Formula 1 Lenovo United States Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments
  • 22,596 views
Yes, because that's how tire wear works. Sainz actually did a good job staying in sixth.
Guess he was refering to the first laps when the softs should've been quicker but Sainz wasn't.
 
I can see that, sadly sometimes softs don't guarantee a better start, we've seen it plenty of times.
 
Well he went forwards at the start and then got caught as they wore. Starting and finishing 6th doesn’t really tell the whole story of the softs.
 
Last edited:
I was also thinking that if he used the softs for raw pace at the start, the tires would've been completely worn at the end of the race.
 




I would start on hards myself with heavy fuel and the chance of a early safety car that could extend the window toward a 1 stop.

 
Here we go again...silly, silly move by Lovingfoss.

Screenshot_10.png
 
Perhaps Aston is hoping a pit lane start for Stroll reduces the chance of a first-corner crash.

Although it does only reduce it...


I don't think I've watched a single second of a single "Sprint" on purpose before, but:

If the white line is the edge of the track then did Max push Leclerc off the track there?
That's a very good question...
1697999241822.png


... and I don't see how it's not.
 
Last edited:
If the white line is the edge of the track then did Max push Leclerc off the track there?
Eh, who knows. The last 3 years have been a free for all in terms of rules. I don't think it really matters at this point, pretty much like a game of roulette now.
 
Last edited:
Eh, who knows. The last 3 years have been a free for all in terms of rules. I don't think it really matters at this point, pretty much like a game of roulette now.
They applied that rule correctly once (Canada 2019) and there was so much moaning they have been scared to do it ever since.
 
Doesn’t help that Charles was not only okay with the move, but basically endorsed it; “I would have done the same” & “That’s how I like to fight”.
 
Last edited:
Great start from Lando! Gooooooooo! 😮
 
Ocon will park it soon.
 
Great start from Norris. Really hoping he does well today. Hamilton missed a trick at the start should've gone around the outside at turn 1. Still his race pace is incredible should get 2nd today if no problems for Verstappen.
 
Ocon will park it soon.
Definitely, dropping back rapidly.

Edit: And there we go. From the replay it looked like a very hard hit. I'm amazed Piastri is not having major issues from that
 
Last edited:
Verstappen going for a 1 stop? He doesn't seem to be pushing at all and that Red Bull is incredible on tyre wear. Would be a feat if he does.
 
Last edited:
Damn, Piastri having to retire the car. Which means Lando will have to be watched carefully. :nervous:
 
Piastri out :(. That knock must have done something internal.
 
Damn, Piastri having to retire the car. Which means Lando will have to be watched carefully. :nervous:
That's almost definitely a result of the lap 1 contact. A cracked Radiator or something that has finally leaked too much and into preservation mode.
 
I'm amazed Piastri is not having major issues from that
Should have kept my mouth shut
Piastri out :(. That knock must have done something internal.
That's almost definitely a result of the lap 1 contact. A cracked Radiator or something that has finally leaked too much and into preservation mode.
Let's hope it's from the hit
 
First time I've seen a mirrored helmet cam.
 
Yeah hopefully. Would love to see Norris win this, hate to see a team based mechanical issue.
Don't count Verstappen out, he's gonna be fast.
 
That was a nice little drift in the pit entry
 
Verstappen going for a 1 stop? He doesn't seem to be pushing at all and that Red Bull is incredible on tyre wear. Would be a feat if he does.
Medium to medium, so that's a no
Don't count Verstappen out, he's gonna be fast.
He's not really flying for once. I think Lando has a decent chance of taking this
 
Hmm 1 stop for Hamilton, that'll be interesting.
 
Back