Formula 1 Mercedes-Benz Großer Preis von Deutschland 2019Formula 1 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 666 comments
  • 36,063 views
Is there any truth to any of the nonsense that's been on Twitter the last few weeks? Lightning Volt Energy is a joke account, but the Rich Energy twitter account was the one that made the bad photoshop of Storey driving a liveried van or something. What the hell is going on?

It is called publicity. They even got a dedicated thread here on GTP because of it.
 
While some say bad publicity is still publicity, in Formula 1 is that really what you want?
 
While some say bad publicity is still publicity, in Formula 1 is that really what you want?

People talk about the brand. I doubt that they care about anything else.
 
While some say bad publicity is still publicity, in Formula 1 is that really what you want?

I feel like this saga will end up as a net positive for Haas. Supposedly they’re still entitled to a remaining $35 million(?) in their sponsorship contract, so they’ll either get all, some, or none of that. Crucially now they’re all over headlines, and generally the embarrassment looks to be Rich Energy, and not the Haas team itself - that’s easy advertising for another sponsor. Even if they get nothing else out of Rich Energy I think it’d be very easy to squeeze a lot out of a new sponsor if they don’t voluntarily throw money at them at the get go. I think whoever signs with Haas will have a near guarantee at a lot of visibility, at least initially.

I think any bad publicity will come from track performance, be it shoddy jobs from drivers or the development team, all of which are real possibilities going forward.
 
I just want to know Haas got involved with such a dodgy brand in the first place.
 
While some say bad publicity is still publicity, in Formula 1 is that really what you want?
Does anyone outside of F1 and a bewildered bike company, even know about any of it (I’ve not heard anything about it outside of F1’s confused press)?

They have such a meagre presents, that I don’t even think you can claim anything Rich Engery tweet is ‘publicity’...
 
A race weekend starts with a Ferrari 1-2, and ends with a Merc 1-2.
 
The chance of rain for the weekend seems to be slipping away :indiff:
 
Ferrari having problems already.
 
So... on a weekend where Ferrari is faster, Vettel is stuck in the garage in Q1 with an issue. Wonderful.
 
Ouch bad luck for Vettel. This time not his own fault. Feel sorry for him especially at his home grandprix.


Stroll in Q2. Well done

Norris and Albon already out :ouch:
 
Last edited:
Albon was held up by Norris.
 
Classy Vettel signing autograph for that kid 👍
 
With Vettel out, I already lost interest for the race...
Last time he screwed up his home grand prix, this time the car itself did the job. :ouch:
 
With Vettel out, I already lost interest for the race...

Hamilton won from 14th-ish last year, and we know the Ferrari is fast when it works. I think it's shaping up to be a great race. Verstappen and Leclerc up the front for when we run out of Safety Cars :)

EDIT: Power unit problem for Verstappen, so ignore what I just said! :D
 
So, who was worried about the heat again?
 
"The Ferrari engines are all going well, except Vettel's... which won't go at all."

Harsh.
 
Shame for Vettel, wonder if his Turbo issue is in any way related to or derivative of Leclec's turbo failure in Bahrain.
 
Shame for Vettel, wonder if his Turbo issue is in any way related to or derivative of Leclec's turbo failure in Bahrain.
Apparently it is an airflow issue towards the turbo for Vettel
 
Ferrari seems to always have troubles when they have the pace. Seems the car isn’t actually that fast unless they take risks or else they have no chance at all.
 
huh? Just saw some very disappointed engineers around LeClercs car?

Hopefully they're just checking that they don't have the same problem as they do on Vettel's car. Hmmm.

So, who was worried about the heat again?

No heat today, at least nothing like yesterday. Here in Britain it's 20C cooler than it was this time yesterday.

EDIT: Don't know why I bother... Leclerc out!
 
Ferrari has gone from "hot mess" status to "flaming pile of horse-🤬"
 
GET IN THERE LEWIS
 
I'm not a Ferrari fan but this is also what I/we don't want to see. Both Ferrari's out....Feel really sorry for them
 
Back