Formula 1 Großer Preis Santander Von Deutschland 2012

• Thread starter ghskilla
  • 620 comments
Taiwan
Taipei
GTP_ghskilla
German Grand Prix

Welcome to the Formula 1 2012 German Grand Prix thread. This year Formula 1 will race in the Hockenheimring in Hockenheim, Germany.

Map of the Hockenheimring

hockenheimring-map.png

Laps: 67
Circuit Length: 4.574km
Race Distance: 306.458km

Practice 1: Fri 10:00*
Practice 2: Fri 14:00*
Practice 3: Sat 11:00*
Qualifying: Sat 14:00*
Race : Sun 14:00*

*Times are at Local time in Hockenheim, Germany.

Lap Record

1:13.780 - Kimi Raikkonen | McLaren (2004)

Let's take a lap on this German circuit with German driver, Michael Schumacher. No commentary, just engine.

2010 Results

1. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
2. Felipe Massa - Ferrari
3. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Racing

====================
====================
====================

Current Drivers' Championship Standings (Top 10 Only)

Driver | Points | Team

1. Fernando Alonso | 129 | Ferrari
2. Mark Webber | 116 | Red Bull Racing-Renault
3. Sebastian Vettel | 100 | Red Bull Racing-Renault
4. Lewis Hamilton | 92 | McLaren-Mercedes
5. Kimi Raikkonen | 83 | Lotus-Renault
6. Nico Rosberg | 75 | Mercedes
7. Romain Grosjean | 61 | Lotus-Renault
8. Jenson Button | 50 | McLaren-Mercedes
9. Sergio Perez | 39 | Sauber-Ferrari
10. Pastor Maldonado | 29 | Williams-Renault

Current Constructors' Championship Standings (Top 10 Only)

Constructor | Points

1. Red Bull Racing-Renault | 216
2. Ferrari | 152
3. Lotus-Renault | 144
4. McLaren-Mercedes | 142
5. Mercedes | 98
6. Sauber-Ferrari | 60
7. Williams-Renault | 47
8. Force India-Mercedes | 44
9. STR-Ferrari | 6
10. Caterham-Renault | 0

====================
====================
====================

Discussion
  • Will Red Bull maintain their strong form?
  • Can McLaren bring back their pace and catch up to Lotus/Red Bull/Ferrari?
  • What about Mercedes, who in their home grand prix, will look for a good result?
  • Can Michael Schumacher win his home grand prix? Or Vettel? Maybe even Nico Rosberg?
  • Can Maldonado end this streak of collisions, or will he have another one this weekend?
  • Is Felipe Massa back on form?

(I'm not good at discussion questions, please forgive me.)

Weather according to Formula1.com
Friday - Mostly Cloudy - 21/12 (degrees Celsius)
Saturday - Mostly Cloudy - 22/12 (degrees Celsius)
Sunday - Mostly Cloudy - 21/12 (degrees Celsius)

Discuss.

====================
====================
====================

Last edited:
Yay Hockenheim. I prefer this to the Nurburgring and the old Hockenheim. The new one is better.

I like the layout of Hockenheim. Hope Mclaren can sort out their problems and re-discover the pace the had in the first part of the season.

I like it, too. I think the old Hockenheim was over-rated. It was mostly decided by whoever had the most powerful engine.

That's right, and now the season is mostly decided by who can build the best car for Tilke-dromes.
new5_muttley.gif

Joking aside, ( :sly: :lol:) I really like both the old and new tracks. Both layouts were/are far better than Nurb GP ever was IMO. The old one had it's own little charm in that it had an awesome run into the forest, and was very hard to judge the braking points for the chicanes. The chicanes were fairly tricky to go through fast, too.

I think it was good that there was a few fast tracks on the calendar to balance out the slow and technical ones, but that's just me of course.

That said, the new circuit isn't really all that bad. I think most of the resentment from fans of the old circuit, comes from the fact it wasn't maintained for other racing categories to use. It was just left to rot basically.

I reckon we might have done this discussion before though. :sly:

I reckon we might have done this discussion before though. :sly:

About once a year... Although it did get dragged up in a "destroyed" race tracks thread a while back. I preferred the old one but I am amazed it lasted as long as it did. It was one of my favourite tracks. Flat out through the forest at speeds of upto 220 mph. Those were the days.

I don't mind the new track, but I must take issue with what happened with the old track. It wasn't "left to rot", it was needlessly destroyed.

I know it was already mentionned in the other thread but I'll say it again, Grosjean have a 5 place penalty for a gearbox change.

I prefered the old hockenheim, it was a speed tracks like silverstone was, and I quite like the fact that is was quite different then the rest of the pack, now it's just another track with straight and turn. I think it's quite sad that everything is so formated now.

I hope for a Mclaren win or Alonso if Mclaren cant sort their tyres problems. Since I'm following Alonso on twitter I begin to start ot like him. His skills behind the wheels were always obvious for me but I didnt like his arrogance when he was young, seems like he's more mature now tho.

About once a year... Although it did get dragged up in a "destroyed" race tracks thread a while back. I preferred the old one but I am amazed it lasted as long as it did. It was one of my favourite tracks. Flat out through the forest at speeds of upto 220 mph. Those were the days.

I don't mind the new track, but I must take issue with what happened with the old track. It wasn't "left to rot", it was needlessly destroyed.

Indeed. :(

I prefered the old hockenheim, it was a speed tracks like silverstone was, and I quite like the fact that is was quite different then the rest of the pack, now it's just another track with straight and turn. I think it's quite sad that everything is so formated now.

I hope for a Mclaren win or Alonso if Mclaren cant sort their tyres problems. Since I'm following Alonso on twitter I begin to start ot like him. His skills behind the wheels were always obvious for me but I didnt like his arrogance when he was young, seems like he's more mature now tho.

Annnnnddd, this. 👍

That's right, and now the season is mostly decided by who can build the best car for Tilke-dromes.

Yeah, This is a good Tilke-drme. he makes good circuits whe he is told to do a redesign eg Hockenheim, Fuji and the A1-Ring.
Its his new circuits that suck a bit.

McLaren win is unlikely (yet another season resigned to "how close can we get to top teams" for me already) so I'm backing Red Bull from here on. I cannot stand Ferrari, and I cannot stand Alonso.

My money is on a Red Bull sweep but I wonder what Lotus will have added to the car this weekend, hopefully a win will go their way this year.

I get the feeling I'm the only one who prefers Nurburgring GP/F. It's my favourite track, although that may be biased due to the amount I've played on GT5.

As always I want a Hamilton or button win. I think if mclaren sort their problems out Hamilton has a real chance, button however I just wish he would get his form back. He's a great driver and I'd hate to see him slump and end up being replaced, especially after such a promising start to the season. If mclaren can't win I'd settle for either of the lotus' or maybe a little team, sauber etc.

That means they'll play set-up roulette. On Sunday, we'll see who guessed right about the suspension and downforce settings.

I get the feeling I'm the only one who prefers Nurburgring GP/F. It's my favourite track, although that may be biased due to the amount I've played on GT5.

I prefer the Nurburgring. But:
Old Hockenheim > Nurburgring GP > New Hockenheim.

Today's Hockenheim is still an interesting and technical track but its not really got much character. It always feels like there just isn't enough space for the track action to build up. Anytime an overtaking battle gets going it seems to fizzle out fairly quickly due to the corner combinations - usually the stadium section.
I actually like the stadium section as its quite fun, bumpy and cambered (in the right way). But for actual racing it kills the track. At least with the old Hockenheim you had the long straights for the overtaking and then the stadium section nicely finished it off. Now its just a quick burst and back to the stadium.

As always I want a Hamilton or button win. I think if mclaren sort their problems out Hamilton has a real chance, button however I just wish he would get his form back. He's a great driver and I'd hate to see him slump and end up being replaced, especially after such a promising start to the season. If mclaren can't win I'd settle for either of the lotus' or maybe a little team, sauber etc.

Schumy does too.

While braking and stability will be crucial like it always is in Hockenheim, this year it should be a bit more entertaining because of the new tires (fast corners = fast degradation). Also Maldonado will find it hard to crash someone.

I wonder who Fernando will be faster than this weekend. :dopey: Anyway, i think this is the last race before the summer break, so Im gonna savour it.

The hungarian gp next weekend is the last race before the summer break and not this one..

Schumy does too.

While braking and stability will be crucial like it always is in Hockenheim, this year it should be a bit more entertaining because of the new tires (fast corners = fast degradation). Also Maldonado will find it easy to crash someone.

Fixed.

Glad the German and Hungarian grand prix are back to back weekends, love it.

It's not really the same to do the predictions when Alonso actually have a clear chance of winning.

It's not really the same to do the predictions when Alonso actually have a clear chance of winning.

Seems pretty clear to me that Vettel is going to walk away with his home GP. Or Schumacher. ;)

I agree. SV wins and Alonso doesn't make it to the podium, or even retires.

This season's been just like cars2 (yep, saw it the other day)

And I still hope Schumacher and Rosberg finish a 1-2 with Nico Hulkenberg in 3rd. An all German podium, something the fans will like there.

Back