Formula 1 Mercedes-Benz Großer Preis von Deutschland 2019Formula 1 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 666 comments
  • 36,066 views
Lewis this is Toto. I'll be waiting in your trailer.
 
Max P2 very well done! Ahead of another Mercedes. Indeed this is going to be a fun race. Ferrari's from P20 and P10 with some overtaking. Race pace of RedBulls good and possible rain and then anything can happen.
 
Huh... think they switched up the boards for Bottas and Verstappen

Edit: Oh it was Bottas mistake:lol:
 
+0.36 over Bottas. On both qualifying laps. Slower over two sectors on the second lap and pulls something out of his arse in the third sector.

There's a reason Lewis earns big bucks at Mercedes.
 
Lewis scoring a bit of an open goal, Max keeping Merc honest and Bottas p3.

Bit of an anticlimax in the end but Lewis smashed it and recovered from issues early on in the day.


Let’s hope for a wet one tomorrow, with the two best wet drivers 1st and 2nd that’d make a hell of a race!!
 
Hamilton looked like an elderly person getting out of his car.
 
I'm not a Hamilton fan (either) but if you can perform like this even when you are very sick you are a true dedicated sportman.
They also mentioned it on Dutch Ziggo Sport TV that Lewis was 'almost' replaced by good-old Max friend Ocon :nervous:
 
haha In my humble opinion you don't have to favour someone to see/admit that he's a true talented sportsman.
Lewis and his gear is a league on it's own and hopefully Max and his RedBull can change that a.s.a.p. :nervous:
At least he can split the 1&2 Mercedes dominance that arrogant Dutch unpolished diamond :D
 
Screenshot_3.jpg
 
So it was meant to rain today but didn't, imagine it will happen again tomorrow. With that in mind a safety car is the only lifeline Vettel has for getting anywhere near the podium. He has a real opportunity to silence the critics tomorrow...assuming he even starts the race.
 
You also don't have to keep reminding people you don't like/aren't a fan of someone...
huh? When did I say over the past years that I'm not a fan of Lewis? I've great respect for him and his team.
Please read my text again and if you quote someone please don't get it out of context. Appreciated

If you read also my other post about 'me not being a fan of Ferrari' then hopely you understand this was meant with a taste of - wrong Dutch way of sarcastic? - humor. Then I apologize

And for now a free advise: cheers mate! Grab an ice cold one. Because maybe the heat went a little bit too high :cheers:
 
Last edited:
huh? When did I say ove the past years that I'm not a fan of Lewis? I've great respect for him and his team.
Please read my text again and if you quote someone please don't get it out of context. Appreciated

And for now a free advise: cheers mate! Grab an ice cold one. Because maybe the heat went a little it too high :cheers:
:rolleyes:
 
So it was meant to rain today but didn't, imagine it will happen again tomorrow. With that in mind a safety car is the only lifeline Vettel has for getting anywhere near the podium. He has a real opportunity to silence the critics tomorrow...assuming he even starts the race.

Also assuming he doesnt make more mistakes on his way through the field... I get the feeling he is distracted, perhaps moving towards family mode, being away all the time must take its toll. There will be plenty of less time intensive racing options open to him given his pedigree...
 
It's nice to see Ferrari treating both their drivers the same for once. Leclerc went out in Q1 at his home race, so they made sure Vettel went out in Q1 in his home race too!
 
While unfortunate I can't help but think this will all make for a more interesting race...so...I'm not disappointed at all.

1) Ferrari starting, what 10th and 20th? So they'll have something to cover...Ferraris passing people. Also they should be able to go bananas on strategy...particularly if it rains.

2) Max and Lewis up front. Lewis will probably walk away, but it gives Leclerc a target and Bottas/Verstappen might be spicy enough.

3) We might have rain, so that's even more potential for mayhem.

4) If we see rain, it opens up the "pit under yellow" option for Ferraris potentially helping them catch up since we can expect at least one yellow with a car in the gravel, etc. etc.

Just to completely spice it up, if Lewis becomes more ill...and Ocon hops in the car or something of the sort for the race (I'd assume the regs dictate a replacement driver starts at the back of the field or from pit lane or some such)....even mooore mayhem.

All in all, it just seems set up for some interesting racing - something I don't normally get from Hockenheim. I see all of this as a plus.
 
4) If we see rain, it opens up the "pit under yellow" option for Ferraris potentially helping them catch up since we can expect at least one yellow with a car in the gravel, etc. etc.

A yellow doesn't necessarily give you much, they'll more likely be hoping for SC or VSC.

Just to completely spice it up, if Lewis becomes more ill...and Ocon hops in the car or something of the sort for the race (I'd assume the regs dictate a replacement driver starts at the back of the field or from pit lane or some such)....even mooore mayhem.

Ocon didn't qualify for the race, I'm pretty sure he can't replace a driver who has qualified. Nor has he set any lap times during the weekend for a (very unlikely) 107% appeal.
 
Yeah, I guess I meant the safety car (i.e. the way Hamilton and Vettel have previously benefited from it). Regarding Ocon, gotcha. I don't know F1's regulations on replacing a driver. That's a shame. Would have been even more hectic.
 
Raceday!!! It is very very moisty in the Schwarzwald forest over here. Completely cloudy but you can already see some light sun coming through.

Is the weather as unpredictable as yesterdays quali? We're still in the German Scharzwald and it can change in anyminute. We'll see.

Rain or sun? --> enjoy the race!

file-13.jpeg
 
Porsche Super Cup was red flagged due to heavy rain.

Word from the pitlane!;
 
It looks really wet on the live drivers parade on YouTube.
 
Organizers made these fans take down the cheeky Forza Seb banner in the Mercedes grandstand :lol:

EAZuZoYXsAAjL-1
 
Rain going to last for the first half of the race, according to BBC Weather. With Verstappen starting on the "wrong" tyres (softs rather than the meds of everyone around him) this could be good for Red Bull - once the race is wet the tyre-change rule is dropped.
 
When Brundle was in the Mercedes, Hamilton filmed him passing by in vertical mode. SMH
 
Back