Formula 1 Rolex British Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 336 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 returns to Silverstone for what is unfortunately potentially the last race at the home of British motor racing. The British and the Italian Grands Prix are the only races that have been on the calendar in every season, so we will hopefully hear an announcement of a new deal (please). One of the best tracks on the calendar for seeing a Formula 1 car at its best and home to thrilling races all through the many eras of the sport, Silverstone will hopefully serve up another cracking race. Lewis Hamilton always turns up here, and it will be amazing if anyone can beat him if he doesn't have any outside assistance this weekend. Funny weather is always a risk here, so be wary. The controversial Turn 1 DRS zone has been removed after Grosjean and Ericsson had some nasty and pointless crashes due to the zone. Oh, and the track has been completely resurfaced within the last month, so who knows how that's going to affect everyone. Another uncertainty to add to the mix, as we've just had the incredible Austrian Grand Prix, we can only hope the excitement continues as we head into the British Grand Prix.
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length

5.891km

Race Distance
306.198 km

Lap Record
1:30.621 Lewis Hamilton (2017)

(Oh and yes, I am marshalling here again this year. I'll post updates if anything happens on my post)

Get your popcorn out.

Good riddance. They were an embarrassment for Haas with their low-IQ social media manager (probably Storey himself if RE can even pay to have someone do it) who kept on causing controversy and attacking everyone with even an ounce of criticism.

I still have hope Haas can come back into the midfield fight, even if it isn't until after the summer break.

Good. We don't need a city circuit as a novelty. If they want the excitement of racing back, move the grass and gravel traps closer to the track itself, if Monaco gets the pass, tracks like Silverstone need to stay as well. Heritage.

Get your popcorn out.

Their money probably dried up. Or their back room deals were finished early and the money has been laundered. Time for Haas to get a proper sponsor from an actual company.

Haas did it to themselves. Literally everyone was saying how much of a scam clown show Rich Energy seemed to be, but a check cleared somehow I guess.

Haas did it to themselves. Literally everyone was saying how much of a scam clown show Rich Energy seemed to be, but a check cleared somehow I guess.

As long as they pay the agreed amounts to Haas (and they seem to have done so up until now) it doesn't really matter. When you say "literally everyone" might I respectfully suggest that you literally don't understand these words? :D

Haas is reduce to scrapping with Williams, and McLaren looks to head the midfield from now on. More change!

It gets even better:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144709/rich-energy-investors-trying-to-salvage-haas-deal

Sources have told Autosport that the Tweet was either written or authorised by CEO William Storey, without the knowledge of the drinks firm's investors after an apparent difference of opinion.

The shareholders are keen to protect their investment in the brand, and that includes saving the relationship with Haas, as Wednedsday's Twitter statement has already damaged Rich's reputation.

They really should just stop Tweeting at this point.

So the highlight of the year so far is a company not knowing whether they're sponsoring a team or not. Which sums up the on-track action, really.

Still, it's not like there's any other British sporting action on this Sunday or anything...

Haas was touted as the cream of the midfield in many pre-season prognostications. Nothing much was expected of sad sack, laughingstock McLaren. How that has gone net upside-down is the biggest surprise for me.

Has a sponsor ever been banned from Formula 1 before? Because I could actually see this escalating to the point where Rich Energy gets the Andrea Moda treatment if they don't get Storey's Twitter tantrums reined in really fast.
Andrea Moda was the team, though. They did an awful lot to get banned compared to some bad tweets and shoddy finances. They perpetually failed to qualify, swapped drivers to the limit (only 4 drivers in a year can drive for your team) trying to get a quick buck, then when they weren't allowed to do it again, sabotaged Perry McCarthy multiple times to an unsafe degree. Then the owner got arrested for fraud.

I dont think you can ban a sponsor, but I am pretty sure these guys banned themselves more or less with this while debacle. I thought it was a troll account at first glance.

Back