Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 327 comments
So how much higher is the attendence going to be compared to any other events in say, the last 20 years? I'm just hoping that they don't cut any corners on safety or security, we don't want to be seeing a bunch of Max fans on the track or anything generally unsafe for spectators.

My friend Harvey tells me to expect 140 mph average lap speeds. Is this realistic? If so, I expect that implies accidents - if any - could be big ones.

My friend Harvey tells me to expect 140 mph average lap speeds. Is this realistic? If so, I expect that implies accidents - if any - could be big ones.
That's approaching the average speeds at Monza so I'm gonna say no...

Simulated lap times are around 1:18, at 2.64miles that would be an average speed of about 122mph. Even if they get down to 1:15s that would still be "only" 127mph.

I'm really excited for this race. The track has a lot of character and the atmosphere will be crazy no matter what happens.

Lewis figured out how to deal with the Dutch crowd: With camouflage
RDT_20210902_1256166609452096082648171.png

Simulated lap times are around 1:18, at 2.64miles that would be an average speed of about 122mph. Even if they get down to 1:15s that would still be "only" 127mph.
That's slower than I expected. Was envisioning laps down in the 1:10-1:13 area.

Lewis figured out how to deal with the Dutch crowd: With camouflage
View attachment 1077847
Looks like he's wearing Donald Trump's skin after his last shedding. Or possibly his beige prison uniform after he's been in the dock for a couple of weeks sweating like... well, a nonce in the dock.

For everyone going to or watching on TV/laptop the Dutch GP. Enjoy!! Hopefully one big party weekend with battles, rivalry (on track only), cheering and 'some' drinking. It's finally happening in Zandvoort.

Took ridiculously long to call that red flag. Slow speed corner but both Seb and the Marshalls were on the circuit, and considering the car was dropping fluid on the track, it should’ve been red flagged instantly.

The 1:12.779 that currently tops the FP1 leaderboard is an average of 210.67kph (130.9mph), which is 1kph quicker than the Hungaroring, and only a fraction faster than Max's pole lap at a wet Spa.
Silverstone averages 246kph and Monza around 264kph for reference

Seb has to drive the car, check on the other drivers, clean up the track, and now extinguish the car. Man of many talents.

Indeed also good 'practice' for the marshalls. They're absolutely doing their best within their instructions/rules. Seem they only have foam extinguishers on track? Will probably change over the weekend

Predicted pole time 1:09.xxx

Does Seb also do the catering for the spectators? We're thirsty

Last edited:
Oh my, if it's taking this long to get the car picked up and off the track right outside the pit, how long would it take them on those corners where they said they have to use cranes.

What's happening now shows how valuable it would be to have a dedicated marshall team for F1.
This looks like they have no idea what they're doing
Dedicated marshals (1 L) are not needed, mainly because it would anger literally every marshal in countries F1 visits.

(I haven't seen what's happening, just reading text commentary)
At F1 events the marshals aren't allowed trackside until Race Control gives us permission. It leads to a lot of standing near a car and looking like lemons while we wait for someone else to decide that it's safe to go out. In situations of a fast response being needed, such as a fire, standing there waiting for someone else to say go is not ideal at all. Marshals at circuits and countries with regular club events are usually vetted beforehand to make sure they have the experience needed, so know enough about what they're doing to be able to judge the safety of a situation. Parked safely on the pit exit on the inside of a hairpin is fine and that fire would be out before Vettel had jumped out almost at a regular club event.

Last edited:
Incompetence of marshalls is what killed Roger Williamson at this track many years ago.
Sad to see that it seems like nothing really changed in all that time

Well, if nobody's allowed to take their car anywhere near Zandvoort, obviously there won't be traffic jams there.

Question is, can people actually get there on time?
The roads to Haarlem etc aren't busy either. Even Zandvoort itself doesn't feel crowded at all.

Last edited:
The roads to Haarlem etc aren't busy either. Even Zandvoort itself doesn't feel crowded at all.
Was it only crazy in the morning then? Someone shared this photo on Reddit saying it's the road from the train station to the track.

Edit* Oh lord, did anyone catch the photo David Coulthard uploaded today? Cheeky bugger.

Last edited:
Back