Formula 1 Lenovo United States Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The second of three races in the USA is upon us, as Austin takes the mantle to show off why it is the true modern home of F1 in the States. The Tilkedrome designed with inspiration from iconic corners in F1 in the late 2000's, the track has surprised many with the high quality of racing that it has hosted over the years, as the section from T12-T19 allows for insane wheel-to-wheel and side-by-side action. Red Bull were back on top in the last couple of races, and this circuit is probably not going to change that, so it's up to the pack to catch up. Will anybody add to Carlos Sainz's sole non-Red Bull victory this year? McLaren are close, but are they close enough. Daniel Ricciardo returns to this Sprint Weekend, so we will discover soon if that hand has fully healed at the UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX!

austin.png

First Grand Prix
2012​

Number of Laps
56​

Circuit Length
5.513km​

Race Distance
308.405 km​

Lap Record
1:36.169 Charles Leclerc (2019)​

No idea where to post this but it’s in America and has been announced ahead of this weekends US race. Golf meets F1 in the first Netflix Cup. Lando Norris, Carlos Sainz, Pierre Hasly and Alex Albon will pair up with Rickie Fowler, Justin Thomas, Max Homa and Collin Morrikawa live on Netflix.

I was looking forward to this race because the Austin GP always delivered something interesting to watch. Sadly won't be watching it live. I really hope it will be a good one. Also hoping for a bit of a Merc resurgence here with their upgrade and watch another good battle between Lewis and Max for the win 😏

What’s the point in even doing it if it’s going to be that ugly? Lol.

I also don’t like how they never paint the entire thing either, the traditional RB colors clash with pretty much everything.

Why didn't they return to white and keep it a red bull on top + stars & stripes/Texas star theme like they did now on the lower/rear side. Just replace the overall dark blue with white and get the yellow parts star spangled blue. Opportunity wasted...
It was a fan competition. Maybe you should've entered with that design.

I suspect the drivers may be good boys this weekend with the new increased fines in play. Hit them in the pocket and they behave.

Last edited:
Alonso and Aston Martin were the duo to look out for in the beginning of the season, but now?

Hard to believe they managed all those podiums now.

So Marta Garcia wins the championship. What now? Does she pull a Chadwick and stay in the series or are they going to put her in a series with stronger competition?

So Marta Garcia wins the championship. What now? Does she pull a Chadwick and stay in the series or are they going to put her in a series with stronger competition?
Didn't the commentators say she can't stay? So like an F2 thing.

Didn't the commentators say she can't stay? So like an F2 thing.
She would be absolutely destroyed in F2, found this though.

Garcia defeated Alpine F1 junior Abbi Pulling in the Austin race to seal her title, and while a champion is not prohibited from defending her title, Spaniard Garcia is likely to move up to the Formula Regional European - the step below Formula 3.

She would be absolutely destroyed in F2
Yeah, I was never suggesting she should go straight to F2. No way :lol:

a champion is not prohibited from defending her title, Spaniard Garcia is likely to move up to the Formula Regional European - the step below Formula 3.
Alright, so she is allowed to pull a Chadwick if she wanted to. Great.

Last edited:
I thought the entire point of having F3 teams running the cars is that they'd then move up into that F3 seat. Apparently not lol

I’m just as skeptical about F1 Academy as I was with the W Series. Slapping an F1 label on it doesn’t make it any better.

Quality nonsense by Russell.

Edit.

Ferrari's not so long run speed isn't great. Hamilton and his Mercedes having fun up front though.

Edit 2

Why are there people taking photos with phones at a place with only a concrete barrier?

Last edited:
Shame that Alonso isn't anywhere at all. He turned into such a likeable character and Aston Martin build such a good car that he definitely deserved a win this season. Real shame.

Edit

They're back with the useless graphics. Battery level.

Last edited:
10 sec win in a sprint. :lol:

At least he will start further down tomorrow, but I'm still expecting an easy win for him.

What was going on with Sainz there? Only guy on soft tyres and still slower than LeClerk on mediums?

Overall the Sprint was rather boring. Hope the race today gets more interesting.

Back