Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio De São Paulo 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 341 comments
Not that he was going to say anything else, obviously, but PER has officially denied the rumour for the firs time.

"It's not like it was done on purpose, everyone makes mistakes in Monaco," he responded when asked by RacingNews365.com if he had done exactly that.

"You have all the information and you can go and see it already.

"I nearly crashed already into Turn 1, so everyone makes mistakes in Monaco, or in general places in qualifying."

There had been speculation that Perez had admitted to bosses Christian Horner and Helmut Marko that he had actually crashed deliberately, but Perez was keen to paint such claims as 'rumours'.

"That's just speculation from the media out there, and just people creating rumours," he said.

"As I said, we are all aware of what's going on within the team, and we want to keep everything within the team.

"I am chasing the laptime, you can review the whole lap, and I am just giving it everything as it is the last run in Q3.

"People just make mistakes when you're really chasing the laptime."

Interestingly BBC are outright stating that it is true.

A number of sources have told BBC Sport that Red Bull investigated the incident after the race and that Perez admitted he had crashed on purpose.
Benson might be a tool at times with his writing but the BBC rarely report things from "sources" that turn out wrong. They're not your typical gossip rag.

He signed for two more years after admitting to deliberately crashing to hinder his team-mate?

Checks out...

Maybe have a word with Verstappen's mum then, eh?
Haha 100%
Not that he was going to say anything else, obviously, but PER has officially denied the rumour for the firs time.
This has to be a massive smokescreen pile of BS, there's no way that he crashed deliberately and Helmet Marko didn't have him demoted to Alpha Tauri and replaced with Yuki or Pierre... The team would have had an inquisition there would be leaks and it would have been a massive soap opera in the Fl media... I can't remember that happening.

The FIA president recently made some statement on abuse and toxic behavior and as a result of this drama RedBull release and official statement has clear lies in contradiction is either weak lip service to the FIA or figuratively rubbing their nose in the issue. It is disrespectful to all their rival, media and all fans of any inclination.

Furthermore, Max's 'zero remorse' statement is such terrible sportsmanship and in my opinion is typical for a role model of toxic behavior - this normalizes his complete self importance and justifies his fans to have a singular point of view and simultaneously fuels anger with and Hamilton fans, while neutral fans can be divided if they agree or not with him trivializing the penalty in exchange for ruining a rivals chance at a win.

I think the FIA should repremand RedBull and Max for these statements on the onus that they must take action against the toxicity in the sport.

Back