Formula 1 Lenovo United States Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments
That was a pretty good race. Red Bull once again schooled the other teams on strategy but it was cringe hearing Max call his car a piece of ****.

I genuinely thought Lando could have won that though, right up until they made their second pit stop. Mercedes is always conservative on strategy so they kind of threw that away too, it was fine when they were dominant but not anymore.

Last edited:
1. Verstappen
2. Hamilton
3. Norris
4. Sainz
5. Perez
6. Leclerc
7. Russell
8. Gasly
9. Stroll
10. Tsunoda (FL)

Last edited:
They're boo'ing Abbott as well. We're doing alright.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-19725-1377807438-7.gif

This track always delivers action and exitement. May it continue for a long time.

Congrats to Hamilton putting that car in 2nd, probably the 4th best car at the moment. He's just that good at this track.
Norris poor last stint.

Verstappen needs to calm down. If he's like this with a dominant car, what's going to happen when other teams catch up? A repeat of 2021 and previous - ramming and dangrous divebombing again? As the reigning 3x champion he should be setting examples.

Congrats to Hamilton putting that car in 2nd, probably the 4th best car at the moment.
I think it's the other way round. Mercedes has definitely improved the car, but it's more suited to Hamilton. Russell's had a really underwhelming season in comparison, whereas in 2022 Russell outscored Hamilton.

This Mercedes is definitely better than the Ferrari as the reds can't keep their tyres alive.

I think it's the other way round. Mercedes has definitely improved the car, but it's more suited to Hamilton. Russell's had a really underwhelming season in comparison, whereas in 2022 Russell outscored Hamilton.
Russell outscored him last season but Hamilton was still the faster and better driver. Hamilton was very unlucky with 4 saftey cars whilst infront, he outqualified his younger teammate at the age of 38 too.

It's swings and roundabouts but the current car is better and easier to drive than last years. Please don't tell me Russell would rather drive that 'back-braking bouncy castle' from last year. What we are seeing this year is normality in the packing order at Mercedes. They give both their driver equal chance and equal upgrades. Always have done.

At the moment it's Russell making silly school boy errors like running off track too many times or getting set up wrong. The car suits him, its more to do with Hamilton having one of his greatest seasons ever. He's had the 3rd/4th fastest car overall and is currently alnost 2nd in the WDC.

Last edited:
Please don't tell me Russell would rather drive that 'back-braking bouncy castle' from last year.
I won't, because with that car he would be slower than the Haas'es most likely.
Hamilton outqualified his younger teammate at the age of 38 too.
I mean, Alonso is 42 and outqualifying Stroll constantly... :lol:

Last edited:
Russell outscored him last season but Hamilton was still the faster and better driver. Hamilton was very unlucky with 4 saftey cars whilst infront, he outqualified his younger teammate at the age of 38 too.

It's swings and roundabouts but the current car is better and easier to drive than last years. Please don't tell me Russell would rather drive that 'back-braking bouncy castle' from last year. What we are seeing this year is normality in the packing order at Mercedes. They give both their driver equal chance and equal upgrades. Always have done.

At the moment it's Russell making silly school boy errors like running off track too many times or getting set up wrong. The car suits him, its more to do with Hamilton having one of his greatest seasons ever. He's had the 3rd/4th fastest car overall and is currently alnost 2nd in the WDC.
I think last year will be a bit of an outlier between the two. Lewis looked to have basically "sacrificed" his season by running R&D on the car where as Mercedes heavily relied on George for maximum points possibilities. This year, the car is in a much better state although I will concede to @TumeK5 's point; because Lewis spent so much of last year exploring the huge failures of the car, I do think his input has transformed this year's car into something more suitable to him. George has clearly benefited from the better car as well, but yeah, I think it's without doubt Mercedes is tailoring the car more to Lewis & within' understandable reasons.

Last edited:
Back