Formula One Masters Touring Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Terronium-12, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of the competition. My sincere apologies. I underestimated the time commitment needed. Even given enough time, I'm not sure how close I could have gotten to you guys, you're very fast.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't cause you any grief, cheers and thanks for the time you put in on the event.

Shame to here that. That now leaves only 3 of us so a guaranteed top 3 finish if a time is submitted. I only spend about 2-3 hours on each trial so I don't think it is much of a time commitment for me at the moment. It will help you out in the future F1 games to learn concepts of driving fast better so the time you spend now could help you in the future. That is the main reason why I'm doing it but also because I hardly play F1 2010 due to not liking the physics but wanted to get some moneys worth out of the game which I bought more or less at launch. Also GT5 does not have any fixed leaderboards so it is hard to compare while F1 2010 does have a very competitive one now that it is long in to its life span of the game. 1 tenth can jump you up 100 places which is amazing.

There must be a way to get more people on board as the current standings could be the final standings. I will try and push myself that little bit extra and try and take 1st spot for this trial but I know it will be very hard. Haven't had time to do many laps on this trial yet due to spending my gaming time on completing the new GT5 seasonal events. I will try and do a competitive time and hopefully I can learn how to do the final corner well.

It will help you out in the future F1 games to learn concepts of driving fast better so the time you spend now could help you in the future. That is the main reason why I'm doing it but also because I hardly play F1 2010 due to not liking the physics but wanted to get some moneys worth out of the game which I bought more or less at launch.

One of the reasons I wanted to partake, but I spent much more than a couple of hours on Albert Park to get a time that was remotely in the ballpark. I don't have an issue with not winning, I have other comittments that running the Time Trial was taking away from, gaming and real life.

Also GT5 does not have any fixed leaderboards so it is hard to compare while F1 2010 does have a very competitive one now that it is long in to its life span of the game. 1 tenth can jump you up 100 places which is amazing.

GT5 rarely makes it into the console these days, for a number of reasons, mostly, nice sim, so-so game. F1 2010 however is in the console 4 - 5 times a week, it's just a fun game to play.

At any rate, I do feel bad about comitting and then dropping out, but as someone once said, reality bites.

One of the reasons I wanted to partake, but I spent much more than a couple of hours on Albert Park to get a time that was remotely in the ballpark. I don't have an issue with not winning, I have other comittments that running the Time Trial was taking away from, gaming and real life.

GT5 rarely makes it into the console these days, for a number of reasons, mostly, nice sim, so-so game. F1 2010 however is in the console 4 - 5 times a week, it's just a fun game to play.

At any rate, I do feel bad about comitting and then dropping out, but as someone once said, reality bites.
Fair enough, I was just saying that it might help you out to do time trials to improve your speed better even if you spend less time on it. It doesn't matter if you are seconds of the pace as you can still make big steps through learning to push that little bit extra. I personally found I'm getting quicker like just through more track time in the game.

About GT5, I'm trying to complete it 100% with all cars and then I will try and do the same with F1 2010. I like the driving in GT5 better, the other day I drove my tuned 458 and it was fun to drive. I did the Super GT series today and went straight back to F1 2010 for this time trial event after not trying it for a few days. It was strange to get used to in the first couple of laps but quickly I started beating my previous personal best and think now that if I do a perfect lap, I can beat Lewis but I think I'm over 7 tenths off currently.

I finally figured out how to do the last corner, was thinking to myself why do I take the corner using momentum so instead accelerated through and that gained me a good few tenths to get me under the 1:06 barrier. I can beat Lewis now in the first sector, can sometimes match him in the 2nd sector and keep up in the final sector. It's just hard to execute a lap that is close to perfection for my ability level but I will try my best to as otherwise I think Lewis will run away with this championship. Only 3 out of 8 participants remain. I'm sure if more did submit a time we could have had a more competitive leaderboard but at the moment it seems there is about a two second difference between all three of us left. At least you submitted a time and probably get a fourth in the championship ;) if no one else joins.

Fair enough, I was just saying that it might help you out to do time trials to improve your speed better even if you spend less time on it. It doesn't matter if you are seconds of the pace as you can still make big steps through learning to push that little bit extra. I personally found I'm getting quicker like just through more track time in the game.

I agree with you 100%. At Melbourne I took almost 3 seconds off my previous pb, track time is huge.

About GT5, I'm trying to complete it 100% with all cars and then I will try and do the same with F1 2010. I like the driving in GT5 better, the other day I drove my tuned 458 and it was fun to drive. I did the Super GT series today and went straight back to F1 2010 for this time trial event after not trying it for a few days. It was strange to get used to in the first couple of laps but quickly I started beating my previous personal best and think now that if I do a perfect lap, I can beat Lewis but I think I'm over 7 tenths off currently.

I'd like to complete GT5, but until they patch in saving the endurance races mid race, no way I'm going to invest time trying to do a 24 hour race and hoping nothing goes wrong when I pause it. I like driving GT5, and try to get together with some buds once a week to do that, as a game though, it lacks. They could take some lessons from NFS Shift 2.

I finally figured out how to do the last corner, was thinking to myself why do I take the corner using momentum so instead accelerated through and that gained me a good few tenths to get me under the 1:06 barrier. I can beat Lewis now in the first sector, can sometimes match him in the 2nd sector and keep up in the final sector. It's just hard to execute a lap that is close to perfection for my ability level but I will try my best to as otherwise I think Lewis will run away with this championship. Only 3 out of 8 participants remain. I'm sure if more did submit a time we could have had a more competitive leaderboard but at the moment it seems there is about a two second difference between all three of us left. At least you submitted a time and probably get a fourth in the championship ;) if no one else joins.

You'll put a lap together, just takes time ;) gl!

I agree with you 100%. At Melbourne I took almost 3 seconds off my previous pb, track time is huge.

I'd like to complete GT5, but until they patch in saving the endurance races mid race, no way I'm going to invest time trying to do a 24 hour race and hoping nothing goes wrong when I pause it. I like driving GT5, and try to get together with some buds once a week to do that, as a game though, it lacks. They could take some lessons from NFS Shift 2.

You'll put a lap together, just takes time ;) gl!
I'm also going to wait for saving for endurance races. I'm at the moment just collecting cars and I nearly have all of them. Funny that I don't have the one that is dominating the last two seasonal time trial events, otherwise I would have liked to have seen where I stood and to see how competitive the leaderboards really are.

Talking about putting a lap together, I just had a surreal moment, I kept on getting faster and faster, doing sector times couple of tenths better than my previous bests. I couldn't believe what was happening, my best time was dropping by tenths and the final lap, I can't even remember if I nailed it but I managed to knock 4 tenths off. I felt like I was on another world after getting back to playing after messaging you. It is what I think Senna describes as when you feel like you are a passenger on a surreal ride to the unknown, "beyond my conscious understanding". I didn't know how it happened but an amazing feeling I never had before with this game. Maybe it is due to you giving me good luck. Thanks :).

Talking about putting a lap together, I just had a surreal moment, I kept on getting faster and faster, doing sector times couple of tenths better than my previous bests. I couldn't believe what was happening, my best time was dropping by tenths and the final lap, I can't even remember if I nailed it but I managed to knock 4 tenths off. I felt like I was on another world after getting back to playing after messaging you. It is what I think Senna describes as when you feel like you are a passenger on a surreal ride to the unknown, "beyond my conscious understanding". I didn't know how it happened but an amazing feeling I never had before with this game. Maybe it is due to you giving me good luck. Thanks :).

That phenomenon is very cool, getting in the zone, getting out of your own way, whatever you want to call it, letting your own natural abilities takeover can often lead to success.

Good job, keep putting the pressure on 👍

I'm done. Lap after lap nothing but quick sector times but I always manage to lose time due to understeering. Quickest S1 time is 16.283, fastest lap 1:05.970.

Let's just move the hell on so I can concentrate on a new location.

That phenomenon is very cool, getting in the zone, getting out of your own way, whatever you want to call it, letting your own natural abilities takeover can often lead to success.

Good job, keep putting the pressure on 👍

Here is sector comparison on the lap I did when everything felt surreal. Can't believe I managed to gain like nearly a second compared to my previous best in a space of few minutes after posting that reply to you. I was expecting I might never get close and it would take an hour or two to shave a few tenths but in the end it happened all very quickly.

My Lap
S1 16.117
S2 32.965
S3 16.149
Lap 65.231

Lewis's Lap
S1 16.183
S2 33.033
S3 16.082
Lap 65.298

Time Gain
S1 -0.066
S2 -0.068
S3 0.067
Lap -0.067

As you can see it is very tight. I think I could gain about 2-4 tenths if I did my best sector times. I did a 15.9XX something first sector time just before doing my fastest lap. When I chased my ghost to find out sector times I noticed I did turn 4 slowly and I remembered I took too much speed in and had to wait to get the power in so that cost me maybe about a tenth in the 2nd sector. Also the final sector I managed to beat while chasing my ghost but don't know what time it was. I forgot to reduce the front wing on the final corner and that might have cost me about 3 or more places on the leaderboards. I'm used to not reducing wing levels and didn't do it once for the previous laps I did today.

I'm hoping this time is good enough to win unless Lewis or Michael have something up their sleeves.

I'm done. Lap after lap nothing but quick sector times but I always manage to lose time due to understeering. Quickest S1 time is 16.283, fastest lap 1:05.970.

Let's just move the hell on so I can concentrate on a new location.

Better to brake early than too late as you are more likely to understeer off, like I nearly did on turn 4 on my fastest lap. Is it possible for you to post the results now, so I know if I finished second or first?

Sorry about double post.

I was awfully convincing, wouldn't you say? :dopey:

Although I do want to move on (Interlagos is in fact getting on my nerves) but I'm close to the both of you, if I can't get any closer before 11:59 EST then I'll post my final time.

Results updated. I'm drifting by 13 points but that's no big problem. If it's only going to be the three of us from hereon out we should be free to variate between the top 4 chassis.

Thoughts?

I don't mind if we are allowed to change cars to any of the top 4 teams. McLaren is the quickest on most tracks, if not all in this game. I haven't checked the Monaco leaderboards but I expect Red Bull would be strong there. Is the next time trial event going to be in the dry?

About the results, you added an extra l to my name. It is a good thing I won as it keeps the championship more tight, the only other way it would have been tighter is if you won it. Also the results hyperlink does have an extra http in the link which makes it not work, not that it really matters and you should add EST is the time zone just in case someone else joins and doesn't know.

Fixed, and fixed. Thank you.

As for it being in the dry, no, no it won't.

Sorry I haven't competed, but my times are nowhere near yours :embarrassed: Plus, my PS3 has mysteriously disappeared... :(

I have yet to attempt to do a lap. Just checked quickly the leaderboards, and Lewis will be again very hard to beat. If I remember correctly, Michael, you need to cut 2 seconds if you are doing high 1:23's. I think I might attempt to do the time trial soon, and get used to driving the in the wet as the last time I did was probably last year and was not that good at it then. Just hope I can get 2nd place at least.

Tesla, have you found where your PS3 disappeared to?

I have yet to attempt to do a lap. Just checked quickly the leaderboards, and Lewis will be again very hard to beat. If I remember correctly, Michael, you need to cut 2 seconds if you are doing high 1:23's. I think I might attempt to do the time trial soon, and get used to driving the in the wet as the last time I did was probably last year and was not that good at it then. Just hope I can get 2nd place at least.

Tesla, have you found where your PS3 disappeared to?

I'm not too worried about being off-pace here. Monza is one of my favorite tracks and I can do 22's and 21's. If Lewis ventures into the 20's and 19's, then, I'll have my work cut out for me. :P

How ironic is it that Lewis drives for McLaren?

No, not funny? Okay...I'll grab my coat and leave...

is it to late to join? :L

I'm not too worried about being off-pace here. Monza is one of my favorite tracks and I can do 22's and 21's. If Lewis ventures into the 20's and 19's, then, I'll have my work cut out for me. :P

How ironic is it that Lewis drives for McLaren?

No, not funny? Okay...I'll grab my coat and leave...
I think Lewis is ranked 21 on the PS3 leaderboards if I remembered correctly, so it will be hard to beat his current time.

It is ironic as your name being Michael and you having won the most F1 World Championships (11) :sly:.

I think Lewis is ranked 21 on the PS3 leaderboards if I remembered correctly, so it will be hard to beat his current time.

It is ironic as your name being Michael and you having won the most F1 World Championships (11) :sly:.

Wet or dry? Awesome either way.

I was (read: was) No. 3 for the wet track and now I'm in 55th or something like that. Haven't tried getting myself back up there since.

Wet or dry? Awesome either way.

I was (read: was) No. 3 for the wet track and now I'm in 55th or something like that. Haven't tried getting myself back up there since.
Wet obviously as that is the requirement of the time trial.

I'm not even ranked yet so only way is up for me. I thought you are trying now for this event, if you are doing 23's now. Have you checked the ranking number of the bottom time at all? It will give a good idea how many people play the game on PC compared to PS3 if I check the bottom number for the PS3 version.

Finally are you going to let the person above join. Would be good if we had to fight for a top three finish.

Well I did my first run at the time trial and was struggling quite a lot, about 4-5 seconds off the pace. Span out quite a lot and noticed there are TV screens which show what I'm seeing which I did not notice before. Anyway I was struggling to get into a rhythm as it is very easy to spin and took me about half an hour just to find braking points but I've still not fine tuned them. I did a 1:24.283 and checked where it put me in the leaderboards. I was amazed to see me in 140th place so I checked what was the bottom place and was surprised there is only 770 entries. Checked the dry and there is 30276 entries.

I went back into time trial and started picking up some speed and my times kept on going down. My best lap was 1:21.247 which put me 8th on the leaderboards, and I think personally I could knock a second off or more if I do a perfect lap. Straight after completing my fastest lap, in the first sector I gained 2-3tenths before braking too late and cutting the track at the start of the 2nd sector. That is where I'm struggling the most. Anyway it is good to see my name now, straight away if I just go to the top of leaderboards as I'm in the bottom 8th place.

I will probably try and get a top three finish on Saturday. Michael I think I was wrong about Lewis's time being hard to beat as the leaderboards are not very competitive compared to dry tracks. First half an hour I thought it would be impossible but in the end I was gaining a lot of time in parts I thought Lewis went extremely quick in. Anyway I expect a response from you guys so I will try my best to answer if you do beat my time in the next couple of days.

Full Name: Matthew McCarthy
Chassis: Vodafone Mclaren-Mercedes

Sorry for asking a stupid question but how do i prove my lap times? i read the OP and it just stated that i needed to prove my lap times but i dunno how to? Sorry for asking and thanks in advance!

Well I did my first run at the time trial and was struggling quite a lot, about 4-5 seconds off the pace. Span out quite a lot and noticed there are TV screens which show what I'm seeing which I did not notice before. Anyway I was struggling to get into a rhythm as it is very easy to spin and took me about half an hour just to find braking points but I've still not fine tuned them. I did a 1:24.283 and checked where it put me in the leaderboards. I was amazed to see me in 140th place so I checked what was the bottom place and was surprised there is only 770 entries. Checked the dry and there is 30276 entries.

I went back into time trial and started picking up some speed and my times kept on going down. My best lap was 1:21.247 which put me 8th on the leaderboards, and I think personally I could knock a second off or more if I do a perfect lap. Straight after completing my fastest lap, in the first sector I gained 2-3tenths before braking too late and cutting the track at the start of the 2nd sector. That is where I'm struggling the most. Anyway it is good to see my name now, straight away if I just go to the top of leaderboards as I'm in the bottom 8th place.

I will probably try and get a top three finish on Saturday. Michael I think I was wrong about Lewis's time being hard to beat as the leaderboards are not very competitive compared to dry tracks. First half an hour I thought it would be impossible but in the end I was gaining a lot of time in parts I thought Lewis went extremely quick in. Anyway I expect a response from you guys so I will try my best to answer if you do beat my time in the next couple of days.

It's the same on the PC front. It's, well I won't say easy, but it's not extremely difficult to move up the LB for wet tracks. I don't know why there aren't as many times to be honest...I prefer wet conditions as it demands that much more finesse.

I love Monza and know it like the back of my hand, but I'm eagerly awaiting Monaco.

Full Name: Matthew McCarthy
Chassis: Vodafone Mclaren-Mercedes

Sorry for asking a stupid question but how do i prove my lap times? i read the OP and it just stated that i needed to prove my lap times but i dunno how to? Sorry for asking and thanks in advance!

Take a picture of your time during the session you did your absolute best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back