Formula 1 Lenovo United States Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments
"Wins by circuit"
Only names two circuits
Includes a race that never happened...

20231023_200946.jpg

The Formula 1 admins are known for being too quick on things. On the YouTube there are constantly either typos or factual errors.

Russell and Sainz are both lucky.
Their cars were also likely to be infringing on the plank rule due to them having the same car as those found to be violating the rule.
But FIA has no rules to inspect their cars.

Last edited:
F1 social media accounts: Hey, if we post this Verstappen/Leclerc "battle" it'll get loads of views and won't spark any further discussion about how Verstappen just aims at the apex and runs people off to the outside while Leclerc in literally the same clip gives room to the driver on the outside, like you're supposed to, right?

I guess that is the purpose of Social Media accounts from big companies today. Reaching lots of people to post sth and gain follower no matter how. But to be fair elbows out is quiet neutral. But yeah Maxs aggressiveness was useless and not getting a penalty/switching places was another curious rc decision. In a lobby I would've let the other driver back past me...

Soooo, this race is still happening, two races later.

Haas has protested the results, filing a Right of Review for the race. It seems that Haas's general protest is that more cars should have got penalties for multiple breaches of track limits at Turn 6 - which were applied several times in the race, but Haas says should be mre - and is specifically targeting Alex Albon...

1699274700973.png

A penalty for Albon - which would be applied if they can prove one more breach - would promote Hulkenberg up into tenth to earn one point for driver and team, not that this would do much for the overall standings...

Soooo, this race is still happening, two races later.

Haas has protested the results, filing a Right of Review for the race. It seems that Haas's general protest is that more cars should have got penalties for multiple breaches of track limits at Turn 6 - which were applied several times in the race, but Haas says should be mre - and is specifically targeting Alex Albon...

View attachment 1301372

A penalty for Albon - which would be applied if they can prove one more breach - would promote Hulkenberg up into tenth to earn one point for driver and team, not that this would do much for the overall standings...
I'm going to assume they're doing this for the most petty reasons possible, not to gain a point for themselves but just to take a point away from Williams. Literally just fighting over table scraps.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume they're doing this for the most petty reasons possible, not to gain a point for themselves but just to take a point away from Williams. Literally just fighting over table scraps.
There's probably somewhere around $5m worth of potential prize money between last constructor in the championship and 2nd last. An extra point means Haas closes in on Alfa - 13 points vs. 16 points with two rounds to go. To them every point matters, so i can see why they'd go to the trouble. $5m isn't a great deal in F1 terms, but for Haas that would go a long way towards the 2024 wage bill.

Last edited:
There's probably somewhere around $5m worth of potential prize money between last constructor in the championship and 2nd last. An extra point means Haas closes in on Alfa - 13 points vs. 16 points with two rounds to go. To them every point matters, so i can see why they'd go to the trouble. $5m isn't a great deal in F1 terms, but for Haas that would go a long way towards the 2024 wage bill.
I suppose you're right on that. And it's not like they have any Russian oligarchs able to front them that cash right now either.

For a moment there, I thought next week's race was renamed and Austin became the Made in Texas Keep it Weird Travis County Grand Prix.

Back