Formula 1 Qatar Airways Qatar Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 175 comments
They need a new range of punishments for penalties.

Start in wrong grid spot: +10s
Take someone out: +10s
2x Track Limits: +10s

Makes no sense.

Last edited:
They need a new range of punishments for penalties.

Start in wrong grid spot: +10s
Take someone out: +10s
2x Track Limits: +10s

Makes no sense.
They penalize on the action, not the outcome. Phrasing it as “taking someone out” instead of “Causing a collision” shows you know better.

no hands.png

Russell letting go off the steering wheel down most of the straight.

I don't envy any of the drivers out there tonight... looked hot as balls.

Another good show from McLaren. Closing up on Alonso doing all of Aston's heavy lifting.

Solid recovery from Russell.

Whoa, double Alfa points!

nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.gif

Jeez, even at the tail end where Checo has the ability to score some sort of points over Lewis, he gets another penalty and walks away with just 1 point.

I see Max already against it but I think they should keep this setup more often. Those mandatory max laps per tires did make this a bit more entertaining to watch. It was chaotic but the driver did push more throughout the race.

I see Max already against it but I think they should keep this setup more often. Those mandatory max laps per tires did make this a bit more entertaining to watch. It was chaotic but the driver did push more throughout the race.
Nah, I think it's too artificial, and takes away a lot of the strategy. It's good to have the occasional race where someone makes an alternate strategy work, or when one of the favorites makes a wrong call.
I would take more races with very high tire wear though

Be careful Lewis! You have a chance to snatch the Runner-up spot from Perez remember. I believe he can do it though.
If it wasn't for this move he would have probably made some serious inroad on Perez and really open up the gap to Ferrari. Maybe not a popular opinion but I think Russell deserve at least 20-25% blame for that incident at the start cause I think he said on the radio that he didn't see Lewis there.

Nah, I think it's too artificial, and takes away a lot of the strategy. It's good to have the occasional race where someone makes an alternate strategy work, or when one of the favorites makes a wrong call.
I would take more races with very high tire wear though
I'm not saying to keep it permanently, just in some instances like this race today. Put a max tire life depending on tire compounds and let's see what the strategist come up with. It was different watching all the driver pushing flat-out in the race.

This one was bit of a snoozefest.

Either way, so happy to see McLaren finally bouncing back after years of struggle. Gotta feel for Sargeant now, the pressure is immense.

Back