Formula 1 Rolex Magyar Nagydíj 2021

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 555 comments

I had my worries when he stopped on the slow down lap. I hope Russell wasn't parked at the end of pitlane for the same issue, unless he was told to stop so that there would be a litre left. Williams will still have 6 points from Latifi inheriting P7, though

Perhaps he is. Maybe Holly gave him the precise calculations needed to pull it off, but he went for his own trick shot.

(this niche joke brought to you by the letters "R" and "D", and the number "4")
They should probably breathalyse him then, if there are no beers in Bottas system then no way he pulled off the trick shot.

May as well DSQ Ocon and take a whiz on the track as well. Am I being overly dramatic? Of course I am. Is this still stupid? Absolutely.

Why didn't AM tell him to stop?

May as well DSQ Ocon and take a whiz on the track as well. Am I being overly dramatic? Of course I am. Is this still stupid? Absolutely.

Why didn't AM tell him to stop?
Apparantly it doesn't matter, if they stop on the in-lap the stewards take that into account in their calculations, they know why they're doing it.

Should deduct points from AM, not driver.... Shame...
The penalty makes sense, as harsh as it is. They may have been using illegal fuels, and this makes it impossible to check that. That's why the rule is there, and why it always results in a DQ.

Now, I don't believe they were using illegal fuels or anything, but the rule is there for a reason, and all teams know it exists.

Everything's coming up Russell!

The Simpsons Flirting GIF

I'm waiting for "takes out five cars = five place penalty; attempted murder = 10s penalty; 700ml too little fuel = DISQUALIFIED" memes.
Ah, I see you’ve been reading the silly comments on Reddit as well.

THAT'S WHAT VETTEL GETS FOR BEING GAY.

Seriously though, Aston Martin screwed Sebastian twice today. First with the pit stop and now this. Shame to what was an amazing race.

So I'm finally able to watch the race. here's a transposition of my reactions.

• Ooh rain
  • Great Start Norris, shame Bottas was useless. Red Bull completely unlucky.
  • What are the Williams' doing so high, I love it!
  • Red Flag lol
  • Lol why did Lewis stay out? USA 2005 but better
  • RUSSELL WTF!!!! YEAH AMAZING
  • Why did he have to give those places back
  • Lol Hamilton and Verstappen at the back.
  • Latifi running third is a meme in itself.
  • Ocon, Vettel Latifi would be an epic top 3.
  • What were Alfa Romeo doing? Mazepin was innocent there
  • Max passing Schumacher by passing the corner after going wide? Surely that's illegal because Spa 2008?
  • Latifi lost out a lot in the pit stops. Shame
  • Epic passes from HAM and RUS on TSU and MSC respectively
  • Vettel's stop looked poor
  • Ham second stop?
  • Phwoah Vettel and Ocon got close with those blue flags
  • AlphaTauri team orders why?
  • Hamilton could win? 4 passes on this track will be tough.
  • Alonso playing the team game to hold Lewis up there. 1 lap though, how many can he hold him up for.
  • Alonso is giving Ocon a wonderful gift with that defence
  • Top 2 have been so close but no action. If that was Lewis vs Max we's all complain it was boring, but because of the drivers and teams involved, who cares!
  • Williams both in the points? Please stay!
  • Lewis got past Sainz so quickly after Alonso.
Wow, Ocon win out of nowhere, well done to him and Alpine. Vettel great podium and Hamilton salvaged something out of a disastrous restart decision.

Double Williams points!!! And what a meme it is that Latifi beat Russell. It was always going to be that way. Lol, Latifi has scored more points in that race than George scored in a Mercedes.

Such a shame about Vettel - reminds me of Wehrlein's disqualification in the Formula E recently.

I see that Hamilton's medical issue may be related to Long Covid, really sad to hear he's suffering with it. Long Covid's put me in a wheelchair so it can be really nasty to put it mildly - really hope Hamilton isn't affected too badly by it and I send him all my best wishes for a speedy recovery. It also makes you wonder how Perez and Stroll are holding up after battling Covid last year.

Last edited:
Perhaps he is. Maybe Holly gave him the precise calculations needed to pull it off, but he went for his own trick shot.

(this niche joke brought to you by the letters "R" and "D", and the number "4")
Was he pished though?

And he didn't, so I'm not.
Hold up. Red flags usually come out after a serious crash where a driver may be harmed. Saying that it's "guaranteed" implies to me that someone will be harmed. Now you got upset when I wished for more accidents between Hamilton and Verstappen so why is this example different?

Anyway, Fernando Alonso saved this race for everyone. If it wasn't for his defense Hamilton would've won. What a great result for Alpine and the whole team from Enstone who haven't tasted victory for years!

Last edited:
It was surprising he could even continue, and even then he was missing a bargeboard (which generates a significant amount of downforce as it channels air over the sidepods towards the rear wing) in his taped-together car.
This goes to show that next years cars will be better without the aero dodads.
But if the floor is screwed, the car will be out of the race, unless a team can do a entire floor swap.

Back