Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio De São Paulo 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 341 comments
At least they haven't gone to NASCAR levels by throwing a caution the moment a big-name driver touches the wall.

At least they haven't gone to NASCAR levels by throwing a caution the moment a big-name driver touches the wall.
No but they delay the obvious SC because it'll look more dramatic on Survive The Dross.

10 seconds of silence over anxious pit crews watching the VSC on telly before the safety car is deployed. Dramatic!

Bahrain
Silverstone
Austin
Interlagos

The best circuits for wheel-to-wheel racing in F1. Do not even dare think about removing ANY of these from the calendar.
And bring back Portimao.
FIA to announce more monaco, as its narrowness means no overtakes which means no risk to drivers.

This from a guy who accused Lewis of trying to murder him at Silverstone last year...
View attachment 1208159
Then again, people still fawn over Senna for deliberately crashing, so it's not unexpected to see this kind of action.
I don't understand this logic. If you know that your opposition won't leave room, why would you then put your nose in and cause unnecessary damage? I understand the need to be aggressive and pressure your opposition but some restraint is needed in the name of self-preservation. That's what Verstappen doesn't get.

Last edited:
poor Max must be confused - last year he could just run the merc off the track without any penalty... this year he must be like what gives?

He absolutely smashed Lewis off the track, he was clearly behind and had such a bad angle / speed entering the corner I was kind of flabbergasted that Brundle's comments were that Lewis should have left him more room.

I don't understand this logic. If you know that your opposition won't leave room, why would you then put your nose in and cause unnecessary damage?
He literally admitted why, he didn't care because he'd already won the title and knew it'd probably lose HAM chance of the win.

Actions will speak louder, imo. Easy for Max say, "Yeah I will help him out next race" after this **** storm that's still swirling.
Perez and Leclerc are tied on points, so either way Perez has to finish in front. Not much help now.

Ok I always thought Jos was the one who ****ed up Max but it seems the other half isn't better.

Last edited by a moderator:
This from a guy who accused Lewis of trying to murder him at Silverstone last year...
View attachment 1208159
Then again, people still fawn over Senna for deliberately crashing, so it's not unexpected to see this kind of action.
This is disgusting total dirtbag behaviour - worst sportsmanship in F1 in a long long time. I don't ever remember any other driver trivializing deliberately ruining a rivals chance to win a race. It makes me angry, disappointed and sad about the state of the sport.

Sadly all I can see being a consequence of this being is Sergio being forced out of the team. They're not exactly going to kick Max out.
Yeh, that was likely a matter of time thing as RBR for a lone time seems to have a toxic environment for a 2nd driver. It does seem like some weird crazy drama that is not needed. Maybe getting in for DTS. I thought for much of the year Perez pace and relationship with the team looked pretty solid like they could have been looking to try to set him up for a Webber style stint - but maybe there's more cracks in the relationship behind closed doors already.

Yes. Very Interesting F1 news. Reputable source also.
It's related to the weekends race/issues, ots a reputable enough source and her comment was posted to Instagram so there's plenty of evidence to prove it's true.

Sadly all I can see being a consequence of this being is Sergio being forced out of the team. They're not exactly going to kick Max out.
Which puts them in a dilemma with basically none of their many junior drivers yet ready to drive for them, not that driver academy loyalty means much anymore.

Checo is in an interesting position for next year: play the good boy role and hope for a contract extension, or race for himself and have to find a new team for ‘24.

I feel like part of the reason they picked up Devries is for insurance. Their junior program seems to have dried up. And they don’t seem to care for Yuki.

I don’t think Checo has much to lose at this point. I’m sure he can find another team

Checo is in an interesting position for next year: play the good boy role and hope for a contract extension, or race for himself and have to find a new team for ‘24.

I feel like part of the reason they picked up Devries is for insurance. Their junior program seems to have dried up. And they don’t seem to care for Yuki.

I don’t think Checo has much to lose at this point. I’m sure he can find another team
I don't think he can afford to just play the good boy role. If it is within his capabilities, I think he should try his hardest to beat Max and in doing so maybe show the other teams that he's capable of being the #1 driver in a team....otherwise, he won't find a seat as the teams will likely go for younger drivers with potentials that they can groom along side their already established driver.

With the amount this fire keeps growing into an unstoppable blaze I'm starting to wonder just how much of the internal mess at RB we still don't know about, despite most people already seeing enough to consider it obscenely toxic.

Or are the RB fire systems filled with accelerant instead of retardant because "burn baby burn"

Although I can't think of any other team that has ruined so many relationships amd created so much drama in this many years. Every team has a peak, but RB seems to be riding that wave of destruction for 13 years now.

Last edited:

Didn't he get a 2-year extension after Monaco?

Whoops, I thought he was only signed until the end of next year. Makes things that much worse if those two are together for another 2 years. But I'm all for the drama lol

Yes, 23+24 was signed after Monaco.
He signed for two more years after admitting to deliberately crashing to hinder his team-mate?

Checks out...

Red Bull
The abusive online behaviour towards Max, Checo, the Team and their respective families is shocking and saddening
Maybe have a word with Verstappen's mum then, eh?

Last edited:
Back