Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 217 comments
After digesting what happened for a bit, I'm just going to be stoked that McLaren finally put some points on the board, and leave it at that.

this-is-fine.gif

To have a marshall here who has been trackside providing a valuable insight into the workings of an F1 race is (to me) brilliant.

To have his insight poo emoji'd is (to me) disrespectful.

I get the horrible idea that the FIA are trying to create artificial drama by having late-race restarts, under the pretext it prevents any sort of race "fixing" between/within teams. The irony of that is it creates artificial results. As said before, use the safety car in a need for marshal safety, and use the red flag for serious incidents and absolute dangers.

At Monaco in 2013, there was a late red flag since the track was blocked. The race could have ended at that point, since it was well past 75%, but the teams could change tires and we had a sprint race to the finish. It's set an awful precedent for further races.

I'm starting to get a little fed up with this. I like the sport because the components of chaos are the human skill, emotion, mechanical mayhem, and the endurance were bound by a mostly-consistent application of the rules and regulations. Ignoring the latter part puts this sport on par with entertainment-based "sports".

Sheesh, I'm starting feel sorry for Max Verstappen.

Last edited:

Interesting poll results, majority feel it should have ended under SC, but it's hardly overwhelming.

Interesting poll results, majority feel it should have ended under SC, but it's hardly overwhelming.
Looking at multiple F1 forums on the internet, there seems to be a majority consensus that the red flags were used to artificially spice things up. Even the BBC HYS (which is the worst of them) thought that too. Baku up next which means at least 2 red flags. Wonder if the local betting shop has odds on that?

Back