Formula 1 Lenovo United States Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 193 comments
I think Hamilton has a chance for 2nd but this is Max's race. Norris seems to have burned up his tires and I am still confused why he decided to match Verstappen.

I think Hamilton has a chance for 2nd but this is Max's race. Norris seems to have burned up his tires and I am still confused why he decided to match Verstappen.
If Lewis keeps his tyres somewhat alive he might challenge Max.

Just wanted a battle for the lead, for once. Incompetent Mercedes strats and pit stops. Norris waving through Max because he wears Verstappen pyjamas. Leclerc waving through Max but defending against Lewis.

Inevitable inevitableness.

Lando is probably just covering Lewis. It's tough to pass and if Lewis runs out of tires at the end, he should be safe.

That said now that we know Lewis was bound for a 2 stop, they bungled the first stop timing.

Last edited:
Plan C = stay on track. Plan D = pit. I wonder what Plan A or B were for Ferrari?
Plan D: new mediums
Plan E: Pit for Soft to get fastest lap point, but lose 5pts in race

Ferrari F1 thinks Plan E is best

Just wanted a battle for the lead, for once. Incompetent Mercedes strats and pit stops. Norris waving through Max because he wears Verstappen pyjamas. Leclerc waving through Max but defending against Lewis.

Inevitable inevitableness.
Don't forget that Tsunoda entered the pits the lap after Verstappen exited to clear the way. Wasn't picked up on or shown but the left hand side timing showed it. Good old 4 car Red Bull. :D

Still, I think Mercedes did a decent stategy today. Verstappen isn't even pushing hard, doesn't need to. All this fake swearing by him is really annoying.

Alonso to retire.
2019 flashbacks

Screenshot_46 (3).png

Don't forget that Tsunoda entered the pits the lap after Verstappen exited to clear the way. Wasn't picked up on or shown but the left hand side timing showed it. Good old 4 car Red Bull. :D

Still, I think Mercedes did a decent stategy today. Verstappen isn't even pushing hard, doesn't need to. All this fake swearing by him is really annoying.
Decent? They threw away Lewis' 3s gap over Max and turned it into a 6s loss over the course of like 5 laps. They threw any chance for him to fight for this win on track.

Max has been coasting all year but less so this weekend with a few issues etc.

Yes but the tyre offset gave him more time it seems. His tyres are in much better condition in both stints and allowed him to catch and fight for the lead. Verstappen was always going to be oit of the equation, that Red Bull is too fast and not even going full speed. You can see it with his onboards.

Edit: Also even after the undercut in the 1st round of stops. Mercedes are far too slow at changing tyres anyway. 2.2 vs 3.6 secs lol.

Last edited:
Back