Formula Gran Turismo World Chanpionship - Winning Setup For You :)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 148 comments

Sirtokealot

(Banned)
Make sure you have fresh oil, I also had a engine rebuild just before this race, because i had been grinding for 10k miles on endurance races with this car.

Also my B-spec driver is Level 27, so if your a lower level, it might take you a little longer to get first, but the car setup is perfect for you. Give your best driver a break for a few races unitl his status is a blue upward arrow before using him for this race.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 261MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5
Extension Dampers Front - 8
Extension Dampers Rear - 8
Compression Dampers Front - 6
Compression Dampers Rear - 6

You will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5

Again you will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. You will hit the rev limit just before the end of the straight. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 3

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 199MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Wow, this one is a ball ache, but with such a low gear ratio you will overtake on the short straights and through the tight corners. I had 3rd on lap 2, but first place didnt come till i was on lap 7 but then run away with it for the rest of the race. I also upped the breaks for this race. Twice in testing, the AI spun out and caused a pile up, which can be a bit of a nightmare to come back from, but its still possible.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

This one is childs play. I used the same setup as race 3 but upped the top speed. I pushed my guy too hard on lap 1 and he spun off 3 times. but he took first again before the end of lap 2. Simples :)

Race 5

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Another easy race, you can have first place within 2 laps, there are loads of good straights to take places on this race.

Race 6

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Exact same setup as before, you will push your way to the front in no time at all.

A good tip, at the start of each, as soon as you start, when the clock starts to count you in 3,2,1 - Tell your driver to increase pace and he will get a good clean start, which is essential for this series of races.

Good luck, show some love for my work and leave some rep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot. With my level 30 bob he took first place in the first minute with this setup. I'll let you know how he finishes the series.

It sucks you only win 19k for each race. WTF? This is 37 laps.

NVM, I'm not paying enough attention and it just goes to the amount of points won so I can't see the times. This sucks

I'll mark my progress through this series. I'm watching TV/doing hw while I'm doing this series, so rarely am I giving him any instructions. My Bob is level 30 and is about 80% to the right on the cold/hot bar. I'm going to edit it as I go.

Race 1:
Total race time:
Best Lap:
Time I won by:

I pitted lap 19 because it's a little over half way and the gas I started with wouldn't have finished the race. He has fresh tires going into the last 18 laps. Only dropped to 6th place by pitting.

Race 2:
Total race time:
Best Lap:
Time I won by:

Race 3:
Total race time:
Best Lap:
Time I won by:

Race 4:
Total race time:
Best Lap:
Time I won by:

Race 5:
Total race time:
Best Lap:
Time I won by:

Race 6:
Total race time:
Best Lap:
Time I won by:

Last edited:
Also, it'd be nice to see where you pit, how long the races took, and how much you beat 2nd place by(if you won).

with these settings, it wont matter when you pit. You will have such a lead that you can pit twice if you want. On a few races I lapped them and on the others I won by at least half the track.

Each race took between 45-50 minutes to complete. If you get bored you can even skip the last 2 races and still win the championship, then come back to them when you have time.

I'm only on the 1st race so far, but he's winning easily.

I'm using a level 21 driver, and despite spinning on lap 2 after hitting another car under braking, he was in 1st on lap 5. He just finished lap 10 and he's about 15 seconds up.

The only thing I would change is the transmission ratio. It could be dropped down one notch I believe. When he's alone he only gets to around 227 real speed, and when passing in the draft early on he only gets to about 240. The extra acceleration would help him pick up another fraction I think.

Good setup though.

Anyone know which races the computer drivers don't pit on? They pitted on the first race but didn't pit in the second. I'm at the start of the third now but have to go out shopping. Don't know if I can just let Bob drive by himself the whole race or not while I'm gone.

The gear ratio is also too tall at Monaco (3rd race). It could be knocked down another notch I believe.

My guy is currently in 2nd after 14 laps. He's right on the 1st guy, and they're a long way from the rest of the field. Hopefully the 1st guy makes a mistake and he can slip by. He's fast though, faster than the rest for sure.

Won the first two races easily.

The gear ratio is also too tall at Monaco (3rd race). It could be knocked down another notch I believe.

My guy is currently in 2nd after 14 laps. He's right on the 1st guy, and they're a long way from the rest of the field. Hopefully the 1st guy makes a mistake and he can slip by. He's fast though, faster than the rest for sure.

Won the first two races easily.

Agreed. First and third race ratio is too tall.

Same here, stuck at 2nd for like 10+ laps in Cote d'Azur. I thought there's no hope for me to get 1st, until.... both of us, 1st and 2nd, lapped all the others. the 1st guy slowed down due to the others in front, and my bob went on to overtake like 3 of them at once. :)

Currently in my 4th race @ Nurburgring. I cant believe that there's still another 2 hours or so till the end of the championship. Even though everybody is in FGT, it seems like forever.

EDIT: Finally in the Suzuka race. Got 1 lap lead at 2nd lap. It is raining and I slapped on rain tires at the start. Bob overtook everyone at the first corner, and due to everybody else not using rain tires, Bob managed to finish around one and a half lap before the others finish their first lap. Now... another hour or so more to the end of the race.

Overall, the setup here is excellent, and even though some of the gear ratio could be shortened, bob still manages easy win in the races. Thanks alot Sirtokealot!

P.S. My Bob is hot-headed, and at level 22 when I started the championship. Did an oil change at the start, but the horsepower drops back to 891 at around the 3rd race. Even though Bob's mood (or whatever the arrow represents) is pointing down when I start the championship, it is still fairly easy to win, even without needing much directions from my side.

Last edited:
I was far enough ahead after 5 races that I didn't race the sixth yet. Bob has some trouble at nurburgring on the tight chicane at the t end of the back straight. He must have spun 5 times there, but he wasn't alone. Your setup shows 5 for ride height when I think you meant -5, since you stiffened the springs.

wow. race 3 setup is HORRIBLE. too much braking. i gave up and abandoned race. now im in second place. i easily got gold on first two maps. i should of not changed it. is race 3 setup a troll? seriously...

managed to beat it, but barely.

i used setup 1 for all championship games except cote de azur (3) i came in 12th place with setup 3 and was forced to abandon. maybe im just fail, who knows... so, i guess to each his own. thanks for post.

thanks for the help, i won easy on every course with it. I had to help my driver get the lead but once he did it was smooth sailing

wow. race 3 setup is HORRIBLE. too much braking. i gave up and abandoned race. now im in second place. i easily got gold on first two maps. i should of not changed it. is race 3 setup a troll? seriously...

idiot, he said it was a ball ache of a race, and difficult to get first. BUT it is possible with this setup, maybe your driver is just not upto scratch, everybody else has won gold except you. so......

idiot, he said it was a ball ache of a race, and difficult to get first. BUT it is possible with this setup, maybe your driver is just not upto scratch, everybody else has won gold except you. so......

Geez, I saw a cpl people complain...so the dude is an idiot cause he aired his opinion?

Maybe sirtokealot was tokin a LOT when he typed in the info and had a typo or something as one guy said???

Anyways, thanks for the tunes I will try them as soon as I get this vehicle. Thanks for your time and effort!!!

Back