Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 601 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 breathed a massive sigh of relief when images showed Romain Grosjean climbing out of an inferno as unscathed as he was. He survived what was probably the largest accident in F1 since Robert Kubica in Montreal, leaving the FIA to proudly display the results of years of Safety improvements to the sport. Grosjean will miss this race, but so will the new champion Lewis Hamilton after a positive COVID test. The sport stays at the Bahrain International Circuit for the third double-header in F1 history - although this time we get a new layout. The Outer circuit was one which most fans have been looking forward to ever since Ross Brawn suggested it. For only the second time in F1 history, we are expecting lap times to be under a minute in length. Can anyone go quicker than Niki Lauda's 00:58.790 at Dijon in 1974? The track effectively only has 6 real corners, all of which will put considerable strain on the left-rear tyre. With the abrasive surface forcing some drivers into 3-stop strategies last week, we could see even more stops this weekend. Let's hope this experiment works and we get a stunning race, just no more fireballs. Please. Monza 2.0 is here, it's the SAKHIR GRAND PRIX!
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
3.543km

Race Distance
307.995 km

Lap Record
IDK, but Nekrews51 did a 00:55.788 on his YouTube channel.​

When you consider the nature of the circuit and the fact that someone other than Hamilton is guaranteed to win, I think we could have a classic on our hands. It well feel a bit strange though, the last race I watched that Hamilton wasn't in was back in the Schumacher days!

Looks like we won't be seeing Hamilton score his 100th Pole Position this season. That will have to wait for 2021.

Also, Pietro Fittipaldi will be the first Brazilian driver since Massa in 2017.

Last edited:
Looks like we won't be seeing Hamilton score his 100th Pole Position this season. That will have to wait for 2021.

Also, Pietro Fittipaldi will be the first Brazilian driver since Massa in 2017.

Since Oscar Piastri is driving for Prema next year I'm assuming he'll be alongside Robert Shwartzmann and that Schumacher is already signed for Haas. Unless he hasn't yet in which case Fittipaldi could put himself in contention if he kills it in these two races, though I'm not holding my breath. His main claim to fame so far is getting pole in the Virtual Monaco Grand Prix that was accidentally set to heavy rain! :lol:

I expect a car with a Renault engine could do very well here. Possibly a podium.

Hopefully an orange Renault powered car, or maybe both.

Last edited:
I predict Bottas on pole hnless Hulk get the seat.

Then most likely Max or McLaren for the win.

Bottas doesn't have the race craft or starting ability to win anything this year it seems.

I wasn't expecting much from this race but with Lewis not in the picture, I'm actually getting super excited to watch it. This just seems like it will be a free for all and people are just going to go for that win...at least that's what I hope we'll get to see.
I'm not going to discount Bottas because when he has one of his "perfect" :rolleyes: weekend he can get the job done. If that doesn't happen, he'll probably get pole, then botch the start, drop back and get stuck in traffic like he's done so many times this year. I expect Max will probably be the one to win this even if I'm really wishing and rooting for Ricciardo :P.

This track is only 400 metres longer than Sandown, and seems quite similar in terms of overall flow. Should be fun.

I like Russell, but his performances when points have been on offer and the pressure's on have been worring... drifting off the track in Austria, crashing in Imola, his start last weekend... I just hope he doesn't blow the biggest chance he's ever had to show what he can do.

TBH I'm more excited to see Aitken gets his F1 debut. I've been following him for years on WTF1 and it's great to see him get his chance.

Roo
I like Russell, but his performances when points have been on offer and the pressure's on have been worring... drifting off the track in Austria, crashing in Imola, his start last weekend... I just hope he doesn't blow the biggest chance he's ever had to show what he can do.
Watch this race be the one where Hamilton's car finally has a reliability issue. If it weren't for Hamilton's gearbox failing in Austria 2018 and engine blowing up in Malaysia 2016, Hamilton would have had an unblemished race finishing record (in the points) stretching back to the race after Barcelona 2016!

This weekend is lose-lose for Bottas. If Russell beats him then it's an obvious lose, but if he beats Russell, all the haters are just going to say "nyeah, Bottas has driven that car all season, Russell just wasn't used to it."

Bottas needs to wipe the floor with Russell if he wants the media and fans to shut up.

This weekend is lose-lose for Bottas. If Russell beats him then it's an obvious lose, but if he beats Russell, all the haters are just going to say "nyeah, Bottas has driven that car all season, Russell just wasn't used to it."

Bottas needs to wipe the floor with Russell if he wants the media and fans to shut up.

I think Toto knows this very well, what a strategic move... and it was all the fans' idea.

Back