Formula One Masters Touring Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone done any laps around interlagos yet?
I have before in the game but that was a long time ago :sly:. Might try a few laps now just for a sighter. Let me know your times, are you going for a top 15 time?

Top 15 is out of reach for me.

What is in reach? Just did a few laps now, did a 1:06.330 as my best but my first and second sector weren't as fast as my previous best and made all the time in the final corner where I've been struggling quite a bit. I think I can do a 1:05 time but whether it is low or high I don't know. Need a lot of luck on this to be able to throw the car in and get the power on early on the final corner.

Have you done any laps yet? If so can you let me know as it would be good to have a benchmark time to aim at.

I'll be back by the end of the day, if not sooner. And I'll put up the details for T2.

I have returned. :D

Welcome back. My leaderboard ranking reminded me of your username, it was No 712, 12 being your ending. I spent about an hour on the time trial to familiarise myself with the track and trying out two setups to see which suits me best. I think I will give it another go probably Friday as it is too hot to play here in the UK plus I want to see what others are doing in terms of lap time especially Lewis's times so I can go all out and try and beat it or at least come within half a second of it.

Last time trial I was losing consistently 4 tenths in each sector so I think I need to tidy up the small details in the game which could gain me some good lap time. I think I found some time in shifting today so that should help me out on all sectors to try and close the gap. I just went through the leaderboards on all tracks and I noticed I only set times in total now for only 3 tracks and both in the dry. Can't believe I haven't attempted Suzuka yet as it's one of my favourite tracks to drive since playing it quite a lot on GT5P so I look forward to that time trial.

Finally anyone have any sector / lap times, I want to see where I'm losing time. Also how come fissionproject never sent a time for time trial 1, when he already had a time faster than mine? Is it because 2nd is first to lose :sly:.

I'm about to run a few laps around the track, which is one of the few tracks here I can run incredibly quick laps on.

I'm about to run a few laps around the track, which is one of the few tracks here I can run incredibly quick laps on.

1:06.330 to beat then. I spent about 40 minutes driving this track today. About 20 minutes went on resetting and tweaking the setup and having also a breather due to the heat.

This is interesting. I can't seem to get a good enough time together, my best thus far is 1:06.915 and I know for a fact I'm faster than that. Been tweaking my setup every other lap and I just can't get it to go where I want.

The field should be closer at this track simply because it is such a short lap time.

I can nail the first sector everytime, then its just turns 8 and 10 where I seem to mess up.

The field should be closer at this track simply because it is such a short lap time.

I can nail the first sector everytime, then its just turns 8 and 10 where I seem to mess up.

I noticed it would be closer due the leaderboard rankings, 4 tenths was enough to jump from 1400 place to 712.

What is your first sector time if you can nail it so often? Just want to see if I'm losing 4 tenths on you like last track.

Best so far is a 1.05.298 IIRC.

Good time, I thought you would be in the low 1:05s already as I'm about a second off you in terms of raw pace. However I'll try my best to not let you run away with this championship :).

A late 1.04 may be possible if I can put in enough laps.

On average how many laps do you do / spend time on each session? I can see how a 1:04 can be done but it is hard to execute due to the corners being quite technical and requiring patience so it is very easy to mess up a good lap.

No idea how long I spend, around 2 x 1 hour sessions, but I like to maximise the amount of time running so I don;t bother fiddling about with setups or anything.

This is the fastest lap I could find on YouTube:

I saw on other videos people reduce the front wing aero on the final straight so I will try that out too.

Shame that F1 2010 doesn't have telemetry or any visible throttle and braking inputs as I could have seen better how people are driving so quick.

Rules are rules, but considering the crumby weekend I've had, for anyone that has a "DNF" next to their name (with the exception of akmuq) you can still get a time in and get full points, or half if you happen to occupy any of the top three positions. Just a kind gesture...don't expect that next week. :P

I will take you up on your kind offer!

Will definitley get times for both tomorrow, and will probably submit tomorrow as well, wednesday is normally my gaming day!

I think I'm spending too much time tuning, I've only managed to cut my time down by a little over one-thousandth of a second.

The speed is there I'm just not using it.

I think I'm spending too much time tuning, I've only managed to cut my time down by a little over one-thousandth of a second.

The speed is there I'm just not using it.

Just use some of that talent that helped you win 11 F1 World Championships :sly: and keep focused on braking points for consistency as well as letting the car turn in before powering out too early.

I did a sector time comparison with Lewis's lap.

Here are mine:

vs Lewis

Time loss is:

I know I've driven a first sector of 16.216 before so it is a good suprise I'm not that far off there and I've yet to learn the second half of the lap that well so I know I can shave a lot of time and maybe get into the low 1:05s when I have time to play again. I have played an hour yesterday and I will try again maybe tomorrow night at the earliest.

About to have another go-around.

Put my skills to use this time and not worrying about tuning so much. :lol:

Aside from a few differences, the setup I came up with is basically the same. The additional toe is a great idea.

Why I didn't think of that is beyond me.

I've had a bash and this and to be honest I haven't got a chance, spent 14 laps at Melbourne Just trying to get a clean lap! And that was only a 1.26.885. I'm struggling to see where I can get another 3 or 4 seconds from to get competitive.
The invalidated lap detection is a pain, ride straight over some curbs not a peep, get others just right and it flags it up! Don't think I've got the patience to see this through, have fun!

This is long overdue, but nevertheless, Trial 2: Onboard lap with commentary from the guys over at SPEED.

Code:
[SIZE="2"][B][U]Trial 2[/U][/B] - Begins Sunday, June 26th

Course: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
 Corners: 15
 Length: 4.975 mi (7.960 km)
 Lap Record: 1:11.473 (Juan Pablo Montoya; 2004)

[U]Unique Restrictions[/U]

Weather Condition: Dry

Trial 2 Ends - Saturday, July 2nd[/SIZE]

Hey Terronium-12, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of the competition. My sincere apologies. I underestimated the time commitment needed. Even given enough time, I'm not sure how close I could have gotten to you guys, you're very fast.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't cause you any grief, cheers and thanks for the time you put in on the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back