Formula 1 Grosser Preis von Osterreich 2017Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 255 comments
The lights going out can be seen as a green light can it not?

But if he took off the start box 0.01 seconds after the lights go out, is that "Too Quick"?

The FIA seem to focus on some stupid regulations, rather than focus on harsh penalties for dangerous driving.

They did give Kyvat a full drive through.

-

They're taking their sweet time on it. Most likely they won't penalize Bottas.

Track limits are optional again, I see.

Edit.

Raikönnen's front left tyre has a serious stripe on it.

The lights going out can be seen as a green light can it not?
You misunderstand.

There doesn't seem to be any reaction time regulation in F1. It doesn't matter how soon after the red lights went out that the car starts moving, it's not a jump start so long as it is after the red lights go out.

Don't the lights have a slight delay since they go out until they emit 0 fotons? I don't know the technicalities of this lamps/LEDs but it's normal (I guess) for them to have a slight delay. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They did give Kyvat a full drive through.

-

They're taking their sweet time on it. Most likely they won't penalize Bottas.

Was referring to Vettel last race.

Smash into another car, does not get a disqualify/black flag.

I could also mention the yoyo method of punishing "Track Limits"

What? If he had moved before the lights went out he would have gotten a penalty already. That would be easy to spot.

His wheels were definitely moving before they went out, I might be able to prove it later, no idea if that's enough for a penalty, I assume it would be.

Edit: No further action? Weird.

Stewards clear Bottas.

Lewis has yet to clear Kimi.

Procession time.

Bathroom break if you need it.

His wheels were definitely moving before they went out, I might be able to prove it later, no idea if that's enough for a penalty, I assume it would be.

Edit: No further action? Weird.

Think he has to leave his grid box so creeping forward if not fully in it should be safe.

Was referring to Vettel last race.

Smash into another car, does not get a disqualify/black flag.

I could also mention the yoyo method of punishing "Track Limits"

Ah, yes. That really deserved more than just a ten second penalty.

Wait, F1 cars have hydraulic power steering?

Power steering becomes quite useless at higher speeds even with the large tires.

Power steering becomes quite useless at higher speeds even with the large tires.

I don't think so. It just gets applied less the faster a car drives otherwise driving would get real twitchy at higher speeds. At least that's how it is in my car and I suppose it's similar for F1 cars.

I believe they've had it since the mid 90's in one form or another. Electric power steering was tried before as well before being banned.

I believe they've had it since the mid 90's in one form or another. Electric power steering was tried before as well before being banned.

Was wondering why dont they use an EPS based system.

Everything is going electric.

Drive by wire
Brake by wire.
Why not steer by wire?

Back