Formula One 6th World Championship [2010 Edition]

Wondering how many people here use a pad and how many use a wheel, don't think the wheel gives as much of an advantage as it did on F1CE but was just curious as to how many use it or a pad. I use a pad, never been bothered to buy a wheel lol

I use a wheel and I think that most of the other drivers use one aswell cause of the amount of force feedback I hear over my headset.

Enjoyed the race, bit boring at parts though. Got a good start followed junky through the pack and I was 5th I think, dropped back a little then got hit by Lewyos (no problems about that btw) was then last. Shin and Nitro made a few mistakes and I managed to get past and for the next lot of laps me and Shin kept within 4 seconds of each other. Then to my amazement I saw junky and Lewyos going slow and I managed to get past. I don't wish for others to have problems but that was great for me. Stayed 5th till lap 17 or 18 and was finally hunted down by Lewyos so I had to settle for 6th.

Wondering how many people here use a pad and how many use a wheel, don't think the wheel gives as much of an advantage as it did on F1CE but was just curious as to how many use it or a pad. I use a pad, never been bothered to buy a wheel lol

l use a pad to play , & to be honest l'm really struggling to race without ABS .
Feels like l'm just a track hazard to be avoided . Next week is Monaco , dear Lord help me . :banghead:

l use a pad to play , & to be honest l'm really struggling to race without ABS .
Feels like l'm just a track hazard to be avoided . Next week is Monaco , dear Lord help me . :banghead:

I hated not using ABS at first but it gets easy after so long without it.

Sorry bout having to check out last night lads.
My little boy had woken up and I said he could come and watch us race.
@ 9:45 ish I had to settle him back off to sleep.

I just carried on with my career.

Bloody internet.

Sorry once again for my lack of attendance, The train home I was meant to get was delayed by an hour and a half, by the time I was home, the action was well under way I would have imagined. Hope everyone nejoyed the race.

I was DC'd twice last night. Thank you for restarting after qualifying to get me going again. True gentlemen you are. After the second DC I was unable to reconnect 'error you have been signed out of Playstation network'. tried repeatedly but could not get back on again. I think DOO KA lol and Spagetti had the same problem at some point last night.

I dont know if it just me but my practice setups just dont work during our races. I did some good practice laps and thought I had a good solid and stabile setup going. Come qualifying last night it was like driving on ice. Dont know if it was the serious lag last night or what. Have anybody else experienced this? :banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Sorry you had so many connection problems last night Zeecon_9, I know how if feels. Hope to see you next week!!! I'm sure that if you need help the nice people on GTP will assest you in fixing your problem, They sure helped me!!!

The race was very exciting for me at just about every point in the race I was ether chacing someone or being hunted. Untill the mishap with lewyO where I thought I had enough room to slide by, but as we all know didn't happen... Good race from everybody!!! thanks again

I use a wheel (DFGT) personaly I think once you get past a certian age you can't use a pad, figures just don't work as good anymore LOL. But you young guys sure do a bang up job using pads...

Great race guys, intresting track, sad that there was less of us than usual but all good stuff.

It took me 1/2 an hour to write my race report and then the computer said NO,twice this has happened, so short and sweet from now on.
Good racing gents,incident free for me.Get a wheel you wont be disappointed.

Hey guys, really sorry for the lack of a race report this week. I've had a nightmare these last few days.

It all started during the race actually, when my DFGT decided to break. Had intermittant pedal control until eventually I had none at. Went from chasing down fourth, to stone dead last in half a lap.

Monday morning I got to work and realised straight away I was going to be busy. Havent had the time or energy to get online till just now. Its a bitter sweet feeling as although 50 hours of work are done and dusted, I probably have the same amount again before sunday. If I fall asleep at the wheel just be sure to avoid me guys :lol:

It doesnt end there either, as just now I made a critical error and erased the race results. I literally dont have a clue where you guys came in last week. Any help you can throw my way will be appreciated, otherwise I'll catch up at next weeks race. Oh frak!! I havent updated the OP yet have I. :ouch:

Sorry again guys. Bear with me

Hey guys, really sorry for the lack of a race report this week. I've had a nightmare these last few days.

It all started during the race actually, when my DFGT decided to break. Had intermittant pedal control until eventually I had none at. Went from chasing down fourth, to stone dead last in half a lap.

Monday morning I got to work and realised straight away I was going to be busy. Havent had the time or energy to get online till just now. Its a bitter sweet feeling as although 50 hours of work are done and dusted, I probably have the same amount again before sunday. If I fall asleep at the wheel just be sure to avoid me guys :lol:

It doesnt end there either, as just now I made a critical error and erased the race results. I literally dont have a clue where you guys came in last week. Any help you can throw my way will be appreciated, otherwise I'll catch up at next weeks race. Oh frak!! I havent updated the OP yet have I. :ouch:

Sorry again guys. Bear with me

If we all post where we came on this thread or send you a pm with our positions like we did the first week would that help?

I finished 3rd.

I came 6th.

This Sunday is going to be crazy lol, I can see at least half of the field having damaged cars before the end of the 1st lap.

Yeah. Its so easy to lock a wheel into T1 and plough into the barrier (or the car in front), especially with cold tyres and race fuel.

Yeah. Its so easy to lock a wheel into T1 and plough into the barrier (or the car in front), especially with cold tyres and race fuel.

I did this race on career and in the rain I had to restart over 20 times cause I was caught up in other peoples accidents, monaco is going too be very very intresting.

I quit Captain, my seat is available. It was great fun and I wanted to finish the championship, but I changed my mind. Maybe the next edition will be a better game than this. Thank you guys and sorry!:cheers:
Good luck!👍

How come Shark? Is there another game in your life? Are you just bored with the game or do you have a problem with this championship?

Did you get your pedal problem sorted Roh?

Is everyone else still on for tonight?

As I wrote this is a great championship with gentle and clean drivers, but yes I got bored of this game. Ugly graphics, poor physics and since I saw in these days how good will be the GT, I want to concentrate on only that. There also will be F10.:dopey: Today, I just can't race.

I swear down, if it wasn't for my enthusiasm for GT5 I would of completely forgotten about tonights race! :lol: Im just on my way home from work and thought I'd have a cheeky browse of the forums. Lucky eh!!

Sorry to hear you're done with the championship Shark. I have to admit, if I weren't involved with this championship I would of sold this game some time ago. I haven't even finished one season in career mode! I definately hear where you're coming from, still sorry to see you go though. Good luck, i'll see you on GT5 for sure.

As for my pedal problem Douq, I think it's sorted. I had a mate over who did some hot lappi g and the same happened to him. I've narrowed it down to a dodgy connection so a bit of blue-tak will get me through the evening ;) hopefully :D

Few finishers this week. Imagine if it had rained like in the practice race.

Here's a video of that practice race. I'll post the first 5 laps of the main event tomorrow.

A good result at Monaco goes to whoever doesn't crash, or crashes the least. I did a 10% race online once, 11 people, lost my front wing 5 times, and got a ton of penalties, came 3rd. Because everyone else crashed out :lol:. It was my first ever time at Monaco. Monaco is so much more fun, and so much harder in this game. I can't wait for our URS Monaco round. Maybe I can win :cool:

I took my front wing off in lap 2. Luckily it was at the swimming pool so I pitted for primes. Had great fun chasing Roh for a while until he pitted at the end of lap 5. I retook the lead and took it easy until the end. I think only 4 or 5 of us finished.

Dont know what the hell happened to Lewy0s. His car performed a VTO in the tunnel, bounced off the ceiling and went ghost.

I took my front wing off in lap 2. Luckily it was at the swimming pool so I pitted for primes. Had great fun chasing Roh for a while until he pitted at the end of lap 5. I retook the lead and took it easy until the end. I think only 4 or 5 of us finished.

Dont know what the hell happened to Lewy0s. His car performed a VTO in the tunnel, bounced off the ceiling and went ghost.

Lewy was doing that in qually aswell bouncing all over the place. I think he must have just caught the barrier in the tunnel (Its easily done) and crashed. I did the same at turn 3 and crashed out on about lap 13.

Latest Posts

Back