Formula One Announces Live Subscription Service, F1 TV

No Pro service in Portugal. :banghead: Why would I want the normal TV service if I don't get to watch the full race at least.

The list of territories F1 TV Pro will be available in are as follows:

Argentina
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Aruba
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Barbados
Belgium (Available in French, German and Spanish only)
Bosnia
British Virgin Islands
Bulgaria
Caribbean Netherlands
Cayman Islands
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Curaçao
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
France
Germany
Grenada
Gaudeloupe
Guatamala
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
Jamaica
Luxembourg
Martinique
Mexico
Monaco
Montserrat
Nicaragua
Paraguay
Peru
Poland
Romania
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Martin
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Serbia
Sint Maarten
Slovenia
South Tyrol
Switzerland
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey
Turks and Caicos Islands
Ukraine
United States Virgin Islands
Urugauy
USA
Venezuela

Urgh, this is a great idea. Unfortunately it reminds me of the launch of the WWE Network because the UK had to wait about 2 years for that too due to Sky. I don't actually have standard TV or a paid for TV like Sky etc so this is something that's right up my street. Now if only they could work something out to show BTCC on it too.....

If SKY (UK) were smart they would offer F1 T.V. at a tenner a month and do away with the need for Sky sports.

I mean they nearly have that now via now.TV

If SKY (UK) were smart they would offer F1 T.V. at a tenner a month and do away with the need for Sky sports.

I mean they nearly have that now via now.TV

They do, although it's £18 a month and no contract needed but not HD - don't know if you still require a regular Sky subscription for that though. They've separated the sports so you can just pay for the ones you'll watch - although it is just £2 more a month for all the channels - but that does require a 18 month subscription.

But like you say, they kind of already do via their NOW TV service at £12.99 per week for the full Sky Sports package.

Have F1 announced who does the commentary for each language/region?

All I care is that Australia is on the list.

Foxtel sports costs $30/month and all I really will use it for is F1 and the Le Mans.

This works out cheaper but sadly, It is the cheap toned down version.

And companies wonder why Australians are some of the biggest illegal downloaders.

Can they not put 2 and 2 together?

People want the service, they're willing to pay if it is not overly expensive, yet they go "Nah"

We already have Liberty Global as main player here. They own Ziggo TV and delivers us free to air F1.

Just seems unusual to offer a service in Belgium and have it in German and French, fine, but not Dutch. And with Spanish. What is this, 1580?

I still got this result here. Two days before the GP it is supposed to be live.
Is there any other page to subscribe?
upload_2018-5-9_12-16-16.png

Ah, just found it: i needed to be connected then go into "account details". That's really weird that you need to dig in admin kind of options to sign-up.
No monthly offer for me.

upload_2018-5-9_12-25-37.png

Last edited:
@Jezza819
i didn't received en email either, despite my email being in their database.
I don't know what they're doing...

7.4 You have the right to cancel your purchase of any Service, and receive a full refund without giving any reason, any time up to 14 day from the date of purchase except where you have: (a) activated any Service and agreed that, at that point you lost the right to cancel; or (b) you purchased a Service and at that point you agreed you lost the right to cancel.
Lawyers...

Last edited:
I tried to sign up but was rejected several times, 'could not process at this time' was the message. I was using a card that will expire in a couple months. When I tried using a card number that won't expire until 2022, suddenly it worked. Must be they really, really want to be able to bill you automatically for renewals.

They are late going live with the service by 4 races, (25% of the season), but now that we can sign up, it's just 10% off, and only until the end of May. Sorry, what? Had they done 25% off it would likely boost the initial sign ups, and hence auto-renewals. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Also worth noting? The yearly subscription will auto-renew in OCTOBER. If I decide not to renew for 2019, does that mean I won't get to watch the races at the end of the 2018 season? I doubt they can get away with that.

I'm also still unclear about the app I am currently paying for on my phone via the F1 official website. Is it part of F1 TV, or separate?

I'm really happy to be able to watch a race this way, but the rollout could have been a LOT better, and clearer.

I got the email notice Thursday afternoon. I'm still a little unclear as to what you get when you sign up. Is there any commentary during the actual race or is it just the world feed with no commentary but you get all of the radio communication and you can switch between all of the in car cameras? Now that ESPN is doing the races commercial free I'm not quite as sure it would be worth paying for a subscription. I think you can watch any session or race whenever you want to and most if not all of the support races.

Ta da!
[i pasted a screen here but it keeps disappearing]

So far, i'm far to be convinced, F1 TV Pro couldn't replace my regular F1 broadcaster.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-11_11-43-25.png
    upload_2018-5-11_11-43-25.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 17
So far, so good. It worked very well for FP1, and now I don't have to get up or stay awake in the wee small hours to see the sessions, I can replay them whenever, and still view the in-car cameras.

That's the first positive comment i read about FP1 on F1TV Pro today. So many people complaining it was unwatchable...

Well, I spoke too soon. No video or audio for FP2 yet. Blank screen here for me, it went out while I was watching the FP1 replay and nothing since.

Same here, but stuck on 'initializing' for the live feed.

Whoa! Just as I'm typing this, the feed came up and is stable so far.

Honestly, with them being late by 4 races with this service, and all the likely teething problems they will have, a 50% reduction in subscription fees would have gone a long way toward making early adoption bearable.

...and the feed went out again. I'm used to watching sketchy streams, so I'm used to this, but now I'm paying, so my patience will be limited. Hope they get it sorted.

UPDATE. Some of the live in car feeds are working.

Back