Formula 1 Rolex Magyar Nagydíj 2021

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 555 comments
I don't think you can really blame Verstappen for a poor result when he was wiped out at the start and only made the second start through judicious use of duct tape. It was surprising he could even continue, and even then he was missing a bargeboard (which generates a significant amount of downforce as it channels air over the sidepods towards the rear wing) in his taped-together car.

Even a point is a good result.

Edit: Vettel summoned to the stewards for his choice of podium attire :lol: Top trolling.
Exactly. Verstappen was in the wrong place going into turn 1 and had nothing to do with Bottas wiping out everyone.

Edit: Vettel summoned to the stewards for his choice of podium attire :lol: Top trolling.
What was wrong with it? Can't recall anything standing out to me. Or is this about the rainbow facemask? (in which case, seriously?!)

Edit: looked it up, it wasn't for the podium, it was for pre-race national anthem
The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 5 (Sebastian Vettel) and team representative.
The driver explained that he forgot to take off the WRAO t-shirt in time during the national anthem because of the onset of rain.

Last edited:
weird to se the lack of people saying on social media that drivers shouldnt be allowed to repair their cars under a red flag this week, compared to two weeks ago

I thought we all agreed that the rule needed to be changed? ;^]
To be fair, Max' car wasn't exactly repaired afterwards 😄

I think it's not a realistic thing to change anyway. It would be stupid and dangerous to send out a damaged car after a red flag, and it would also be dumb to be required to retire the car if the team could fix it.

That was a fantastic race. Absolutely ecstatic with Ocon getting his first win and seeing him and the team so happy. Alonso with the lift-up bearhug also brought a smile to my face.

Lewis with a banger of a race back to third, Vettel with a banger of a..."I'm just not going to go anywhere near this carnage" and maintain second. Really want to see him win a race again but I'd imagine this is already doing wonders for his overall well-being. And, of course, Alonso with the fantastic result and defensive moves on Hamilton — 🤬 that was great to watch.

That was a fantastic race. Absolutely ecstatic with Ocon getting his first win and seeing him and the team so happy. Alonso with the lift-up bearhug also brought a smile to my face.

Lewis with a banger of a race back to third, Vettel with a banger of a..."I'm just not going to go anywhere near this carnage" and maintain second. Really want to see him win a race again but I'd imagine this is already doing wonders for his overall well-being. And, of course, Alonso with the fantastic result and defensive moves on Hamilton — 🤬 that was great to watch.
Don't forget a double Williams point finish. Russell was literally crying with happiness in the interviews afterwards

E7t1-IxXMAc3WH6.jpg

Don't forget a double Williams point finish. Russell was literally crying with happiness in the interviews afterwards
I so very badly wanted Latifi to stay in third. I was actually pretty upset when he pitted and fell to 7th. :lol:

Still, you're right because that's definitely another well-deserved bright spot.

What was wrong with it? Can't recall anything standing out to me. Or is this about the rainbow facemask? (in which case, seriously?!)

Edit: looked it up, it wasn't for the podium, it was for pre-race national anthem
Vettel has also been referred to the stewards for not providing a fuel sample after the race.

Autosport are running that Vettel is being summoned to the stewards for being unable to provide a litre of fuel; his car was drained for just 300ml.

Edit: Treed

Last edited:
Vettel has also been referred to the stewards for not providing a fuel sample after the race.

Autosport are running that Vettel is being summoned to the stewards for being unable to provide a litre of fuel; his car was drained for just 300ml.

Edit: Treed
I hate everything. :D

I swear Mercedes think they can crash into their rivals and say thats ok it's racing 🤣

Great race to watch! Really shows how hard it is to overtake in this track considering how long it took the faster cars to get past the others, in a strange away the lack of overtaking on this track added to the spectacle. Great stuff.

From overhead it looks as if Bottas aimed at Verstappen.
I swear Mercedes think they can crash into their rivals and say thats ok it's racing 🤣
This is a complete fabrication. Both Red Bulls are on the opposite side of the track when Bottas makes contact. Can people ever make mistakes in this sport or is everything a conspiracy? And if it is why do you keep watching?
Screenshot_20210801-142403.png

This is a complete fabrication. Both Red Bulls are on the opposite side of the track when Bottas makes contact. Can people ever make mistakes in this sport or is everything a conspiracy? And if it is why do you keep watching?
View attachment 1071545
Never said it was a cosnpiracy?

I keep watching cause it is a sport I love.

Can people not take a joke instead of backing up their opinion with a screenshot of a grand prix everyone else just watched lol chill.

View attachment 1071545
Bottas would be the greatest driver in the world if he would be able to, on purpose, understeer into Norris in such a way that he and Norris both slid exactly into both RB cars.

He just misjudged the conditions, braked a bit too hard, and lost control. That's all.

Can people not take a joke instead of backing up their opinion with a screenshot of a grand prix everyone else just watched lol chill.
That's fair. As you can see from the other person I quoted, it's hard to tell who's actually going crazy and who's just making a joke. My bad.

Bottas would be the greatest driver in the world if he would be able to, on purpose, understeer into Norris in such a way that he and Norris both slid exactly into both RB cars.
Perhaps he is. Maybe Holly gave him the precise calculations needed to pull it off, but he went for his own trick shot.

(this niche joke brought to you by the letters "R" and "D", and the number "4")

That's fair. As you can see from the other person I quoted, it's hard to tell who's actually going crazy and who's just making a joke. My bad.
It's all good, a great race after all and I'm sure fans of every driver/team will have something to be upset about today, unless they are a fan of ocon or Williams of course.

Back