Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio d'Italia 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 328 comments
nyck86cp5.jpg
Guys like Latifi are in F1 year after year, but Colton Herta can't get a shot. Sounds fair

Apparently Max can become champion if he wins in Singapore and Leclerc finishes 10th or lower and Perez doesn't make it to the podium.

Last edited:
Apparently Max can become champion if he wins in Singapore and Leclerc finishes 10th or lower and Perez doesn't make it to the podium.
So Ferrari to have yet another engine failure after screwing the strategy anyway and 2nd place Perez will have a mysterious car problem and finish 4th.

Ferrari took maximum FACC points
Okay, I've been ignoring FACC for the past few seasons because it's been pointless - the adjusted driver points might have been interesting, but Mercedes placing 1-2 or 1-3 in almost all races made it just daft to keep up with.

However, despite the runaway leader in the driver championship, it's been chaos from 2nd and back and I just realised that it might be fun to look at it again...

... and whoooooooooooo FACC is crazy this year. Quick summary:

1 - Mercedes - 279pt
2 - Red Bull - 250pt
3 - Ferrari - 209pt
4 - Alpine - 150pt
5 - McLaren - 134pt
6 - Aston Martin - 132pt
7 - Haas - 101pt
8 - Alfa Romeo - 89pt
9 - AlphaTauri - 79pt
10 - Williams - 64pt

Mercedes has more maximums than anyone else, on six, with Red Bull and Ferrari on five each - and these are the only teams to score maximums.

Mercedes has the joint-most points finishes, at 14 out of 16 races... tied with Aston Martin, with McLaren tied with Red Bull in joint third on 13.

McLaren, Aston Martin, and Haas have all scored second-place finishes.

Only Alfa Romeo has scored a one-point finish, at Hungaroring courtesy of Bottas's 20th place classified finish...

David Croft is getting buried on Twitter this evening, as he does after every Grand Prix. Many people are pointing out that Karun Chandhok telling him that "the past is the past and he should turn the page" after the predictable safety car meltdown was the highlight of the race. Chandhok was very polite about it but it was extremely refreshing for someone on the broadcast team to tell Croft and Kravitz to shut the 🤬 up with their biased broadcasting.

David Croft is getting buried on Twitter this evening, as he does after every Grand Prix. Many people are pointing out that Karun Chandhok telling him that "the past is the past and he should turn the page" after the predictable safety car meltdown was the highlight of the race. Chandhok was very polite about it but it was extremely refreshing for someone on the broadcast team to tell Croft and Kravitz to shut the 🤬 up with their biased broadcasting.
I turned the race on very late, why wasn't Brundle doing commentary today?

Okay, I've been ignoring FACC for the past few seasons because it's been pointless - the adjusted driver points might have been interesting, but Mercedes placing 1-2 or 1-3 in almost all races made it just daft to keep up with.

However, despite the runaway leader in the driver championship, it's been chaos from 2nd and back and I just realised that it might be fun to look at it again...

... and whoooooooooooo FACC is crazy this year. Quick summary:

1 - Mercedes - 279pt
2 - Red Bull - 250pt
3 - Ferrari - 209pt
4 - Alpine - 150pt
5 - McLaren - 134pt
6 - Aston Martin - 132pt
7 - Haas - 101pt
8 - Alfa Romeo - 89pt
9 - AlphaTauri - 79pt
10 - Williams - 64pt

Mercedes has more maximums than anyone else, on six, with Red Bull and Ferrari on five each - and these are the only teams to score maximums.

Mercedes has the joint-most points finishes, at 14 out of 16 races... tied with Aston Martin, with McLaren tied with Red Bull in joint third on 13.

McLaren, Aston Martin, and Haas have all scored second-place finishes.

Only Alfa Romeo has scored a one-point finish, at Hungaroring courtesy of Bottas's 20th place classified finish...
It's been a while. Remind me how this works?

Shouldnt the N button have put daniels car into neutral?
If something is broken in the car, sometimes that doesn't work. SOURCE: I had that with a GP2 car in 2016, Electrics failed and the button did not work.

It's been a while. Remind me how this works?
Short version: It ranks the second-finishing car of each team, with 25 for the best second car, 18 for the next-best second car, etc. DNF/DNS/WD/etc. is 0.

I wouldn't say it was questionable, Red Bull were light years ahead in pace, didn't matter what they tried.
I'd say it was questionable and I thought it was at the time, not even in hindsight. Red Bull were faster yes but not light years. Leclerc was the only one that could've held its own for a while.

If you don't race you'll never know. Ferrari decided to bring Leclerc in early thus avoiding racing Max and conceded the lead in the pole car. Max may have made a mistake getting past and went off track or flat spotted his tyres, we'll never know. So yes it did matter, the attitude you have with "it didn't matter what they tried" is wrong and there'd be point in doing any sporting competition as the best team always wins right? Nope.

Ferrari bringing him in early automatically went to a slower two stop or a slower one stop that isn't manageable hence their call for plan C to come in for a second set. They ended up at just under a pit stop behind quell surprise and missed the chance to fight with Max for what benefit? A one stop midway was always the best call here, you have a fight on track with Max and who knows as we've seen before you can get another go after the one stop as sometimes the tyres slightly favour the other car. Ferrari just put themselves out of any contention.

It seems like they thought it's a clever move to take advantage of the VSC and often that is the case as Red Bull have expertly done before. Red Bull today were not going to go down that road that early but down Ferrari went wanting to capitalize on it because that's the clever move but it's small gain and big loss in this scenario.

It's not a big mess up but I'm sure Red Bull were happy to have Ferrari pit instead and be given the lead. Ferrari had decent pace enough to make something of it and just removed themselves.

Last edited:
I turned the race on very late, why wasn't Brundle doing commentary today?
He was, but he was also doing the post-race interview so he headed off right before Dani's engine decided to stop functioning, hence Karun filling in for the final few laps.

Feel so happy for Nyck to finally get a chance to race in F1 and do so well. Always felt sad for him when he is doing F1 shows whilst people he has beaten are getting seasons in F1. Hopefully he gets a chance to race again in F1.

Encouraging pace by Lewis as he did the fastest lap of the one-stop strategy drivers, hopefully Mercedes can bring a decent upgrade and make it more of a fight towards the end of the season. Great to hear from Lewis this race weekend that Mercedes have figured out what they need to do for next year's car to be faster on straights although can be sometimes easier said than done.

He was, but he was also doing the post-race interview so he headed off right before Dani's engine decided to stop functioning, hence Karun filling in for the final few laps.
Yeah I'm watching the replay now and I see that was the case. I turned the race off right at the finish and didn't watch podium or post race interviews.

Did this happen post race? I missed this

Williams saying Albon had a post-operative anaesthetic reaction and respiratory failure and was intubated and transferred to intensive care... 😲

He's now recovering and back out of ICU.

Last edited:
At least he has 3 weeks to recover before Singapore, but that's a shock. I hope he's ok and will have no I'll effects.

Is 3 weeks going to be enough? Hell, 17-odd days from having tubes put in to the start of FP1? I know someone who took roughly the same amount of time post-op to not grimace after merely sitting up, or just driving a bog-standard hatchback.

Now I know those lads are absolutely yoked, prime of their health e.t.c. but maybe it would be for the best if he considered skipping one of the most physically taxing GPs on the calendar? I expect De Vries will be pumping in the hours at the gym, just in case...

Is 3 weeks going to be enough? Hell, 17-odd days from having tubes put in to the start of FP1? I know someone who took roughly the same amount of time post-op to not grimace after merely sitting up, or just driving a bog-standard hatchback.

Now I know those lads are absolutely yoked, prime of their health e.t.c. but maybe it would be for the best if he considered skipping one of the most physically taxing GPs on the calendar? I expect De Vries will be pumping in the hours at the gym, just in case...
We'll see, I suppose. Their press release cites, "Alex’s full focus is on recovery and preparation ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix later this month", so sounds like he's going to make the effort to attend.

What if Albon skipping Singapore is a work so that De Vries gets another chance to pump Latifi? Williams keep their money driver and his replacement without having to dismiss Latifi early.

/CoNsPiRaCy

What if Albon skipping Singapore is a work so that De Vries gets another chance to pump Latifi? Williams keep their money driver and his replacement without having to dismiss Latifi early.

/CoNsPiRaCy
A struggling team wants to rest the more talented of their full time drivers while not violating the contract terms of their pay driver and giving his likely replacement some practical experience? THE FIENDS! How dare they tarnish the purity of the sport like th- okay, I can't be bothered to keep on like that. Honestly if that's not the case I'll be more surprised.

Latest Posts

Back