Formula Gran Turismo World Chanpionship - Winning Setup For You :)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 148 comments
I used racing hards in all the races (don't think you can use the soft racing tyres), and they worked fine for me. I won all 6 races fairly easily, with the help of this tuning guide. The only problem I had was just after that tight S curve on the Nurburgring just before the start/finish line, where my dude spun out probably 25 of the 30 laps lol. Luckily he was far enough ahead each time that when he finally got back on the track, he was still in the lead 👍

I used soft racing tyres in the first 5 races. Won them all except Monaco (5th). Haven't tried the last one yet as I'd already won the championship so quit early and went to bed.

ya, the endurance races you can have more than 1. I'm guessing you can only use more than 1 driver on endurance races.

No, some extreme series allow 2 or maybe even more.

Last edited:
Saving this info for later.
I'd also like to hear what you set the Toe, Camber and Diff settings to, or if you kept them at the default values.

Great tunig for all the races. I would have golded all of them if my bob wouldn't have been so stupid in monte carlo. I think he got stock on the courner after the tunnel about 5-6 times. But still he came in 4th.

my driver was just spun out on race 3 on the first turn..fell to 12th. already playing catch up.

EDIT: Up to 6th on the 4th lap.

I won all of the races easily with this setup. Hardest was cote, it still only took until lap 6 to get in 1st. Then it was just a matter of babysitting and balancing his pace so he didn't ram the wall or spin. Also on the final chicane on nurburgring he had to be almost full in the blue or he would spin.

Thanks!

I just finished second at monza and have no clue how..I pitted on the 23rd lap. It was raining. Everyone pitted on the first lap(changed tires apparently) and they pitted on the last. For some reason my driver decided upon himself to pit on the final lap and he lost the race..WTF? With 1 race to go I'm still winning the championship by 110 points, so I could forfeit the final race and still win it all, but If I complete it I'll jump to Level 25, and my driver will hit level 20.

I've just tried the Fuji-setup on the first race in A-Spec, at Fuji (obviously)

It was good enough for an easy first place, though I only won by 4.5 seconds. Fastest lap was a 1:13.691

Strangely enough, I had previously raced at Fuji on the medium tyre and come first by about 2 seconds, running 1:17s (no setup) - interesting that you can never really get away from the AI, despite the times you post. Not sure I like the rubber banding in this series!

Edit: Indy road is easier than Fuji, there are no hideous off-camber corners and you can gain a second on the AI per lap, if you make no mistakes. Won by 14 seconds and had a couple of 1:09s

Might skip Cote D'Azur and Nurburgring, I only want a bronze so that it completes the Extreme series and gives me the gift ticket/PSN trophy as I already have the Caterham - don't see the point in golding everything!

Edit 2: Thanks to OP - these are good setups, the car is not such a slippery devil :)

Last edited:
Might skip Cote D'Azur and Nurburgring, I only want a bronze so that it completes the Extreme series and gives me the gift ticket/PSN trophy as I already have the Caterham - don't see the point in golding everything!

You know there's also a trophy in golding everything right?

It's really not that bad. Just set aside at least 3 hours to finish all, it took me more or less 30mins to do each race.

Yeah I know but if I ever fancy going for that ill do it at a later date :)

I ended up winning with 400 pts, having quit Nurburgring and Wet Suzuka races. Nurburgring was awesome cos I started the race and then my immediate rivals spun and took me out, so once I'd overtaken them, I quit the race and they picked up very little points :)

I didn't fancy the wet race at Suzuka.

Rest of them are fairly easy. Fuji has some tricky corners and needs a bit of practice, Monaco is ok provided you know the track - I've had lots of laps on F1 2010 online & offline so that kinda helped, though this car is nothing like as planted as those cars are for some strange reason. Monza & Indy are by far the simplest - You can always cut Ascari if you need to catch up (I think that's the name of that particular chicane) and Indy they AI are just very slow on the infield section.

Sold the extra Fireblade and got a bloody Carl Edwards #99 Fusion as my level 21 car.... could have been a lot better.... I already have the M&Ms Camry and dont really like NASCAR at all so...

This is a good race series all in all - the AI are almost on pace with you, you have to concentrate much harder than any other event; the XP you get is very good, but the race CR is crap - the overall prize is 330,000 CR or something which kinda makes up for it but I think 63,000 CR for (in some cases) 25 minutes of racing is erm....stingy?

Thanks a lot to the OP for the settings - I found that it makes the task a lot easier. The Monaco setup is nicely balanced and the gearing feels right.

I think the peoPle who are having trouble don't understand that you actually have to give your driver commands in b spec to do well. I lapped at least the last few cars in the field on every race, one or two I lapped the entire field. Indy was one of them. The last race I'm not sure because I was way ahead in points after Golding all of the others so I started the race and went out to dinner. Came home and he had won. My driver had an orange arrow too. These setups are perfect and if they aren't working for someone they are doing something wrong. My P.Wise (hehe PennyWise) rocked that championship.

I did have my LSD set for my a-spec events, and did an engine overhaul and chassis rebuild before the championship. I don't think that would have given me that much of an advantage vs those having trouble though.

Has anyone tried running the FGT without and then with the chassis reinforcement mod in the tuning shop? If so any improvement? I did back to back comparisons with other cars and it made a pretty dramatic improvement to my lap times. But since this car is so difficult to come by I REALLY don't want to risk messing it up. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone tried running the FGT without and then with the chassis reinforcement mod in the tuning shop? If so any improvement? I did back to back comparisons with other cars and it made a pretty dramatic improvement to my lap times. But since this car is so difficult to come by I REALLY don't want to risk messing it up. Thanks in advance.

I don't quite understand what your logic is behind "messing the car up" by installing chassis reinforcement. You don't see any visual changes and by your experience it's been positive. So why not go ahead and install it anyway?

I don't quite understand what your logic is behind "messing the car up" by installing chassis reinforcement. You don't see any visual changes and by your experience it's been positive. So why not go ahead and install it anyway?

Just making sure it wouldn't make it too stiff and have any adverse effect on handling, ie bump steer or heavy oversteer when trailbraking or something of that nature. Thanks anyway...

Awesome setups man! Gear Ratios a bit tall on some tracks but other then that stellar job!

Also one thing to note on Suzuka in the wet I found if I left Bob his times were ridiculously slower! His best time was about 2:14 odd but If were to let him cool down he would run times in excess of 2:25 so just a thing to watch out for :)

Last edited:
Just getting ready to start race #3. With this set-up and LSD tune 15/40/55, Bob was in second place before the first lap was over in race one and 1st place shortly after starting lap 2. Then he easily lapped/passed all AI's again. The AI's didn't start pitting till lap 33ish. I had Bob pit by lap 20, although he probably could have waited till the 30's too. Probably would have been smart to pit Bob right when he is coming up on lapping the AI's so they don't slow him down.

Second race was crazy. Bob can easily win, but I held off on pitting till Bob decided to pit himself. Thought maybe he could make the whole race without pitting, but on the second to last lap, Bob wanted to pit and looking at the fuel, I let him. Pop-up for pitting showed 4 new tires and 3 liters of fuel. I was under the impression that the game calculates how much fuel is needed to complete the race, so left it alone. However, on exiting the pit, Bob wanted to pit again!!!! I said screw it and cancelled the pit command, forcing Bob to keep going. Was interested to see if you can run out of fuel. Not making this up, Bob made it all the way around again and on the very last corner before the straights, instead of hearing the RPMs pick up, I hear it almost go dead and I think Bob coasted the rest of the way, although I could still hear the motor. He crossed the finish line at under 100mph where I think he is usually over 200mph in that area. Now I think the fuel calculated at the pits is based on Bob driving full blue.

Back