Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 206 comments
Vettel lucky he gave himself a bit of space on the line so he could do that little jump without making the sensor going off.

Vettel no penalty. He stopped right before he triggered the sensor.

But Ferrari on the back foot here. Merc has much better race pace.

Ver-Lec after the race.

In other words, the stewards don't want to touch it. Ugh.

High deg is making the race very mixed.

The rain on Saturday has to be the reason why the wear is soo high today.

Last edited:
Max for Dutch TV: "it was a false start of Vettel but because he did not had any advantage of that the stewards decided not to penalize the action".

Obviously he also showed his disappointed about the move of Charles into Max and he does not understand why it will be reviewed after the race. That's something new. All clear faults would and should be judged during the race. I think Max has a point

Edit:
EGvLQdhWsAEXryV.png

Last edited:
Now LeClerc will get a penalty?!

I expect so, not much excuse for that kind of crash. I'm not sure if the investigation will include Leclerc's failure to pit when told to do so, we could have easily been looking at a fatal accident for the Mercedes. Pretty horrific stuff.

EDIT: Mercedes have to stop doing the "overcut", it never works.

I expect so, not much excuse for that kind of crash. I'm not sure if the investigation will include Leclerc's failure to pit when told to do so, we could have easily been looking at a fatal accident for the Mercedes. Pretty horrific stuff.

EDIT: Mercedes have to stop doing the "overcut", it never works.
That's what I was thinking. The endplate hit Hamiltons mirror, a few centimetres to the left, and it would have hit his head, right under the halo. It was really dangerous to continue driving with that.

That being said, I don't think he will be penalised for that, as he didn't get the meatball.

You believe them?
Yes I do

I don’t understand boxing Lewis. They could have just swapped Lewis and Bottas on track if needed, but now he needs to pass a very slippery Ferrari...

Back