Formula 1 Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Jimlaad43, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Formula 1 returns to Silverstone for what is unfortunately potentially the last race at the home of British motor racing. The British and the Italian Grands Prix are the only races that have been on the calendar in every season, so we will hopefully hear an announcement of a new deal (please). One of the best tracks on the calendar for seeing a Formula 1 car at its best and home to thrilling races all through the many eras of the sport, Silverstone will hopefully serve up another cracking race. Lewis Hamilton always turns up here, and it will be amazing if anyone can beat him if he doesn't have any outside assistance this weekend. Funny weather is always a risk here, so be wary. The controversial Turn 1 DRS zone has been removed after Grosjean and Ericsson had some nasty and pointless crashes due to the zone. Oh, and the track has been completely resurfaced within the last month, so who knows how that's going to affect everyone. Another uncertainty to add to the mix, as we've just had the incredible Austrian Grand Prix, we can only hope the excitement continues as we head into the British Grand Prix.
    [​IMG]
    First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length

5.891km

Race Distance
    306.198 km

Lap Record
    1:30.621 Lewis Hamilton (2017)

(Oh and yes, I am marshalling here again this year. I'll post updates if anything happens on my post)

jaytmtb and Dotini like this.
  2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

3. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

I really wasn't sure this would happen. It seemed like proper eyeball-to-eyeball negotiation that could signal the beginning of the end of "traditional" F1. Good for the BRDC. And Liberty, of course.

barryf1fan likes this.
  4. Rossell2

Rossell2

Get your popcorn out.

TenEightyOne likes this.
  5. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

Good riddance. They were an embarrassment for Haas with their low-IQ social media manager (probably Storey himself if RE can even pay to have someone do it) who kept on causing controversy and attacking everyone with even an ounce of criticism.

I still have hope Haas can come back into the midfield fight, even if it isn't until after the summer break.

6. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

I'm trying so hard to contain my laughter. The butthurt is so strong hahaha

NotThePrez likes this.
  7. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

One of my Facebook friends has just posted this image. An appropriate new livery perhaps?
    [​IMG]

F1LMFan, Firehuntah and ThePotatoKing like this.
  8. andrea

andrea

Peter Windsor intensifies.

9. Daniel

Daniel Premium

I would love for Whyte Bikes to grab a sponsorship deal with Haas. Would result in some great marketing for both companies. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    F1LMFan, Northstar and Jimlaad43 like this.
  10. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

Good. We don't need a city circuit as a novelty. If they want the excitement of racing back, move the grass and gravel traps closer to the track itself, if Monaco gets the pass, tracks like Silverstone need to stay as well. Heritage.

Their money probably dried up. Or their back room deals were finished early and the money has been laundered. Time for Haas to get a proper sponsor from an actual company.

11. FoxMulder

FoxMulder

Haas did it to themselves. Literally everyone was saying how much of a scam clown show Rich Energy seemed to be, but a check cleared somehow I guess.

12. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

myworld Haas coming up soon?

13. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

As long as they pay the agreed amounts to Haas (and they seem to have done so up until now) it doesn't really matter. When you say "literally everyone" might I respectfully suggest that you literally don't understand these words? :D

14. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

15. Daniel

Daniel Premium

16. Silent Drifter

Silent Drifter Premium

Things are getting interesting! I want to see this on Drive to Survive Season 2

Rossell2 likes this.
  17. Dotini

Dotini Premium

Haas is reduce to scrapping with Williams, and McLaren looks to head the midfield from now on. More change!

18. Rossell2

Rossell2

I said get your popcorn out, didn't I? :lol:

19. Moglet

Moglet Premium

It gets even better:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144709/rich-energy-investors-trying-to-salvage-haas-deal

They really should just stop Tweeting at this point.

Silent Drifter likes this.
  20. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Yellowbeard and C-ZETA like this.
  21. C-ZETA

C-ZETA

So the highlight of the year so far is a company not knowing whether they're sponsoring a team or not. Which sums up the on-track action, really.

Still, it's not like there's any other British sporting action on this Sunday or anything...

22. Silent Drifter

Silent Drifter Premium

Sadly, this is probably what I'll remember the 2019 season for.

23. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

24. Dotini

Dotini Premium

Haas was touted as the cream of the midfield in many pre-season prognostications. Nothing much was expected of sad sack, laughingstock McLaren. How that has gone net upside-down is the biggest surprise for me.

25. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Apparently Rich Energy does not have control of their Twitter account at the moment

TenEightyOne likes this.
  26. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Ah, that old chestnut.

27. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Twitter's gone down. So we can't see the most recent Tweet from them.

28. Peter.

Peter.

Andrea Moda was the team, though. They did an awful lot to get banned compared to some bad tweets and shoddy finances. They perpetually failed to qualify, swapped drivers to the limit (only 4 drivers in a year can drive for your team) trying to get a quick buck, then when they weren't allowed to do it again, sabotaged Perry McCarthy multiple times to an unsafe degree. Then the owner got arrested for fraud.

I dont think you can ban a sponsor, but I am pretty sure these guys banned themselves more or less with this while debacle. I thought it was a troll account at first glance.

29. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

The rabbit hole is deeper than we originally thought.

bruh I cant.png

30. Rossell2

Rossell2

The above tweet, I may take a while to try and unpack it.