Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio d'Italia 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 328 comments
Ha, to be clear I mean Monza specifically. I'd have no problem with them moving it elsewhere, unfortunately there aren't really any better options.
I'd much rather see Mugello and Monza alternate and keep Imola on the calendar as is. With these cars I think Mugello would be quite entertaining.

Italian GPs are usually boring TBH. I really wouldn't care if we didn't come here, but I know that's one for the unpopular opinions thread.
I genuinely enjoy Monza, and like Monaco they are F1 to me. I won't pretend that the bad races at either venue don't stink up the place though.

As much as I dislike Bernie, his idea for artificial wet races seems more and more like a stroke of genius with every passing year.

I genuinely enjoy Monza, and like Monaco they are F1 to me. I won't pretend that the bad races at either venue don't stink up the place though.

As much as I dislike Bernie, his idea for artificial wet races seems more and more like a stroke of genius with every passing year.
Monaco should stay, but they should create a new format for the weekend whereby it becomes a time trial sprint for the points as its totally worthless for racing.

Ferrari once again with a questionable strategy, ruining any chance of a race win.

Max and RBR 100% once again.

Monza needs to move on the calendar to a wetter period.
I wouldn't say it was questionable, Red Bull were light years ahead in pace, didn't matter what they tried.

Last edited:
Monaco should stay, but they should create a new format for the weekend whereby it becomes a time trial sprint for the points as its totally worthless for racing.
Hm. An interesting idea, an F1 rally. It'd be different for sure, but how would that play out? Much of what makes Monaco appealing is also its biggest criticism.

If you take that away does it have the same allure?

They could try and go with a softer compounds for this race, which could spice it up a bit.

I appreciate how unique it is, but I wouldn’t care if it was gone from the calendar. The races are usually short snoozefests. I was debating on doing grocery shopping instead of watching the second half.

Last edited:
Hm. An interesting idea, an F1 rally. It'd be different for sure, but how would that play out? Much of what makes Monaco appealing is also its biggest criticism.

You could almost format it like a sprint weekend. FP1, championship order grid for a sprint race of 20-25 laps. Results of that race get reversed to set the order for the tome trial feature on the Sunday. Every driver gets 2 runs of 3 laps with their cumulative time of both runs added together for the result.

What I see us getting from that is, still getting some race drama over a shorter sprint style distance with everyone on the softest possible compound. But then we get to watch every driver push as hard as possible over a total of 6 laps each, no holds barred, no traffic, low fuel, fastest tyres. Driver vs Circuit in the ultimate test of bravery and ability.

For Monza, I think they should swap its calendar position with Imola, let's have a slightly colder, possibly damper Monza and a hotter Imola to punish the tyres and push the strategies a bit more.

What about just changing the layout?

I wouldn't mind seeing a race at Misano.

I wouldn't mind seeing a race at Misano.
I think Misano would just be too tight, too short, just doesn't seem like it would suit these cars.

Regarding the safety csr, would the BTCC rule be too far fetched for F1? I know fuel would be a consideration of course but they add up to 3 extra laps to the race distance in BTCC due to safety cars to ensure we don't lose too many racing laps from those incidents.

Ferrari fans are booing Max 🤣

God I love Italian fans.
A bunch of them were abusing and harassing Verstappen fans earlier, so maybe love them a little bit less.

And yes, a bunch of Verstappen fans were abusing and harassing other drivers' fans (and women and girls indiscriminately) previously in other races, but that doesn't excuse it.

If you don't have anything to cheer for, you might as well be a sore loser.
They could cheer about the fact Ferrari took maximum FACC points, with Mercedes second...

Last edited:
A bunch of them were abusing and harassing Verstappen fans earlier, so maybe love them a little bit less.

And yes, a bunch of Verstappen fans were abusing and harassing other people (and women and girls) previously in other races, but that doesn't excuse it.
F1 fanbase turning into football. Awful. You'd have thought 2020 would remind people to just enjoy going to races rather than being nasty bullies ruining it.

I'd much rather see Mugello and Monza alternate and keep Imola on the calendar as is. With these cars I think Mugello would be quite entertaining.
Better to alternate between Imola and Mugello and keep Monza on the calendar every year. While Monza doesn’t produce the best racing, it is lightyears ahead of Imola in terms of the amount of overtakes it produces and the amount of places where overtaking is reasonably possible; Monza has T1 and 4, while only T2 (Tamburello) is the only place at Imola when you can realistically get past a driver. Overtakes at Tosa are about as rare as overtakes at that one slow banked turn in Zandvoort’s first sector.

Last edited:

The thing I see with his DRS1 & 2 zones is that he seems to be suggesting using Princess-Grace Avenue. Bit more than just resurfacing the roads; lot of renovations needed as people park up on the sidewalk just make room in some parts. Not particularly friendly for side-by-side action to pass.
huh.jpg

De Vries has put a good case for himself for 2023 so that's... in about three hours or so.

Meanwhile, Russell is now 7 points away from Perez and only 16 away from Leclerc...

That said, I kinda doubt Latifi is going to be booted before the season is out. Williams may not need his money, but I'm sure there's enough of it that they'd rather not give any back by breaking his contract mid-season.
Indeed, they'll put up with him until the end of the season but these races since the chassis change were supposed to be his "prove to us you deserve the seat" races. Suffice to say, he's rather failed.

Back