Formula Gran Turismo World Chanpionship - Winning Setup For You :)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 148 comments
Make sure you have fresh oil, I also had a engine rebuild just before this race, because i had been grinding for 10k miles on endurance races with this car.

Also my B-spec driver is Level 27, so if your a lower level, it might take you a little longer to get first, but the car setup is perfect for you. Give your best driver a break for a few races unitl his status is a blue upward arrow before using him for this race.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 261MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5
Extension Dampers Front - 8
Extension Dampers Rear - 8
Compression Dampers Front - 6
Compression Dampers Rear - 6

You will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5

Again you will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. You will hit the rev limit just before the end of the straight. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 3

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 199MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Wow, this one is a ball ache, but with such a low gear ratio you will overtake on the short straights and through the tight corners. I had 3rd on lap 2, but first place didnt come till i was on lap 7 but then run away with it for the rest of the race. I also upped the breaks for this race. Twice in testing, the AI spun out and caused a pile up, which can be a bit of a nightmare to come back from, but its still possible.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

This one is childs play. I used the same setup as race 3 but upped the top speed. I pushed my guy too hard on lap 1 and he spun off 3 times. but he took first again before the end of lap 2. Simples :)

Race 5

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Another easy race, you can have first place within 2 laps, there are loads of good straights to take places on this race.

Race 6

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Exact same setup as before, you will push your way to the front in no time at all.

A good tip, at the start of each, as soon as you start, when the clock starts to count you in 3,2,1 - Tell your driver to increase pace and he will get a good clean start, which is essential for this series of races.

Good luck, show some love for my work and leave some rep.

Sirtokealot, I must say thank you for this marvelous set up! Good job! It worked fantastic!

On a funny note, I noticed that for the rain races that I was in (Monza and Suzuka), the AI started on the Hard compounds, then had to go pit on the first lap for Rain tires, lol.......

Make sure you have fresh oil, I also had a engine rebuild just before this race, because i had been grinding for 10k miles on endurance races with this car.

Also my B-spec driver is Level 27, so if your a lower level, it might take you a little longer to get first, but the car setup is perfect for you. Give your best driver a break for a few races unitl his status is a blue upward arrow before using him for this race.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 261MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5

You will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5

Again you will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. You will hit the rev limit just before the end of the straight. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 3

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 199MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Wow, this one is a ball ache, but with such a low gear ratio you will overtake on the short straights and through the tight corners. I had 3rd on lap 2, but first place didnt come till i was on lap 7 but then run away with it for the rest of the race. I also upped the breaks for this race. Twice in testing, the AI spun out and caused a pile up, which can be a bit of a nightmare to come back from, but its still possible.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

This one is childs play. I used the same setup as race 3 but upped the top speed. I pushed my guy too hard on lap 1 and he spun off 3 times. but he took first again before the end of lap 2. Simples :)

Race 5

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Another easy race, you can have first place within 2 laps, there are loads of good straights to take places on this race.

Race 6

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Exact same setup as before, you will push your way to the front in no time at all.

A good tip, at the start of each, as soon as you start, when the clock starts to count you in 3,2,1 - Tell your driver to increase pace and he will get a good clean start, which is essential for this series of races.

Good luck, show some love for my work and leave some rep.

Gotta say mate, bought my FGT, first thing I did was give it an engine overhaul, this took my bhp from 890 to 936.Gave it to bob on level 26,left all adjustments on default apart from brake bias, front & rear both set to 2 and bob finished every race with plenty of time to spare(including a wet Monza, hope this might assist.

@Sirtakealot

Thanks for the settings. :)

You mentioned that there are more difficulties in the last race.

As Suzuka has quite high curbes and the driver is using the curbes very often - especially in the last chicane - I would lower the spring force a little bit so you come out of the curves with a little more momentum.

Merry x-mas!

Clumsynick

Thanks for the setup!

I'm only using a little bit of your setup, (downforce and transmission), and it's been easy.

From Fuji, I only got 3rd place, because I was doing some tests (not sure if I would need to do a pit stop or not), and then in Indianapolis and Cote D'Azur really well too (winning by almost 30 seconds in Cote D'Azur...), but there's 1 thing I'm not sure if people are doing.. don't use Racing Hard tires, use Racing Medium and a pit stop at half race on all tracks (you can get in the lead and make a big enough gap for a pit stop with those tires).

Also I'm using a level 16 driver... well 17 now after the 3rd race, and didn't rebuilt the engine... just did a oil change...

Sorry if this has been asked, but in order to win this do you have to do the Championship? Or can you just win each event on it's own? Not sure I could do a 3 hour non-stop game of doing all 6 races.

You need to run through the championship to win gold on the championship.

But it's not quite non-stop. You can walk away between each race and leave your console switched on ready for your return.

Just make sure that if you have any inquisitve 2-year-olds in the house, you sellotape their hands to their sides when you leave your PS unattended...

I overlooked that last point, and my son is only just now coming out of trauma therapy.

:banghead:

To the OP: this is a great guide that I used for first place in all races without changes and with a level 24 driver who needed close direction.

I didn't use this for race one because I hadn't found it yet, so I stayed with default settings for that race only.

Hope you can share more guides! Thanks and keep it up!

I would like to point out that some of these races medium tires are the way to go but only on ones that you would run out of gas. So on race 3 cote d azur you dont pit because you have plenty of fuel so youll need hard tires. I am only on race 4 and havnt finished yet but I am guessing this one will be one that you run out of fuel before the race is over.

Wow, honestly awesome settings for FGT. My low level drivers took first on most tracks within 3 laps and has no problems maintaining control even at constant high pressure. Very nicely done. 👍👍

Did anyone else's AI think that Hard Racing tires were a good idea in the rain? Somehow my driver followed suit and took me 30 minutes to finish the last 4 laps of the race!! He missed the pits TWICE!!! Most frustrating part of the game since the Top Gear Test Track (FTL).

Thanks for the awesome settings! Notice that you didn't have arb. I set mine at 7-7 for first 2 race and 4-4 at race 3. At one point in race 3 I was leading by 23s and I went for a pit and drop to 7 place :P With some micro of bob. I went back to 1st within 5 laps. I am now halfway into race 4 and bob is leading by 8s.

my bob has no problem with winning FGT, no need to tune the car.
but i have problem with winning A spec. anyone can help me with a good tune??

Last edited:
I apologize for the silly question. But I've looked up and down this thread and do not see the settings that you are all discussing. Is there an original post that gives these settings for the Formula car?

I apologize for the silly question. But I've looked up and down this thread and do not see the settings that you are all discussing. Is there an original post that gives these settings for the Formula car?
It looks like it was edited out of the first post but it can still be found in post #61.

Did anyone else's AI think that Hard Racing tires were a good idea in the rain? Somehow my driver followed suit and took me 30 minutes to finish the last 4 laps of the race!! He missed the pits TWICE!!! Most frustrating part of the game since the Top Gear Test Track (FTL).

You're supposed to chose the tires at the start of the race, not the AI. My last race was in the rain and I chose the rain tires at the start, all the competition went with racing hard. My first lap was 2:27, 2nd place's first lap was 3:46, plus pitstop time. lol
edit: ha. Seems one car missed the pit lane and the cars that pitting got done with pitting and down to the first corner before the car still on the track made it down the straight.

Haha thanks for this, worked a treat, im on the last race now and im 7 laps in front after 20, they havent even changed their tyres! Think its safe to say ive got this last one in the bag!

Just using your setup now, won 5 of the 6 races so far keep my lap times and best lap times and will post them up after bob finishes this 30lap race.

This is my data for my B Spec driver who is at level 26.

Race 1:
Total race time: 51:33.103
Best Lap: 1:16.432
Time I won by:

Race 2:
Total race time: 49:59.979
Best Lap: 1:14.004
Time I won by:

Race 3:
Total race time: 42:06.138
Best Lap: 1:20.688
Time I won by: +01.065

Race 4:
Total race time: 51:15.338
Best Lap: 1:32.681
Time I won by:

Race 5:
Total race time: 49:22.338
Best Lap: 1:23.742
Time I won by:

Race 6:
Total race time: 51:03.361
Best Lap: 1:34.184
Time I won by:

Nice template hope you don't mind me using it.

Fantastic set up for all races, although i made the mother of all mistakes. For race 2 i set the tranny to the speed i wanted for race 3, so i was hitting the rev limiter just as i got onto the straight. So i decided to quit the race and start again after re-setting the tranny, although i forgot that this is a championship and i cant just quit a race and re-start it. which means i lost out on 100 more points and more importantly im going to have to watch bob drive for another 30-odd laps to gold the event.

Although i must say that bob has never driven as well as he is in the FGT, hes late braking every corner and holding the inside line to force the other drivers off track, ive never been so proud.

Race 2, lap 9- 27 seconds ahead!
The exact set up as stated keeping bob half way between max n half =]
Lap 10 30 seconds ;)
Best lap 1.14.326

Back