Formula One Masters Touring Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh thats the setup im using as well.
Just checked the leaderboards and seen you beaten me but hopefully I can put a lap together and fight for pole position. You can make up so much time riding the curbs at Turn 1 but it is difficult to do it without spinning. Do you know if you beat my first sector time on your fastest lap? I did beat it by 3 tenths and that surprised as I thought I wouldn't be able to beat it that easily.

I checked your first sector time and think it was 0.001 seconds off the one I did. I just did another lap and I think my first sector was two tenths off. It's so annoying as I was doing sector 1, 2 tenths quicker but my fastest lap happened on my slowest first sector time. I also did the last corner not so well and even before the finishing line went to the part that slows you down near the pit lane which could have cost me a place on the leaderboards.

I'm convinced if I do get lucky I can do a time in the 19s, but most likely do a time just under the 1:20.5s. I have 8 tenths to make up, and I could just make 4 tenths in the first corner of that.

It's too hot and the best I care to do is 1:23-something. I'll post the proof once the trial has expired.

I'm annoyed with myself. I was 6.5 tenths up in total in the first two sectors and went wide at the Ascari chicane trying to get more out of the car. If I did a good / conservative final sector I would have done something like 1:19.4- 1:19.7. Best split times for me where 26.69X on one of the laps and 53.3XX on the lap I messed up the chance of taking pole position on the leaderboards. Oh well I couldn't get pole position like Vettel did. Maybe another day I will try so I can say "Grande, Grande! Grandisimo!".

I was wondering if you got my PM with my time as it shows you have yet to open it. Also is the next event dry or wet?

I am getting around to it.

Results will be up in the next few minutes, and Canada is going to dry. And it should be cooler this week so I'll be able to care about the time I submit. :P

I am getting around to it.

Results will be up in the next few minutes, and Canada is going to dry. And it should be cooler this week so I'll be able to care about the time I submit. :P

Did any of the newcomers set a time? Otherwise at least you are still guaranteed 3rd. Times between me and Lewis are very close at the moment so I needed to beat him as he may be better than me at the other tracks coming up.

Did any of the newcomers set a time? Otherwise at least you are still guaranteed 3rd. Times between me and Lewis are very close at the moment so I needed to beat him as he may be better than me at the other tracks coming up.

Nope. Check the results post, everything has been updated.

32057c3c.png

There is a typo. Scoreboard (As of Trial 2) should say 3 but it does not matter much. I can't believe I'm leading as I thought I would struggle to keep up with Lewis after Melbourne but found more pace and understand the physics system better now to get the maximum out of it.

I'm happy that I've got my highest ranking place on the leaderboards out of any racing game by being 3rd. So could have been 1st so still gutted by that. At that point I did not have a faster lap than Lewis and was struggling to complete one faster without cutting the track slightly on one of the corners. I was close to giving up but stuck with it and got my reward as I did not want to lose this one when I knew I had the pace to win.

Also you know the view replay, that shows on your screenshot, do you get that by pressing quit to paddock as I only get it then and when I tried to see replay, it was only a short one but I did not do a personal best when I tried that option.

Also you know the view replay, that shows on your screenshot, do you get that by pressing quit to paddock as I only get it then and when I tried to see replay, it was only a short one but I did not do a personal best when I tried that option.

Yep, quit to paddock. If you do nothing but dirty laps then it'll quit directly to the main selection screen. Also, if you go back to the garage and then quit I believe it'll do the exact same thing.

Yep, quit to paddock. If you do nothing but dirty laps then it'll quit directly to the main selection screen. Also, if you go back to the garage and then quit I believe it'll do the exact same thing.
I usually go back to the garage and then quit to paddock to be on the safe side to register the time on the leaderboards. It does not show View Replay then but when I did a valid lap, but not the fastest and just quit to paddock it showed the View Replay. However when I pressed it, it only showed me driving one corner.

I know the PC version also has a save replay command line thing, so hopefully Codemasters team working on the game are going to revamp the replay system a lot for F1 2011.

I have yet to see any of my laps on replay so it would be good to have a chance to see what I'm doing wrong. Telemetry would be a good addition to F1 2011.

Knew I could have won this one and planned to beat my time on saturday but unfortunately I scratched my eye at work on friday night so never got the chance. Not sure if I will be able to set a time this week either as my eye is still bad.

Knew I could have won this one and planned to beat my time on saturday but unfortunately I scratched my eye at work on friday night so never got the chance. Not sure if I will be able to set a time this week either as my eye is still bad.

You were very close to winning with the time you already had. I only beat your time just past midnight and was close to giving up as I thought it would be not my day. The lap I did was not that good, saved a lot by a good first sector and middle and final weren't too good but were consistent. I think I had a maximum potential to beat the time I submitted by 9 tenths but that would only happen if I did a perfect lap.

Sorry to hear about your eye. I'm going to shoot myself in the foot here but you do realise if you do not submit a time, you more or less handing me the title. Only Michael will probably then will be able to stop me. You will have to rely on me having a DNF to beat me then. I think I will win if you don't set a time, and Michael does not beat me at Montreal and I consistently finish 2nd. I'm sure if you just go around the track reasonably fast, you will still be very competitive when your eye is probably better near the end of the week. That will keep the championship battle alive still then. Get well soon.

Anyone set a time for this yet? I started today as I let my brother borrow the game and got it back last night. Anyway I had a splitting headache so getting used to the track for the first few laps was a bit hard. First lap was a 1:15.XXX so not very fast but picked up the pace with a few laps in. I got down to 1:10.1XX within the first hour of playing and my headache got worse so I stopped for a good few hours. Came back, did a 1:09.8XX quite quickly. Had problems beating that time afterwards, even if I was 2-4 tenths up before the last corner, I kept on messing it up as I did the final corner very fast on my PB at the time. Finally got it down to a 1:09.7XX, first and second weren't too good but the final sector was quite good and managed to make the tenth up there. The final corner is really the make or break part of the lap as you still have to risk everything on it as there is not really a way of being conservative even if you know you've done very good first and second sectors.

I might try and improve but I don't see Lewis on the leaderboards above me so I'm hoping he is not going to do a stealth attack :sly:. One thing I noticed is the leaderboards are very uncompetitive for the amount of people who did a time. There is over 40,000 times but the top 300 is very easy to get into. I think so far Interlagos is the most competitive time trial we've done as you had to do a good time to be in the top 1000.

I haven't had much of a chance all week but I'm about to get on it now.

I haven't had much of a chance all week but I'm about to get on it now.
You're probably in the same boat as I was earlier today as you are in a different time zone. Good luck.

Here is a video where you could learn your braking points quickly and driving line.

It got me up to speed quite quickly even with a headache.

I'll have another go before the deadline because I can't concentrate for 🤬 right now.

god that guy is quick in that video

now i know exactly what i'm doing wrong lol

Yep he is extremely quick especially at the final corner. I was talking to Shaggy on the 7th F1 championship thread and he mentioned Montreal final corner being slower to do with no assists but that guy is quicker than me by 1-3 tenths through there (OK, maybe a top player with assists could be faster like the person ranked No. 1). I saw his name on the PS3 leaderboards and he is exactly 1 tenth faster than me in total so looks like he switched to PC for better frame rate for extra precision and ease of recording. That time above though is not out of reach for me, but the ghost I was using is. The time I was chasing was a 1:08.470. The closest I could get to that person was 2-3 tenths down just before Turn 8 and then messed that corner up. At least I was ahead of him after the first two turns so his can't have been a perfect lap which also is a worry in its self :crazy:.

Michael, is it possible you could update the results. It could be a championship deciding moment depending on if Lewis set a time and you finished behind me. That woud give me a requirement of just setting good times for the remainder but I will still be aiming high. Next is Monaco baby (Sorry, couldn't resist) and I know you are looking forward to it. This is one I would like to win too. Hoping we are going to do the time trial on the dry track but don't mind if you choose wet as the leaderboards are probably less competitive.

I'll definitely update everything. Had some trouble over the weekend which resulted in me having to reinstall the game twice (I'm on the second download/reinstall now) so as soon as that's done I'll update the results since I'll be able to grab my results. If not I'll run a new session and penalize my final time, if need be.

As for Monaco that's on now. Haven't decided between wet or dry yet, but for the time being run the dry course and I'll finalize that once I've got the game up and running again. :D

I've yet to do a lap but I would be aiming for a time in the 09's at best even though 08's are possible but the minimum I would want to achieve is low 11's and high 10's.

By the way did you find out your time for Montreal?

I thought I uploaded that already...

I'll do it now (and probably run a few more laps at Monaco), I'll post up the full results next time I post.

UPDATED.

Last edited:
Surprised that Lewis did not set a time, not even a slow one, as that will ease the pressure from me. Now I can just go all out without having to worry about banker laps.

I've uploaded the winning lap. As you may know, I have now figured out how to view replay of my flying laps.

I short shifted once and brushed / hit the wall in the final corner which slowed me only down a little. A bit of a scruffy lap and slow in the first sector but consistent all the way so was an OK time in the end but not fast like the first video I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back