Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio d'Italia 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 156 comments
Has viewership for each race been available this season? Would possibly give an indication that Liberty may or may not do anything unless they’re fully content with the races selling out.
Per race TV viewers are slightly up on last year in the US except for Miami. There was a drop for the Miami race this year over last year as it was boosted by being a debut and drew in extra interest in 2022.

Can't see much data elsewhere for 2023. In general for 2022 worldwide F1 has grown with drive to survive adding to the interest, people seem more engaged. Sky F1 UK has seen growth in people paying to watch after a long time being flat before 2021.

Last edited:
What the heck is with the double wide white line on the turn 7 exit??

Would they want to make things more consistent to the sport improves it's credibility after the last few years of inconsistent stewarding?

Nah not much happening in the sport, lets add variety with rule implementation?

what a joke - it's so depressing as a long time fan.

The old racist is at it again:

“We know that he has problems in qualifying, he has fluctuations in form, he is South American and he is just not as completely focused in his head as Max is or as Sebastian."
Not only ignorant of geography (again; this is literally the second time he's made this same "gaffe") but also F1 history.

His "clarification" is just as moronic:

"It wasn't meant that way. I meant that a Mexican has a different mentality than a German or a Dutchman. But who knows, maybe it's controlled."

The old racist is at it again:

Not only ignorant of geography (again; this is literally the second time he's made this same "gaffe") but also F1 history.

His "clarification" is just as moronic:
It's disgusting. So many detractors that say racism doesn't exist anymore yet its right in everybodies faces. Red Bull have a very toxic culture nurtured by this disgusting person. F1 needs to step up - other sports don't allow this anymore.

It's disgusting. So many detractors that say racism doesn't exist anymore yet its right in everybodies faces. Red Bull have a very toxic culture nurtured by this disgusting person. F1 needs to step up - other sports don't allow this anymore.

I reckon Fl will leave anything this alone on the basis of any extra media coverage is good coverage?
I think they should make a statement and apply a penalty to RedBull so the team has motivation to stop such BS statements.

Unfortunately I think the toxic culture isn't limited to Red Bull... I think there is a broader issue of polemics and toxicity among discussion with pundits and punters. So many click bait articles are divisive and split opinions and pitch fans on one driver against another - it's not allowed to be a fan of Verstappen and a fan of Hamilton... but the toxic cutlure in Red Bull does seem worse and a special situation of flockwittery.

I think the media should stop asking questions to Marko and keep microphones away from him, or just say he didn't have anything useful to say - he is too old to change and everyone knows by now that he is a special one - I just don't see the benefit of publishing the comments?

Marko and Horner are the main reason why I really dislike red bull as a team. What I'm very surprised about in this whole thing with Marko is why hasn't this guy been "cancelled" already. Some people get cancelled for just breathing and yet this guy has pushed the boundaries over and over but he is still there.

Back