Formula 1 VTB Russian Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 232 comments
So I was kinda hoping HAM would win this just so we could be done with the incessant "Will Hamilton beat Schumacher's record!?!" discussions and features. Guess we've got another weekend at least of that.

This run-off area is just a joke. Trying to stay on track is actually disincentivised, it's better to actually just plant your foot, and run off.

Seems like Ocon got the result he wanted though

Ocon stopping on the apex of T2 to let his team-mate pass was pretty clumsy - it was slower than swapping positions in the middle of the straight, and it basically caused his team-mate to get a penalty

Not sure all these "technical" penalties are a good look on F1. That turn has been badly managed for years.

HAM seems to have lost about 7 seconds on top of his actual penality.

This run-off area is just a joke. Trying to stay on track is actually disincentivised, it's better to actually just plant your foot. and run off.
I agree and the bollards are placed in an unsafe manner. See Carlos' wreck. Don't put drivers in that position.

Max went around the bollards, the contentious part is that he probably could've made the corner but deliberately used the escape at high speed. Within the rules, though.

Yes that's the point I was trying to make - he would have lost more time had he stayed on track (as he easily could have done), instead of making a beeline to the bollards and re-joining right behind Ricciardo at high speed at the next corner.

There has to be a better solution, when you can get a 5 second penalty for a small mistake.

If they give him a Penalty point on his license for those infringements, especially if it's one each, he'll be on 10/12, if which none expire until Bahrain.
He got a penalty point for the first one, second one not yet confirmed

It really doesn’t matter at this point, nothing short of an act of god could cause Lewis to lose the championship.

There's 7 races left. As it stands Bottas is going to wipe out a third of Hamilton's points advantage. It doesn't take much.

Scratch that, I can't maths.

Last edited:
Roo
There's 7 races left. As it stands Bottas is going to wipe out a third of Hamilton's points advantage. It doesn't take much.
Hamilton has a 55 point lead, Bottas will only take back 11 points at the current standings

Back