Formula 1 Grande Premio Heineken do Brasil 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 227 comments
I'm not saying it's right, but there's a fire in Max like I haven't seen in F1 since the likes of Senna, and more lately Schumacher.

He will be the one to watch.

And from a personal point of view, yeah, he should have been somewhat more mature after the race, but all the greats have done something similar - not that I'm excusing him.

He wasn't in the process of being lapped. Verstappen lapped him while Ocon was in pitlane. Ocon wasn't defending, but attacking. He indeed has the right to unlap if faster.

Ocon's race director said he was ~0.5sec faster than Max at that point.

But Max would have DRS behind him, which means Ocon would be interfering with the race leader while being a lap down.

Also Ocon didn't have another backmarker around so he wasn't in danger of losing a place and I doubt he would get to the 13th position without Max being held by him (by being within 1sec of his gearbox).

He wasn't in the process of being lapped. Verstappen lapped him while Ocon was in pitlane. Ocon wasn't defending, but attacking. He indeed has the right to unlap if faster.

I understand you feel the need to back up your fellow countryman, but you cannot possibly defend his action.

Having a right to something does not justify an action. He was driving a different race, and should not have interfered with Max' race. End.

Ocon was clearly in the wrong on track and I'm all for drivers showing actually showing some emotion. But there's ways to do it without geting physical with someone.

Yeah, McLaren want to ruin another young drivers career while they remember how to make a car again :lol:

Give a crap car to a great driver then they'll be noticed, but give a great car to a crap driver and they'll be noticed even m....

Ok, you've got a point.

Max and Ocon summoned to the stewards for the incident after the race.

Edit, also, what was Sainz move on Hulkenberg all about?
Lap 1 or something close to that he takes a swipe at him on the run up to the final corner

I understand you feel the need to back up your fellow countryman, but you cannot possibly defend his action.

Having a right to something does not justify an action. He was driving a different race, and should not have interfered with Max' race. End.
You should watch the post race interview with Ocon with Ziggo Sport. He still thinks he did nothing wrong and it was Max to blame.

I already wrote that Ocon was to blame, and as i said earlier, i was correcting a false, factual claim. Truth is what i feel the need to back up...

qX4A9YX.png

Trust me, if it was Lewis doing that to Max, rather than Max doing it to Ocon, you'd be sat here trying to get Lewis Hung, Drawn and Quartered. Double standards...

Trust me, [inserts imaginary situation to support own argument].

Solid. đź‘Ť

There shouldnt be any punishment for the altercation. I read allegations of Max almost punching Ocon, only to be intervened by FIA officials. But after watching the footage it was clearly an exaggeration.

There shouldnt be any punishment for the altercation. I read allegations of Max almost punching Ocon, only to be intervened by FIA officials. But after watching the footage it was clearly an exaggeration.
Be interesting to see what rule he would have broken if they do penalise him in any way

Apparently Marko has said he thinks Ocon did it on purpose to please Mercedes. What an odious little man he is.

You should watch the post race interview with Ocon with Ziggo Sport. He still thinks he did nothing wrong and it was Max to blame.

Ocon said that it was unprofessional of Max.

Funny, comming from someone with no profession in F1 next year.

Apparently Marko has said he thinks Ocon did it on purpose to please Mercedes. What an odious little man he is.

I find that difficult to believe at this level of the sport, especially given that such a manoeuvre would most certainly significantly displease Mercedes.

Personally I put this down to over enthusiastic racing, rather than any divisive intent.

I find that difficult to believe at this level of the sport, especially given that such a manoeuvre would most certainly significantly displease Mercedes.

Personally I put this down to over enthusiastic racing, rather than any divisive intent.
Just Marko being Marko. He was exactly the same with Vettel. I prefer someone like Lauda who just says it as it is even if that means criticising his own.

Few interesting things of note:

Raikkonen, Bottas and Verstappen's points hauls are now closer to Vettel's than Vettel's is to Hamilton's.

Huelkenberg has basically won the Formula 1.5 title now, unless Perez makes 4th at Abu Dhabi, or if Sainz somehow wins the race.

If every driver starts in Abu Dhabi, this will be the first season in history to have exactly the same drivers from start to finish.

Back