Formula 1 MSC Cruises Belgian Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 174 comments
Would assume any water hitting the track is not only evaporating due to the track being warm but also being absorbed into the tarmac itself.

Ferrari seems to have the pace over Mercedes.
Leclerc easily pulls a gap towards Hamilton.

Great to see a few teams in the mix at the front and midfield.
Can’t recall a season where it is so close between a wide variety of teams.

1. Verstappen
2. Perez
3. Leclerc
4. Hamilton (FL)
5. Alonso
6. Russell
7. Norris
8. Ocon
9. Stroll
10. Tsunoda

Great race.
Lots of overtaking. Dominated by Max. Leclerc had a steady and fast race.
Unfortunately Alonso couldn’t keep up with Hamilton. Would love to see AM with more updates. However, they choose the wrong path allegedly for their development.
Great race by Gasly and I also enjoyed Tsunoda. He made Daniel look like a de Vries…

Last edited:
The average gap from first to seventh was ten seconds. None of the top seven was closer than seven seconds to the car in front. The guy in fourth could make an extra stop for fresh tyres to get fastest lap and still came out 7s ahead of the guy behind (and 17s behind the guy in front).

Great "race"...

Bleh, forgettable race for me once the rain let up... Lando 7th, Oscar out, and Ricciardo nowhere.

Summer break is going to take forever.

tupac-sad.gif

Max makes Perez look like he's driving a very different car for a very different team....over 20 seconds gap at the end between the 2 of them!! That's just crazy. I'm sure Lewis went after fastest lap just to annoy Max and not let him go for "Max-imum" points for the weekend.

Last edited:
Yeah, can't possibly believe I would see the day where a season would be more boring than 2015 or 2020.

But this one might be the worst season to watch since I've started watching in 2002.

I like Max, but this as a season is incredibly dull. I don't really care about who fights for the last spot in the points. What we as fans want is a memorable championship battle.

In fact, Max isn't the one to blame. He's simply exceptional, for me one of the all-time greats already, it's Checo's fault for being so damn average on that rocketship of a car.
Put Leclerc, Hamilton, Russel, Norris or Alonso in that 2nd car and we might have more of an entertaining battle for the Drivers Championship.

If Checo weren't so incredibly bad driving a top car, Red Bull could've potentially be near the 1.000 point mark this season with all the points available. That's how good the car is.

5 races in a row without reaching Q3, out of 12 races, only has 1 more Podium than Alonso while driving a car that is between 30 to 40 seconds faster over a race distance...
Starts 4 places ahead of Max and still finishes 20 seconds behind in the same car.
Embarrasing.

Last edited:
I tend to disagree about a more capable second driver making a difference at RB.
They have historically been a 1-man team with a car developed specifically to meet the needs of that man and no one else.
And even if a second driver’s talent is enough to overcome that, RB will subtly sabotage him in their actions and psychologically.
Does anyone honestly think Perez would be allowed to take the title if his times were always competitive with Max?

I'm quite glad I didn't go to this race, and went to the Spa 24h instead...

82 minutes of 'racing' is not a lot of bang for quite a lot of bucks, and given the uncertainty with the weather, it seems too high risk for a future trip.

Spa is an amazing circuit and I sincerely hope it stays on the F1 calendar, but I reckon the F1 race needs to be longer - though, judging by the reaction of some people after today's race, maybe not :lol:

Last edited:
Back