Kansas City
PsuPepperoni
Cc2l0BQ.gif

Roo

Premium
United Kingdom
Hampshire, UK
GTP_Roo
Right, but he doesn't get the point for fastest lap because he's in 14th. You're missing the point.

No.

If Hamilton had fastest lap, it means Vettel or Verstappen won't get that point.

It's not about Hamilon gaining a point, it's preventing the others from doing so.

It won't work, as it happens, but that's the reasoning.

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
Roo
No.

If Hamilton had fastest lap, it means Vettel or Verstappen won't get that point.

It's not about Hamilon gaining a point, it's preventing the others from doing so.

It won't work, as it happens, but that's the reasoning.
Ah, I assumed whoever had the fastest lap in the Top 10 got it, even if it wasn't the fastest lap of the race.

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
I'm glad it's Kyvat and not Stroll on podium. You just know Stroll has no charisma and will start his response with "Yea, umm..." like he always does. At least Kyvat knows how to present himself.

phillgt2002

On the way!
Premium
United States
United States
I'm not keen on VER or RB, but their playing of the strategy is what all teams need to take note on.

zzz_pt

Premium
Germany
Porto living in Hamburg
zzz_pt
Turns out when the limits are the grip the tires can handle instead of aerodynamics or engine performance, the results are unpredictable. What a race!

Touring Mars

Pie variant
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GTP_Mars
Redemption (of sorts) for Vettel - I reckoned his strategy was simply to keep it on the tarmac and wait for everyone else to crash out in front of him, which pretty much happened.

Great drives from the podium finishers all round though, and huge kudos to Stroll for almost scoring a very unlikely podium... still a great result for him though.

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
Turns out when the limits are the grip the tires can handle instead of aerodynamics or engine performance, the results are unpredictable. What a race!
So maybe if we had regular slick tires with significantly less grip we might get some interesting situations even in the dry. More four wheel drifts like Verstappen was going out of the last turn, and people struggling out of slow turns being the difference between an overtake or losing a position. That sounds fun, right?

Silent Drifter

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
SilentDrifterGT
SilentDrifterGT
Redemption (of sorts) for Vettel - I reckoned his strategy was simply to keep it on the tarmac and wait for everyone else to crash out in front of him, which pretty much happened.
It's like playing Ranked Online in F1 2019!

phillgt2002

On the way!
Premium
United States
United States
Mercedes, its their sponsored race and all the stuff celebrating their 125th year, no drivers on the podium or Mercedes powered cars....
It happens.. I'm sure they are kicking themselves, but they still have a dominant package.