Formula 1 Grande Premio Heineken do Brasil 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 227 comments
Few interesting things of note:

Raikkonen, Bottas and Verstappen's points hauls are now closer to Vettel's than Vettel's is to Hamilton's.
Incredible capitulation from Vettel over the past few months. He's got a lot of soul searching to do over the winter. This season could put a huge dent in his confidence. If Leclerc is smart he will attack early on next season and really try and unsettle him.

Ocon was in the wrong on track.

Verstappen was in the wrong off track.

Petulance all round.

Edit: for the youngsters amongst you, this was the Verstappen/Montoya incident from 2001. Montoya's leading his 3rd ever GP, with a 30 second lead, in the closest location the Columbian has to a home race. Compare and contrast the reactions with today...

Last edited:
Max Esteban.jpg

"Max can I have your autograph please"

----

Right after the race Ocon collected his brand new car donated by Toto and picked up one of his boyfriends immediately. :D

Last edited:
I want to say so many bad things.... but i wont!

Great race ,showing who can overtake and who cant.... i will not say any names,but you know who i am talking about!

Congrats to Mercedes on the constructors championship,well deserved!! :cheers:

OK,just a little punt then... Ocon, you 🤬!!!

:mad:

Spy.

What does that penalty mean? Does he have to clean the FIA offices and bring them coffee? ^^ I honestly don't know.
I imagine it'll be something a little more entertaining than that. Probably attend an FIA event to introduce kids to motorsport or something similar.

What does public service involve exactly?
Most likely a couple unpaid public appearances, whenever he can be bothered in the next 6 months, where he probably reads some FIA-approved script about how what he did wasn't nice and violence is bad, mmmkay?

So in other words, nothing even remotely resembling an actual punishment.

Community service? :odd:

I know the FIA can be quite sporadic with their penalties, but that's a new one.
Not as new as you may think. Vettel got one day of community service for hitting Hamilton (on-track) at Baku in 2017 - and Schumacher got seven days for hitting Villeneuve (also on-track) at Jerez in 1997.

^^ as said, having to do this kind of communitiy service, is only for champions, well future then anyway ;)

Not as new as you may think. Vettel got one day of community service for hitting Hamilton (on-track) at Baku in 2017 - and Schumacher got seven days for hitting Villeneuve (also on-track) at Jerez in 1997.

Apparently Vettel did a video conference on safety for kids or something

Vettel got one day of community service for hitting Hamilton (on-track) at Baku in 2017

The 10-second penalty I recall, but the community part must of passed me by.

Schumacher got seven days for hitting Villeneuve (also on-track) at Jerez in 1997.

I know he got disqualified from the championship, but now that you mention it, I vaguely remember seeing something about him being part of a safety campaign the following season.

Back