Formula One Championship Edition (PS3)

• Thread starter joe8
  • 363 comments

supports FFB in 240 degree mode with only one lamp (motor) on - as in GT3. However, FFB is weak, but it's there,
you do know how to select "stronger FFB", right ?

R3 + Select + Left Shift Paddle [press ALL at the SAME TIME] adjusts the wheel to maximum force feedback

you do know how to select "stronger FFB", right ?

R3 + Select + Left Shift Paddle [press ALL at the SAME TIME] adjusts the wheel to maximum force feedback

Now what kind of reporter for GTP wouldn't know that.

not sure what he meant by "one lamp" / which wheel he had .. but the PS2 version of F1 had VERY STRONG / HEAVY FFB [not sure why it would feel weak on PS3]

- The game is in 720P
- No FFB Option
- No Wing Mirror Option (in game) - I don't own a PSP
- Can't confirm this but it looks like I can only play online against Aus/NZ and European players..which basically means I can't enter this championship

this guys says NO FFB.

I've heard that there was "weak" FFB in the PAL version of the game... Personally, I'd take weak over None... Also, how has the DFP been working with this game? I know the FFB doesnt work but how is it overall? Any deadzone issues?

can someone with PAL version check this :

> Go to Multiplayer

> Play Lan

> Create User Name

> Create Game

> View Wing Mirrors (4th option down)

does it work on PSP ??

Wow, if not aware already, this is gonna get someone riled. Sorry, make that more riled ;) (bold is mine):

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/faq
How do the PSP® and the PLAYSTATION®3 systems work together?

For some games, PSP® acting as a remote control to PLAYSTATION®3 is a possibility. Additionally, you can transfer content from the PSP® to PLAYSTATION®3 via Memory Stick or USB*. Ultimately, the developer community has creative license on how they would like the PSP® and PLAYSTATION®3 to interact. For example, in "Formula One 06" (SCEE), PSP® was used as a rear-view mirror.

Yea, I saw that ... JOKE !!

logitech-driving-force-ex.jpg

Logitech Driving Force EX
=============================================
Logitech-Driving-Force-Pro.jpg

Logitech Driving Force Pro
====================================================
IMG_1856.JPG

Logitech G25
=========================================
swscan00002ij5.jpg

wow that g25 looks awesome, i love the shifing paddles! Does anyone have this wheel? and if so is it as good as it looks? I have the dfp and the shifters on the wheel are worn, for example they double shift when when i hit the button so i am having to use the shifting stick.
Oh, and also, was that you today ms7xwdc online?

When i got bored testing this thing - we'd see how many cars we could wreck.. i got almost all of them every time -- but thats the advantage of testing i guess, you learn the best spots on all the tracks. Monza & Monte Carlo are the best tracks to cause massive wrecks. Stop at the 50 foot marker before the sharp chicane after the tunnel @ Monte Carlo. And just drive backwards after the 2nd chicane once u get ahead of everybody.. [i usually took that shortcut thru the 1st chicane without penalties on]

I dont have a PS3 to play with @ home, Otherwise i'd show u guys :)

can someone with PAL version check this :

> Go to Multiplayer

> Play Lan

> Create User Name

> Create Game

> View Wing Mirrors (4th option down)

does it work on PSP ??

I will have a look for you later, if knobody has done it, ive seen you knocking around the PS3forums in the F1CE section ;)

I am considering buying this game but would like to know if it supports the Logitech GT Force Pro wheel? Any ideas? If it does support it is it any good with the wheel or do you stick the the remote?

One other question - can you play against others online?

I am considering buying this game but would like to know if it supports the Logitech GT Force Pro wheel? Any ideas? If it does support it is it any good with the wheel or do you stick the the remote?
I don't have that wheel, but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't. The G25 wheel works great with this game. However, I mostly use the controller as it not only works really well, but its more convenient then pulling out and setting up the wheel.

One other question - can you play against others online?
Yes, yes, yes! Its online play is one of this game's many strengths. Online races always have a full field of 22 cars (eleven teams). Online players can choose to be one of the team drivers, the other will be an AI car. Thus online, you can have up to 11 players in a race.

You also have lots of options when creating a race online, including crash damage, mechanical failures, pit stops, tracks, laps, weather conditions, etc.

You also have lots of control over who you want to allow in an online race, which helps keep the trouble makers out. 👍

Online races always have a full field of 22 cars (eleven teams). Online players can choose to be one of the team drivers, the other will be an AI car. Thus online, you can have up to 11 players in a race.

You also have lots of options when creating a race online, including crash damage, mechanical failures, pit stops, tracks, laps, weather conditions, etc.

You also have lots of control over who you want to allow in an online race, which helps keep the trouble makers out. 👍

That half sold me on the game right there, but is there any options in the full version that allows you to change the sensitivity of the controls at all? The touchy controls is sort of whats keeping me from choosing this game over Motor Storm. I know the game play of each doesn't really compare, but I'm looking at getting a game in the racing genre, the game play doesn't really matter.

That half sold me on the game right there, but is there any options in the full version that allows you to change the sensitivity of the controls at all?
Yes, there are several different options for adjusting sensitivity, including live dynamic adjustments during a race, just as real F1 drivers can using the controls on their steering wheel. 👍

Yes, there are several different options for adjusting sensitivity, including live dynamic adjustments during a race, just as real F1 drivers can using the controls on their steering wheel. 👍

I think that feature was already there since F12002.

Back