Formula 1 Johnnie Walker Belgian Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 187 comments
Well, Albon's Belgian GP probably became a lot more interesting.

Max's steering rack was completely unresponsive. Talk about scary. But there was no way he was gonna clear the gap between the wall and Kimi's Alfa.

Yeah, Max was over-ambitious there. Coming from behind and trying to squeeze in does not work.

Well, Albon's Belgian GP probably became a lot more interesting.

Max's steering rack was completely unresponsive. Talk about scary.

You could see that it wasn't working that well, but he kept on driving.

Scary crash for Max, without steering into Eau Rouge.

Again very short GP for Max in Belgium.

You could see the left front broke immediately after the hit with Kimi

Yeah, I amended my post a bit. No way he was gonna clear that gap unscathed.

Carlos' anti-stall also seems to be giving him issues. He's on the side of the road, safety car's out.

I think it is more 50/50 between Max and Kimi. Max was a bit ambitious, Kimi just steered into him while Max was fully besides him.
Because he couldn't see Max. Max should be aware of where he can place his car so that the leading driver can see him or not. He should know that he was in a position that is very hard for the car ahead to see him.

What're the percentages on clean vs dirty first laps at Spa in F1? Wondered for a while if they need to move to starting on the Kemmel Straight or something

Because he couldn't see Max. Max should be aware of where he can place his car so that the leading driver can see him or not. He should know that he was in a position that is very hard for the car ahead to see him.
Max certainly has some of the blame here, but Kimi came from the left, and went completely to the right. When you do that, you should be aware who is on your right.

Last edited:
I think it is more 50/50 between Max and Kimi. Max was a bit ambitious, Kimi just steered into him while Max was fully besides him.

Gotta disagree. That's 100% on Max. Kimi already committed to the corner before Max dive bobmed him. Max's car was entirely on the inside of the curb. That's the kind of move I expect to to see from people on online racing games.

Vettel isn't doing so hot.

Luckily for him, Hamilton doesn't have the speed to catch him on the straights.

Gotta disagree. That's 100% on Max. Kimi already committed to the corner before Max dive bobmed him. Max's car was entirely on the inside of the curb. That's the kind of move I expect to to see from people on online racing games.
Calling that a divebomb goes a bit far. Max would have easily made the corner staying fully on the inside.

Doesn't look like Hamilton will get past the "struggling" Vettel. Merc doesn't have the ponies to make the stream work.

In a wicked bit of irony, Albon is still moving along in 14th, while Gasly makes a stellar move to 8th, while being the leading Red Bull car. :dopey:

Actually, both Toro Rosso and Racing Point are doing pretty good so far.

Doesn't look like Hamilton will get past the "struggling" Vettel. Merc doesn't have the ponies to make the stream work.

They'll have to rely on a decent pit strategy.

As long as nothing untoward happens, they're not going to win... but Lewis still has a chance to get a jump on Sebastian in the pits.

Gasly leaves the pits with Mediums, probably going to try and make them last the rest of the race.

Also slightly hoping that Pierre passes Albon on the track and not in the pits.

So now Lewis is on the back foot. He will have to go very long on this stint and try to beat Vettel at the end.

Lewis is unusually calm on the radio. They've probably got a plan?

Back