Formula 1 Rolex British Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 336 comments
Andrea Moda was the team, though. They did an awful lot to get banned compared to some bad tweets and shoddy finances.
Oh, I'm aware of that. I meant that I felt Storey could be capable of flinging enough excrement in enough directions that F1 might consider it disreputable to have Rich Energy involved in any capacity and bar them from participating. He's already taken swipes at F1 claiming politics and "PC attitude" were holding them down.

Judging by that latest tweet though, now I have a feeling things on Rich's end may implode long before then.

Another classic press conference:

For context, Norris jokingly linked Mansell's relative large overseas popularity compared to Hamilton's due to his moustache and said he could'nt grow one himself so Ricciardo asked if he even had pubes yet.

Another classic press conference:

For context, Norris jokingly linked Mansell's relative large overseas popularity compared to Hamilton's due to his moustache and said he could'nt grow one himself so Ricciardo asked if he even had pubes yet.

So that's what was said! The video I saw didn't specify what was said.

This Rich Energy saga pretty much deserves its own thread because it's like Moneytron, Broker, Anthony Weiner, and a three high schoolers made up their own fan-fic of sponsor up and lit this sack of crap ablaze on the sport's largest stage, and it shouldn't be anywhere near as funny as it's turning out. Where's Giedo van der Garde when you need him?

I'm still not entirely sure if they're a soft drink company, oil magnate, jewelry concessionaire, rifle accessory manufacturer, or someone named Dick who needed to launder a few trailers of imaginary cash.

It's being reported that Storey has been ousted from the board by King et. al., don't know yet how true it is but there's a lot of money represented (if not necessarily invested) in that company amongst the various big names and I can't see them letting their work go to **** because of Storey's Twitter idiocy.

Having walked across a bit of it now, I can confirm that the new tarmac at Silverstone looks awesome and I hope it isn't bumpy at other points.

The track on the two DRS straights has been made a bit narrower by a metre, so the white lines at the side aren't as straight as they were before, in case that kind of thing bothers you.

So now it’s a conspiracy of Whyte Bikes and RedBull against Storey / Rich Energy? This keeps getting better and better *eats popcorn*

Meanwhile watching FP1, why the ** is Grosjean still at Haas / in F1?! Spinning IN the pitlane damaging the car...

Anyway, Drive to Survive season 2 is going to be epic :D

There seems to be a lack of grip at certain parts of the track, 3 spins on the new tarmac so far.

Edit

And Kimi broke something in his car. Rattling in the rear.

This Rich Energy saga pretty much deserves its own thread because it's like Moneytron, Broker, Anthony Weiner, and a three high schoolers made up their own fan-fic of sponsor up and lit this sack of crap ablaze on the sport's largest stage, and it shouldn't be anywhere near as funny as it's turning out. Where's Giedo van der Garde when you need him?

I'm still not entirely sure if they're a soft drink company, oil magnate, jewelry concessionaire, rifle accessory manufacturer, or someone named Dick who needed to launder a few trailers of imaginary cash.

Didn't the guy who owned Footwork get arrested on fraud charges? Someone Japanese involved in F1 sponsorship was running a fraudulent bank. This was around the same time Didier Calmels, the partner in what was originally Larrousse & Calmels, was arrested for murder.

The late 1980s was a wild time for F1 backmarkers. Rich Energy is taking us back there.

Silverstone, Austria...

D_Q4GjwVUAAHwaq.jpg

Tbh I can understand Rich being annoyed at the performance, I mean to expect better than RB was stupid but to expect better than last bar Williams is reasonable. And considering Williams current issues you can just take that as last.

However what is also true is Rich Energy are about to fold and the CEO is trying to get as many savings as they can.

Last edited:
Tbh I can understand Rich being annoyed at the performance, I mean to expect better than RB was stupid but to expect better than last bar Williams is reasonable. And considering Williams current issues you can just take that as last.

That's kind-of a separate issue - at the moment it seems completely unclear who's in charge at Rich Energy. Even to the board of Rich Energy.

If there was ever a list of weird F1 sponsors, Rich Energy would definitely be one of them. They're running into tonnes of legal trouble for more than one reason, and I say good riddance if they don't want to sponsor Haas. This whole situation is straight-up confusing; as if Steiner didn't have enough on his plate. I would be looking for another sponsor who doesn't have a horrible and confusing brand image.

If there was ever a list of weird F1 sponsors, Rich Energy would definitely be one of them. They're running into tonnes of legal trouble for more than one reason, and I say good riddance if they don't want to sponsor Haas. This whole situation is straight-up confusing; as if Steiner didn't have enough on his plate. I would be looking for another sponsor who doesn't have a horrible and confusing brand image.
Like Whyte Bikes?

Rich Energy saga aside....did they show Steiner's reaction to Grosjean's crash at the pit Lane exit? I could only read the highlight of the practices and I'm wondering if it was as hilarious as the one seen on that Netflix documentary when Grosjean crashed his car behind the safety car in Baku last year! :lol:

Vettel has been horrific, I wonder if he is actually thinking about quiting because that looked like someone who has lost motivation, he is never that far behind a team mate, even if it isn't his day.

Vettel has been horrific, I wonder if he is actually thinking about quiting because that looked like someone who has lost motivation, he is never that far behind a team mate, even if it isn't his day.

Do we know if he had a specific issue? He'd had some DRS problem earlier in the session but I would think it would cause a large time loss than he suffered in Q3.

Both Ferrari's start on the soft tyres, Vettel because he wasn't fast enough on the yellows, and Leclerc because he was a dumbass and improved his already fast enough yellow tyre time.

Back