• 71 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

TT#39 - Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap @ Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#39] - Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap @ Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Meh!!! PD's lack of imagination shines through once again with a repeating event, but we have some ready made tunes to hand at least. :indiff:
Surely they could have chosen another track for the FGT.

Last edited:
Last time it was a 1:41.0 gold lap, need 1 more second. Not a good sign they can't come up with a unique TT given the cars, tires, tracks available.

20150625_003046.jpg

...Not the easiest race, but not all that difficult either. The biggest problem was that I don't know this course well, and don't particularly like it in 700PP+ cars.. I psyched myself out after the 3rd lap at 1:40.047, and spent a half hour chasing that line around. Finally got a clean one on a restart and called it a night on this one.

Car was stock except for the gearbox, which I set to 211 mph. TCS 2, ABS 1. DS3

Last edited:
I guess it is to tie in with the actual British Grand Prix of Great Britannia which will be held at Silvastun in a week or so.
It amazes me they (PD) doesn't tie in more seasonal events with real world events when they have the track In GT6.

Still at least it is a dry track by the look of it.

Praino's tune, plus calming myself down got me 1:38 something. It wasn't any more fun for me this time around.

I'd be at work on a dreary Thursday and the thought of some new seasonals would be something to brighten a the day a tad,but just lately,well a dreary Thursday is better-I mean Silverstone again,Tokyo last time and the time before(ok so it was reverse-woo-hoo),with all the tracks in the game they can't use somewhere else? :grumpy:
At least its a car that doesn't get out much-small blessings and all that jazz.

I was going to skip this, then realised I had a Formula GT in my stockyard.

So got the car out, tried it stock first, did 10 laps and set a 1:47.0xx and that was pushing it. So though ok need a good tune. so looked for a good tune and after using shaunm80's tune for the TVR Touring car and liking it, I though I'd use his Formula GT tune with TC3, with this tune the Formula GT is amazing to drive, can carry so much more speed in the corners, it's so smooth and as a result I set a pretty decent time. So thank you shaunm80 for taking the time to make such a great tune.

f4po1w.jpg

Think i can go alot faster but will need to get used to the car with this track.​

Last edited:
I'm keen to use this tune tonight. I tried the race last night with a bone stock Formula car and couldn't even complete a lap. I was a bit tired, but still, the car was just horrible.
Same here. Last time I ran the car with stock suspension settings because it felt weird otherwise. :crazy: I struggled quite a bit to run a 1:33.1 last time, so it'd be great for me to get into the 1:32s.

Anyone who ever sees me racing with my wheel and so on, are in amazement at how good and fast I am.

Nobody can come close to me but then I have much more experience than any of my friends or family do.

Then I compare myself to some of you guys, and I feel like I am less than a novice :ouch: I suppose there is a trick to this game that I just havent mastered yet.s I can almost always get the gold but sometimes I have to cheat and put on that setting, forgot what it is called, stability setting.

I wonder if a game is being prepared for PS4 or the new Xbox?

Managed to get Gold Bone stock TCS=0 ABS=0 DS=3 1m39.367
_ a lot more can be cut off that.
Once I had done the lap, I realised I had been trying for the slowest times in the world of late... which that lap of opposite lock and short shifting kind of scuppered.
ho hum.
The replay looked like a moody French film Noire - so much smoke.

Ryk
Managed to get Gold Bone stock TCS=0 ABS=0 DS=3 1m39.367
_ a lot more can be cut off that.
Once I had done the lap, I realised I had been trying for the slowest times in the world of late... which that lap of opposite lock and short shifting kind of scuppered.
ho hum.
The replay looked like a moody French film Noire - so much smoke.
Sound like you had smoke machine with you
I did not try yet but I might have two smoke machines one on each sides:D:D:D:D

3 laps, 1:36:5, stock tune (increased a little weight thou). It really does feel like there is a lot of time to shave off, and some of the times posted here are proof, you guys are fast!

Time to tune :gtpflag:

Edit: 1:33:6 after a bit of tuning.

Last edited:
Back