• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
1 FGT.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration:
28/08/2014 – 11/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 28/08/2014 – 25/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Formula Gran Turismo

Entry Requirements:
PP: 880 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less.
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted.

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.200,000
Silver: Cr.85,000
Bronze: Cr.65,000

Gift(s):
Gold: Gold Chrome paint chip. (previously GT GUNMETAL 006-W, PD changed the reward.)

Target Time:
Gold: 1:41.000
Silver: 1:45.000
Bronze: 1:55.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Track Length: 5,891 m
Time of day: 10:00
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Formula Gran Turismo - Betty blue

Formula Gran Turismo - Motor City Hami

Formula Gran Turismo - SW__10

Formula Gran Turismo - DaBomb330

Formula Gran Turismo - Konnichiwa

Formula Gran Turismo - praiano63

Formula Gran Turismo - shaunm80

Formula Gran Turismo - BenMillard

Formula Gran Turismo - RyanRacer

Formula Gran Turismo - bengolding94

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Well done mate 👍, that's one solid lap.
Thanks. Silverstone is one of the few tracks where I can put a decent lap together in my first few laps. And the FGT is one of the few cars I can do that in also. So it's a pretty good combo for me:lol:

1:34.745 for 13th place with a DS3 and a self made tune... I have to admit that the car is really tricky :D

Last edited:
Well, I don't own this car yet - I have enough trouble with lesser powered vehicles - but I've often thought of buying one just to see what it's like. I guess now is as good a time as any to drop the credits on one. I hear ya @t_wilson01, I don't know how well this TT matches up with my skill level. Yes, I was able to gold the TT at Spa with the Senna Lotus, but my time was nothing to brag about. I just hope I can at least get Gold on this event. Time to fire up the PS3 and give it a shot. See ya on the other side people...

EDIT: Oh, if anyone feels like providing a quick base tune for turtles like me, I'd be most appreciative! :D:dunce::bowdown:

I will try praiano's tune tomorrow, I think my best time will be a mid-high 1:32 if I actually try it during the valid period.

And I predict the best time to be a high 1:28

Goal for the night: do not fall lower than the top 500 :D

I have both paint chips already and I don't need the credits either, so I'll simply do these new events for fun. :cheers:

After lotus 97t and this laguna TT my account shows under 500. 000cr. Restoring cars and pouring oil what seems like a deep well...

I think not much more than month a go I had like 10 000 000 cr and never believeved this day will come. Guess it's a life of a TT addict :lol:

Ok, how to get fast and fun cr? I hate every stupid redbull car so let's forget them ok!!

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
et_
There is 3 in the OP you could try;)
Ahh...I don't know how I missed that. Well done, @et_! I'm psyched to try the @shaunm80 tune. I'm a big fan of Exeter's Tuning Garage. His tunes seem to work very well with my driving style.

I took my first laps with Praiano's Tune applied (is there ANY car that he hasn't developed a tune for? :D).. Anyway, I went into Arcade Mode just to throw a few practice laps out on the track. Bad move... When I was satisfied with my time (a few seconds under gold) I went into the Seasonal Event. The car behaved completely different from my Arcade Mode laps. My tires did not feel as grippy. Then I noticed the TT takes place at 10:00. My practice runs were probably ran in warmer weather. doh!

It took only a couple of laps to get gold regardless. 1:39.145 for now. I'll work on bettering that time later. Good luck everyone!

Finally my FGT gets some miles on it. Not just collecting dust..
Got gold on my 3rd lap. Had to get used to the car and tune a bit the wings so its a bit stable during the high speed corners.
I think i did a 1.38.7

I only use ABS 1... The only reason I recommend NOT using driving aids is because you're eventually going to come across events that don't allow them. You don't want to be so dependent on them that you can't drive without them turned on. When I started GT6 it was my first go around with ANY driving sim/game and I kept the Driving Line turned on because it came on by default and I thought it was helping me. Everyone on GTPlanet encouraged me to turn that thing off and I'm glad I listened. I've become a much better driver without it. I'd say the same holds true to using the other driving aids.

But, if you're only in it for a casual, fun time do not let anyone try to bully you into driving any way that you're not comfortable driving. Do what you enjoy the most. If you're looking to "get better", however, I would encourage you to drive without them. Occasionally TC 1 might be used by some "seasoned drivers" but I think that's about it. I never use it. Maybe others will chime in with their advice.

Good luck!

Oh god. I feel a headache coming on!

Are people using any aids?
Well I dropped the 2mil for the car, threw AS on Strong, TCS on 7, ABS on 10...got Gold + 700,000 credits and retired that car to the back of my garage for a net loss of 1.3mil?!? Cars like this are far too finicky for me and the DS3.

Finally my FGT gets some miles on it. Not just collecting dust..
Got gold on my 3rd lap. Had to get used to the car and tune a bit the wings so its a bit stable during the high speed corners.
I think i did a 1.38.7
How do you adjust the wings?

Cars like this are far too finicky for me and the DS3.
I am absolutely amazed that any of you play this game and do as well as you do with a DS3 controller. I wouldn't have even purchased GT6 if my buddy didn't give me his old DFGT when he got rid of his PS3 for an XBox One. All the power to you who kick my butt with the DS3. If you all had steering wheels I shudder to think what you might accomplish!

Back