched and the best part of the weekend. The cars are too big for exciting races here, but it takes insane skill from the best drivers in the world.

Great battle for pole.
The racepace of the RedBull is amazing, but the pole lap seems to be less of a quality of the deaign, this would have been the track where I thought Fernando or Charles would take P1.

Squeezing everything out of the RedBull, touching walls and a pole is quite the achievement.

Let’s see for tomorrow. Fernando can start like a raging bull.

When qualifying is so much more exciting than the actual race, they should honestly consider making this track a full on time attack event! That said, I can't wait to see what Alonso can do here from P2. Can they really put a stop on the red bull winning streak!

Last edited:
Great session, that's why Monaco is still relevant. And also why my idea of it being a time attack event holds up.

Gutted Alonso couldn't get pole, but can't really complain too much up against that S3 from Verstappen. Extraordinary.

How many ladders has he walked under?

rsh
Let’s see for tomorrow. Fernando can start like a raging bull.
If he can get a slightly better start than Max, I believe he can get the preferred line into St. Devote. Isn't starting position #2 on the right side of the track? Should be very interesting.

Back