Formula GT - need help!

god i never knew that! I can't believe I never realised. That could have saved me a bit of time!! :banghead:
It's just coming back to me how long I've spent trying to get a particular prize car out of a championship!!

Originally posted by Polyphony001
god i never knew that! I can't believe I never realised. That could have saved me a bit of time!! :banghead:
It's just coming back to me how long I've spent trying to get a particular prize car out of a championship!!

I know the feeling all to well :banghead: as I'm sure do a lot of other people. For me, life is fraught with "learned it the hard ways" and "wish I would have know thats". Fortunately those lead to "ain't gonna forget that ones" too. :D

phattboy

hee hee. Well I'm practically 80% done with the game now, but I have a question to ask, Do the arcade mode time trials count to your 100%? COs I can get gold on one, but I'm struggling witht the rest. Probably get there eventually, but it'll take a few :banghead: s to get there, and repetitive use of the 'try again' button is not really what I have time for :(

Yes, to get 100% you need to win every Arcade race on hard and do all the Arcade TT's, the final one being the RGT at Complex string is probably the toughest challenge of the game.

Yep... What he ^^^^ said :D

Two things about time trials that I have learned.

1) Whenever you do an endurance race such as Trial Mountain or The Roadster enduro... The first thing you should go do after that is the corresponding time trial (and s license if you are going for gold there). Nine times out of ten you'll get it within a couple trys cause you have just already practiced the TT for like a gazillion laps in the enduro and now you know the shortest way around that track. Do it before you forget it within a couple days.

2) Manual transmission all the way... I've done them both ways and with manual it is wwwaaaaaaayyyy easier.

Which one have you already gotten?

The upside is when you beat the TT, you get a fancy new Panoz!

phattboy

I did the Midfield raceway MS elise one first time to my amazement, but right now I'm afraid I've got myself stuck in the Lotus Elise Trophy which I am failing to win. I just cannot set the car up to handle on Apricot Hill! :mad:

Damn. I remember trying to race the Elise 190 in the Elise cup around Monaco against the MS Elises. I found it the hardest race I've done on GT3. I had a bet with my brother that I could win every race with the Elise 190 and I won, but I really had to get the setup perfect. The hardest was Midefield, I've still got the replay now! I was 23 seconds down after trying to drive on red tyres and spinning three times, and I won aftre taking the lead 1 corner from the end!

woohoo I just won the first race in this series, definitely easier than the Elise cup. I could not get that 3rd race with the Elise 190 so I eventually "copped out" and bought the Elise Motorsport. But with the GT races, it was definitely the setup. The first setup I tried, worked, following a few hints from this thread, but also kinda did settings that suited my driving style. Even with a couple of runs into the sand and one spin out, I had a MOS of 28 seconds, and lapped 3 of the AI cars lol I'd say settings is about 50% of the equation, as long as you do the first few laps before you pit, you'll be fine. I even pitted after lap 5 instead of 6...but then the next pit was at lap 12 and I was still able to win. I think from lap 18 and on I held the lead to the end. :)

Good Job SnowbordrWRX!!! 👍

Lapping at your first shot is pretty darn good! Better than I did my first time through it. Sounds like you are "dialed in"!

phattboy

Apricot Hill Reverse. And the Motorsports Elise cannot enter the Formula GT series as it's not a race car.

Woah, woah. Sorry to confuse everyone. I mean Apricot Hill Raceway. And no it's the elise trophy not the formula GT. Since i've completed the formula GT series now, and moved on to the elise cup i was talking about that now. I just couldn't be bothered to start a new thread.

Yeah, don't bother starting a new thread. But you will find your MSE/Elise cup questions here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29878&highlight=pro+elise+trophy and

here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30863&highlight=pro+elise+trophy

After you've used those hints, feel free to post your results and thoughts of your own there, as it will help people who are searching to benefit from your posts. They will not look for it in this thread. Do "bother" to use the search function, since this game has been out for 3 years, it's likely it has already been discussed. ;)

I believe you can do it! 👍

I did some more thinking about this last night and thought of a couple more things for you.

Let me preface by saying, what got me thinking about it was the statement I made about "It's not that hard". That sounds a little arrogant and I didn't mean it to. The way that should be said is "I don't have to struggle with it nearly as much now that I have been through the game several times.";) When I was thinking about that last night, I remembered the frustration I was having trying to win this series the first time and it got me to remembering I still had that original card somewhere. I dug it out and looked for the setup I know I used back then to win and found it. You might want to give it a try...

10/10
65/65
3/6
3/6
1.7/1.3
0/0

brakes 22/20

LSD 7/16/7

Transmission(Automatic)

Tranny trick as previously described, Final 3.25 then set first gear all the way left (should give a ratio of 4.525)

Full DF 1/1.5

Then here is the kicker and I know that some will call this sacriledge but too bad for them if it works:

ASM/TCS 3.0/5.0

Now, I just tried this setup out running an automatic transmission. I reduced the HP of my F094s to match where it would be after running several of the races in series, qualified in first and then ran 9 successive laps before pitting in my first time... My first couple laps were a little faster than 1'06.xxx until I could get adjusted in sector times to run consistent 1'06.mid laps. When I pitted at lap 9, my tires were orange, the AI leader was approximately 15 seconds behind me and beginning his pitstop as my jacks went down and I started out. I ran consistent 1'06.mid laps until lap 17 for my second pit. My tires were still somewhat yellow when I went into the pit meaning I could have stayed out another lap no problem. The AI leader was almost 20 seconds behind me at that point. I came out of the pit just ahead of him. I ignored him and focused on my line on the track. He was unable to pass me and pitted on the next round (lap 18) as I passed the start/finish with a 1'09.high lap. That gave me back my 20 second lead. I stayed the course at consistent 1'06.mid laps for two more laps gaining almost or better than a second a lap on the AI leader.

Decided the rest would be history so I quit out but not before testing the setup for what happens if you put the hammer down for two laps. Ran one lap at 1'00.xxx and the next one went sub 1 minute at a 59.xxx. I'm not bragging (well maybe a little but bear in mind, I have raced this series no less than 15 times over the last year) but only trying to let you know that if you find the line with this, you really can do it.

phattboy

I know this is 20 some-odd years later, but you really saved my bacon! Cheers!

Back